*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949633-The-Weirdest-Day-at-the-Salon
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #949633
I wrote this last year for my creative writing class's magazine
Another day, another client. It’s all the same. Except for the stories they tell you. Some stories you wonder if that really happened, some are really boring, some are sad…etc. They all vary depending on the person. The story that stuck with me today was the plot of a murder. You’re probably reading this thinking “you’re kidding…right?” Well, I’m not. I’m dead serious.
This guy comes in my salon today and he’s in a really good mood. I know him because he’s a regular so, I started to make conversation.

Here’s his story:

“I’ve been watching this girl for a while,” he said. I thought that maybe he was talking about a girl that he wanted to ask out. Well that turned out not to be the case. He was actually stalking this poor girl. So I said to him, “Chad, why are you following this young girl around? Does she know you?”

Chad replied, “Kris, this girl is going to be my next project. Haven’t you figured that out by now?” I just shook my head. I couldn’t believe this! I had known this guy for years and I had never thought that he would kill anyone. But apparently he had, and is going to again. As these thoughts are running rapidly through my head, Chad begins to tell me how he is going to go about murdering this innocent girl.

“I’ll have to knock her out first. Then move her to a different location,” he was saying. Oh my God! I can’t believe he’s telling me these details. This is so completely wrong and sick and twisted and god I don’t know what else. Then Chad said, “ I have this special knife that I’m going to use just for her. The knife has a long, sharp and jagged edge. I’m going to take the knife and repeatedly stab her over and over again, with the blood going everywhere and her screams piercing through the cold, crisp night air.”

I had to get out of there, I thought. This is too much. The details he was telling me made me want to throw up. This guy belonged in an institution. He should not be roaming free in the streets among these innocent people, many of whom could be his next target. I wanted to scream so much but I couldn’t because I didn’t know what his reaction would be if I did.

By this time I had finished washing and cutting his hair. Chad was still telling me about his murder plot. All the while my head was screaming NO MORE! NO MORE! “I’m going to particularly mutilate the private areas of her body” Chad was saying as we made our way to the front desk so he could pay me for the haircut.

After that little detail it clinched my decision to call the police as soon as he left the salon and had driven away. Chad was just about to leave when he turned to me and said, “Oh by the way don’t even think about telling anyone or you’ll be next.” All the color drained from my face. I nearly fainted there on the spot. Luckily Chad was my last client that day so I could just close up the salon and head home.

On the drive home all the details of his tale swam in my brain. I didn't know what to do. I desperately wanted to call the police. But I didn't want to die either. I was stopped at a red light, thinking all of this through. If I went straight, then I would just be going home and that poor girl would die. If I went left then I would be heading to the police station and telling them all that I know.

Then the light turned green, I started to go straight then I took a sharp turn left. There was no way I was going to let that innocent girl die.
© Copyright 2005 littlegirl (littlegirl46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/949633-The-Weirdest-Day-at-the-Salon