*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/951112-The-Jewel-of-Creelah-1
by amazon
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #951112
Noakhali meets Valdor...A tribe long forgotten is soon to rise again.
Noakhali's planet Metetar is inhabited with many beautiful creatures, some are harmless others however can be very fierce, and untamed. In Creelah where Noakhali and her family live there was not much threat from creatures of any kind.

Just outside of Creelah is the Uroch marsh. Creelah is almost completely surrounded by the marsh. Ever since Noakhali can recall she has been forbidden to enter the marsh even with her training. Her father has told her of many creatures that live in the marsh but the most feared are the marsh cats, they are larger than most Creelah men and are fierce hunters.

Queen Teijrah and King Tryloh her parents were both loving. Queen Teijrah was said to be one of the most beautiful ladies in the land, King Tryloh was very handsome himself both had a warm skin tone with dark thick hair, Queen Teijrah had eyes, the color of nightfall dark violet, with a slender build. King Tryloh had eyes, the color of the trees a deep green that seemed to brighten depending on his mood. King Tryloh was a large man, his shoulders were massive and told many of his strengths. The king was well known in many lands for his skills, and strength. Only the people who knew him well knew he had a soft heart.

Noakhali had trained with her father for many years in defense, he felt that no one should be left defenseless no matter what gender they were. She remembered her father had told her about an attack on the village once, so many lives were lost most only women and children. The king was tormented for a long period of time over the loss of his people. He then decided that no one would be safe unless they knew how to defend themselves. Creelah women have trained along the side of men ever since.

There had been talk in the castle about a young warrior traveling from Lachnar. The king had sent for him, hoping he would accept an offer to be captain of his guards. Noakhali was looking forward to his arrival, she grew weary of sparring with the guards just as they have grown tired of losing to her.

What Noakhali did not know was the true meaning behind this warrior's journey. No one but the king, queen knew the truth. This nearly broke her parents hearts, but they knew they needed to protect her. They also knew how hard it would be for her to accept the truth, so they decided to keep it from her for now.

Noakhali awoke and started to get ready for the day, after her morning meal she decided to take a morning walk on the grounds. The sight of the lush and green land nearly took her breath away. She could hear the Lilix singing in the trees, their songs always filled her with a great warmth. The flowers all in full bloom and fragrant, it was intoxicating. The sky was such a light shade of purple in the morning, but she loved the night sky also, it was the deepest shade of violet with the moons casting an orange haze across the sky.


Valdor had finally reached the edge of Creelah and was thoroughly exhausted from his journey. Tired and hungry he had been very fortunate not to run into to much trouble getting there. The journey through the marsh land had his senses aroused tremendously. He was calming down now and was very eager to reach the kingdom of Creelah, to greet King Tryloh and Queen Teijrah.

Although Valdor was young for being such a renowned warrior, he deserved every bit of recognition. His travels had brought him face to face with some of Metatar's most fierce creatures, and he lived through it. He was not big on telling tales of his journey's. He felt when most warriors boasted of their triumphs, they did so to make themselves larger than they were.

As he traveled, he kept thinking to himself about the task at hand. He had never even seen Noakhali, and did not fancy being a nanny to anyone especially a woman. Valdor had yet to find any relations with a women, he felt they were very superficial creatures. He did not like his solitude but much preferred it to the chaos of a woman.

His father Trivech had warned him that this Noakhali was very different in many ways, but he would not speak of them. "That," he said, "is left to her parents to explain. I wouldn't even know where to begin." Which left Valdor seething, he has always been very curious.

Valdor approached the outer gates of Creelah and sighed at the welcoming sight of civilization.
The gates opened and he was led straight away to the castle. He was anxious to get there just to find out what he was getting himself into.

Then he saw her the most exquisite woman he had ever seen, her hair was the deepest shade of black with a hint of violet and fell well past her shoulders in long soft curls, her skin looked as smooth as the finest fabric in all of Metatar a golden brown. It glistened in the moons light, Valdor was simply awestruck, he stood there staring as if he had never seen a woman before.

Although he was so tired from his journey all of his senses were heightened now, he felt drawn to her somehow, a feeling he would never get rid of. "Sir," the guard said. Valdor snapped to attention, "Forgive me, but who is the woman over there?" he had pointed straight to Noakhali. "That is Princess Noakhali," the guard replied, and continued to lead Valdor up the courtyard and into the main entrance of the castle where he was greeted by Queen Teijrah.


"No wonder Noakhali is so beautiful," Valdor thought to himself as he gazed upon Teijrah. Her purple eyes seemed to look right through him, as if he wasn't there. Teijrah opened her arms to greet Valdor with a perfect smile, and a buttery soft tone of voice, "Come with me Valdor I know you must be famished from your journey let me get you something to eat. We also have much to talk about."


Just more mystery for Valdor to endure, he was still so alive from the sight of Noakhali that he was sure he would get no rest until he knew exactly what it was he had been sent for.

Valdor had eaten to much food he decided, but could not resist when Teijrah had ordered the meal be made for him. As they sat in the den around the fire after he had eaten it became apparent to Valdor the seriousness of the task at hand, for Teijrah had fallen quite silent.

"King Tryloh could not be here I apologize for his absence he is taken care of some rather pressing matters in his library. I am left with the task of telling you why we needed you to make such a long journey," she informed Valdor. " Please feel no need to apologize Queen Teijrah," Valdor replied.

"Are you quite comfortable Valdor? What we are about to discuss could take some time to explain in the way you need to hear it." At that prompting Valdor knew this was going to be a greater task than he might have been prepared for. It took a moment for the queen to collect her thoughts then she began.

She started from the beginning when she and King Tryloh had met. "I am gifted with a sense that is even hard for me to explain, I can feel the planet around me, all living things live inside of me as well. I can sense things from them whether it be danger or otherwise. Valdor, I knew when I met King Tryloh we were destined to be bound to each other forever in this life and many others to come," she stated.

"Noakhali being born when the three moons of Metatar were aligned was no normal event. We tried in fact to hide it and how it was found out we are still unsure. When the three moons of the planet are aligned a portal of some sort is opened. During Noakhali's birth it had opened and with it had come something, or someone of great darkness. As Noakhali ages I can sense the power in her growing stronger. I do not know quite yet what it all entails but I do know there will be little to help her control it," Queen Teijrah paused for a moment looking at Valdor again as if she knew something he didn't.

"How am I going to help you with such a feat my queen? I am but a warrior, how am I supposed to protect something with such vast power?" Queen Teijrah's eyes glistened in the firelight, such a shade of purple that it made Valdor wonder what she knew but was speaking nothing of.

"Noakhali can only be bound to one soul for eternity Valdor, do you understand what that means?" she asked him. "No," he replied. "It means that she can have only one mate for all of eternity. The power she holds cannot only be controlled by her but her mate as well, for when she is in a state unable to control herself it will be her mate's responsibility," she explained.

Valdor became rather stiff at that moment finally realizing what she was implying, "Do you mean to tell me that I am that mate Queen Teijrah?" He now understood why his father was so unwilling to explain to him why he had to make this journey. "Yes Valdor, I know it comes as quite a shock," she said. "A shock?" Valdor said rather loudly, "the thought of it is impossible to me."


Queen Teijrah knew this would be hard for him to accept, but knew he would do it. He had too, for she knew he was bound to Noakhali already she could sense it within him. "Tell me Valdor, have you seen her yet?" she asked. "Yes," he responded almost knowing what it would lead to. "How did you feel when you laid your eyes on her?" she knew the answer before he had time to respond.

"You felt it didn't you? I knew it, I knew it when I first laid eyes on you that you could sense the bind you share with Noakhali," she stated with a great deal of excitement in her voice. "I thought it strange but passed it off after awhile," he lied. "No, you didn't Valdor do not try to hide your feelings from me I can feel them stirring within you even as we speak," she scorned.

Valdor did not want to accept his destiny. Sitting in denial for a moment of what he had just heard. "I don't understand my queen how can this be possible? I am not sure I can do what you ask of me," he told her. "You will, I have complete trust that you will. Noakhali's life depends on you now." She was serious.

He knew he had to accept it sooner or later though tough as it may be he would, Queen Teijrah was right he knew in his heart he was bound to Noakhali, and could feel she was with him even now. How strange he thought to himself, A woman I have seen only once existing within me like this.

"Noakhali does not know of her powers yet. King Tryloh and I have agreed now is the time to tell her," she informed him. "I can sense in her a darkness that I cannot explain. I know that it is an animal like being and it grows stronger with her as she ages. I could sense it when she was growing inside me, not one but two. They are different than any other beings I have crossed paths with. I need to tell you Valdor, one of Noakhali's gifts is the power to change," she held her breath for a moment.

"What do you mean change?" shocked by her honesty. "Taking on unhuman forms, we have no knowledge of what yet. Soon it will happen, and you are the only one she will be controlled for. You alone will hold the key to her safety in human form or otherwise." She was trying hard to stress the importance of this to Valdor. Who was now toppled with complete frustration, not knowing what to expect next.

"When she learns how to control her powers she will be able to align the three moons Nevria, Oroblar, and Zartec, when this happens the portal will be open to those same forces that came at her birth. They know of her but do not know her, it is imperative that they never find her.
They will destroy the entire universe as we know it and enslave us all. Life as we know it will cease to exist," she continued to explain and Valdor's head was whirling with doubt.

"For just as many dark forces that seek her out there will also be good, trying to protect her. Do not trust everything, but do not make haste in judging what seems as though it cannot be trusted. I know that this is quite a large burden for you to take on but you must, it is your destiny Valdor."
Queen Teijrah's statement snapped Valdor to attention quickly, "My destiny what is it that you know of my destiny my queen?" he questioned. The queen was hesitant to answer, "I sensed your birth Valdor, knowing what your life plan was. After I had Noakhali, I sought you out with King Tryloh's help."


"Knowing you were pre bound to my daughter, even before birth. I had seen you in so many of my dreams, when I heard of your accomplishments I knew you were the one. The one who is meant to be guardian and protector of my daughter. The seriousness of this weighs greatly on your shoulders I know, I can feel it stirring inside of you. Valdor you cannot deny this, for you too will be greatly affected by it's outcome, should you choose not to accept it." And with that Queen Teijrah was done.

Valdor sat in silence for awhile and pondered on the information provided to him. If this truly was his destiny, he had no choice but to accept it. He would not be responsible for the demise of Metatar, let alone the universe.

"I know you are tired Valdor but I had to tell you now just incase I may not be able to later. Now, why don't you come with me and I will take you to your chambers so that you may rest," with care in her voice, she escorted him through the great hall and down to his chambers.

********************************

Valdor lazily awoke in the morning, feeling as if he had slept for longer than he really had. He had thought back to his discussion with Queen Teijrah last eve. How could she know all these details of him? In all his travels he never crossed paths with a creature, or being like her. Then it all began to sink in again. The feeling of obligation was overwhelming but he knew he had to protect Noakhali at any cost, even if the price was his life.

Valdor stood before a great window in his chambers and looked down to the castle grounds, took a deep breath taking in all the scents of the land. It was rich and full of the sweetest scents, all of the flowers in full bloom. He stood looking out onto the grounds when he saw her. She walked as though she were floating on the ground.

The intense and sudden urge of longing to be with her and protect her rushed over him all at once. He caught himself starring at Noakhali, suddenly realizing that she was starring right back at him.
"She could feel it!" He thought to himself, "She knows what I am feeling. I can sense her presence within." Her eyes shone bright in the day the richest shade of gold he had ever seen, "My, what a beauty you are. Father was right you are different."

Feeling her face flush with embarrassment, Noakhali turned her back to the stranger. She was compelled to turn and stare, at that very moment she laid eyes on a very different sort of man. "Was this the man responsible for her inner turmoil? Who was this giant?" she thought to herself, "and why is he gazing so intently upon me?"

On her way back from her morning stroll, she now set out to find her parents and have them explain who this man was. She looked up at him one more time, ashamed at her instantly heightened state, and overcome by the strangest sensation she had ever known. "Foolish thoughts," she scorned herself for thinking in such a manner, "I am not some weak woman who falls at the sight of a man."


Still shaken by the incident, Noakhali was searching madly for an explanation for these feelings. Not of love nor lust, but much like her inner life force being pulled straight to him. Noakhali thought for a moment and had remembered her mother telling her of a similar experience.

The moment Queen Teijrah and King Tryloh had first met, the intertwining of life forces had so strongly affected them, the King came close to falling off Maoki. Maoki is the King's pure bread Ojaniko. They can travel so fast that a blue light, much like that of a flame is left as their trail. They are known to stand as tall as two men, with the width to match. The origin of the Ojaniko species is still disputed among elders in many tribes, but no one has settled on an answer yet.

Smiling to herself, Noakhali was picturing her father caught off guard. The mere thought of this made her laugh out loud. Her father, the king, coming close to a fall that would have surely caught the attention of more than just her mother's eye. She almost felt guilty for getting pleasure out of that thought.

She sought her mother out in her chambers and found her. Lounging, out on the bay of her window in the suns light, looking like a star plucked right from the night's sky. Teijrah knew why Noakhali was there. She had fully prepared to give her the answers she was after. Turning her head towards her daughter she smiled, "Noakhali my love how are you? Do you feel rested?" "Yes mother I do, thank you," she replied with quite a short tone to her voice.

"Did the warrior everyone keeps speaking of arrive last eve?" Curious to know if this was the man she had seen earlier. "The king will be inviting him to dine with us this eve, you will be there won't you?" Noakhali knew her mother's tone, this was not an invitation. "I thought he was here because father offered him the captain of the guard?" Now she knew there was something her parents were not telling her.


"Yes mother I will be there, I must say the talk around the castle of this warrior Valdor is amusing. They say he is a legend before his time, all the battles he has fought. They say he is young is this true?" "Yes daughter it is true, please do not weigh his mind with your intrigue this eve. I know he must be tired from his journey, a journey no man I know of but him would make alone. I am not asking Noakhali, leave him be this eve, there will be more time for your intrigue later."
"Yes mother, I will not be bothersome this eve not to worry." Noakhali left it alone for now, she knew deep in her heart that her mother was leaving out something very important. "Soon," she said to herself as she left, "I will know all they are keeping from me."

Queen Teijrah could feel the fear in her rising and wished she could ease Noakhali. As a tear fell from her eye she started thinking of what could happen to her precious daughter. Not knowing, and still able to feel the impending danger, and darkness might drive her to lose her senses all together. It was growing more difficult as time wore on to fight for them day after day.

Teijrah sat silent enjoying the days light on her face, knowing that the dark feelings that surged through her meant they were on the cusp of danger. Having no answer for how to protect her and thankful Valdor was here, finally gave the queen some relief.

*************************************************

Queen Teijrah had spoke to King Tryloh of her fear of something dark heading their way. He was on high alert to try to protect his family, feeling somewhat helpless. The king had no idea where the attack would come from but knew more than to question his wife's senses for she had never been wrong.

So busy with this thought that he had been wondering to and from his library and the guards chambers, that he had almost walked right into Valdor as he was leaving his chambers.
"Valdor!" King Tryloh said shocked when they ran into each other, "I was not expecting you so soon I take it your journey faired well then?" He smiled with relief. Knowing that Valdor was here for Noakhali was a great burden lifted off his chest, he could breath easier now.

"King Tryloh I missed you last eve when I arrived," Valdor replied. "I take it the queen has informed you of what we seek from you?" asked King Tryloh. "Yes I am still trying to make sense of it all in my mind but my heart tells me that I must accept," Valdor had accepted it with no hesitation, not only had his quick response surprised himself, but he could see the relief in the king's eyes as well. The two walked through the castle and King Tryloh told Valdor of the first time he had laid his eyes on Queen Teijrah. "I thought I was going mad," he had stated. Valdor laughed to himself knowing the frustration that goes with that sensation, frustration he assumed that would get much worse as time wore on.

While they were walking together the king informed Valdor of his plans to strengthen the castles defenses. "Why do you feel you need to increase your defenses my lord?" "My wife the queen," he replied. Sensing a sadness in his voice Valdor asked, "Why? How could she know of such things." "She has a power young Valdor, that most could never dream of. I learned long ago to put every last trust of hope into her gift, and never dare challenge it.

"Powers, Queen Teijrah spoke of powers last eve, but said nothing of herself. My lord please tell me what it is that troubles you so. If I am to be of any assistance I must know everything."

"The Queen and princess Noakhali are like none I have ever crossed paths with. When I first met Queen Teijrah, I felt drawn to her, mostly overwhelmed. The sensation hit so hard and fast, it nearly uprooted me off my Ojaniko, Maoki. Queen Teijrah turned away quickly and I followed her with passion I had never felt before. I was quick to take her as my mate, never leaving her side. To leave would mean to die inside, the bond we share even now grows stronger as each sun takes to rest on every eve," King Tryloh seemed lost in thought for the moment, remembering times filled with joy and happiness. Now a mind full of troubling thoughts and darkness consume him, no longer are his dreams his own. Overrun by the thought of Vallroch's and Wizard's of the darkness seeking out his beloved wife and daughter.

"My lord?" Valdor feeling as though he were interrupting the king's thoughts. "I am sorry Valdor, remembering happier times always seems to put me in a trance." "My lord I am sorry to be so persistent, but I still need an explanation. All this talk of powers I know nothing of is very interesting all the while very confusing. Queen Teijrah, and now you my lord. I am truly apologetic if I am out of line, but I was under the impression that this was an urgent matter."

King Tryloh could hear the frustration growing in the young warrior's voice, "Yes Valdor , you do need some answers and I shall see to it that you get them. In the mean time will you join me for a bite to eat?" Valdor was actually quite hungry so with no hesitation did he follow the king's lead.
© Copyright 2005 amazon (arianne at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/951112-The-Jewel-of-Creelah-1