*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952439-Good-bye-Terri
Rated: 13+ · Other · Community · #952439
It is inevitable. Rest in peace
03/24/2005
4:45 p.m.

Good-bye Terri Schiavo


          I see now that it is over. Hope is gone; rest in peace. I wanted you to live. I wanted to believe. God bless your family and those good hearted people gathered in your behalf. Where is the N.O.W. in your behalf? Where is that right to life? PETA would not allow you to starve if you were a dog, or a horse, or a feline. Your death sentence is inevitable. Your value is less than John Couey or Scott Peterson. You have fewer rights than a death row inmate. Although the ongoing battle between the executive branch and the judicial branch of our government is amusing, it is fruitless. Their efforts cannot even establish sufficient cause to re-evaluate your current medical condition or review medical information provided in the previous court hearings and pertinent chronological history.
          The legal system is not to blame. That system deals only with law, with words. Michael’s lawyer has all the words. Michael holds the law in the palm of his hand. That system does not look at the human factor. Public opinion is restricted by the release of media information, which is restricted by those media sources political preferences. While all of this side show circus dominates the daily news, you are dying by starvation. His word is accepted as law, in your behalf. He wouldn’t lie. Rest in peace. It will be over soon.
          I have a gut feeling, a sick premonition, a feeling about this porous case. I, as a parent, tend to believe your parents. I believe that your husband, your controller, your legal guardian, has dollar sign pupils. He is protected and backed by the boisterous and excited attorney speaking so righteously in his behalf. Hmmm. Let me think. What could make an attorney excited and boisterous? What future legal precedence is this case setting, in relation to our elderly care, our handicapped and abused citizens? A dangerous door has opened.
          Those medical records are sealed for a good reason. I suspect one reason could be to hide informative truth. That nurse from 1996 came forward with an interesting story. I certainly see nothing wrong with explaining your dying wishes 7 years after the hospitalization. I am sure that timing has nothing to do with the common law marriage legal waiting period. I’m absolutely certain that the malpractice suit money awarded in 1992, was not a factor in the timing of the announcement of your dying wishes. Neither was the cancellation of your progressing therapy and hospice entry. I am sure that an insurance policy pay off that possibly hinges upon your death, is not a realistic factor. I do not understand why he doesn't just turn your care over to your family and be alleviated of all this controversy. It makes me think there is something to hide. Legally, none of these tidbits of information matter. He has only your best wishes at heart. Rest in peace.


________________________________________________________

          There once was a lady, who often took a beating by her abusive, drunk husband. She tried to escape her nightmare, but was beaten more and his sexual needs became stolen property. Abuse haunted her with daily fear and submission. The police were called and she was beaten for that. The restraining order was worded well, but she was beaten again. He spent a few days in jail and beat her bloody after his release. He would not allow a divorce. She would get a job in hopes for funding an escape, but he would beat her and take the money. He showed up where she worked, caused a scene and she lost job after job. She had no family to help and friends were non-existent because of his demented nature. She finally escaped with the help of a secret lover affair.
          Two months passed and in another state, she was living a normal life, with a job and the man who rescued her from the abusive situation. On a snow covered highway, there was a terrible automobile accident. He died instantly and she clung to life with the help of a machine. Her un-written dying wishes were never discussed and completely unknown by anyone. Her husband got to make that decision with a smile.------- Please get a living will.
© Copyright 2005 str8shooter (str8shooter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952439-Good-bye-Terri