*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952907-Monkeys-11
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Animal · #952907
An essay I did for English class last year. There was a size limit so it sounds rushed.
“Monkey’s Eleven”

Once upon a monkey, in the middle of nowhere, there was an ocean called “ The Ocean of the Apes”. In this emerald ocean, there was a captivating little island. A peculiar group lived there. They were called the M.I.B. which stood for Monkeys In Barrels. There were many monkeys, black, brown, hairy, bald, overgrown, 1 inch tall, ½ inch tall and many other variations, all of a Spanish heritage. These monkeys had an unusual trait, they could annoy any creature (except themselves and other monkeys) within a 1 mile radius. Their empress Nuevembadina, was old and forgetful, and lost her short-term memory. I will tell you a story, about these monkeys. One hot August day, the Monkey’s Year 24, a Cargo ship wondered into the Ocean on Apes.
“It is a beautiful day! What day IS it? Oh well” said Nuevembadina.
“Your Monkiness! We have a ship! A human ship!” A monkey burst in and screeched, running around the room, tripping and falling, finally he got to the Empress he took a deep breath. “Oh! I’m an Empress? Muy Bien! I am in luck! That means I’m rich! Great, now I can finally fix that roof!” said the Empress, the young monkey looked at her, he shook his head and continued ”It says something on it, but we can’t read, what should we do?”
“How should I know? I can’t read.”
“Yes you can!”
“Nah-uh!”
“Can too!”
“ Can not!”
“Can too!”
“I can? I can read! Yes, show me this ship!” The Empress hurried outside.
They walked through the whole village, the Empress now remembered everything, and was trying to recall the Human letters.
“ There it is. Well, what does it say?” Said the monkey impatiently.
“Patience Poobah! D-D, umm, Du… no… Do…Li… Dole? Yes it’s Dole! Now the next line… Ba… Bun…Bana… Banana… Bananas! Dole Bananas!”
“ It’s a ship full of Bananas! Dole bananas, what kind of Banana is that?”
asked Poobah.
“ I don’t know, perhaps it’s a Magical banana, This Dole kind.” Nuevembandina said. “ Alert the Village, we will need 11 monkeys to rob this ship!”

The MIBs gathered in the town center, which was a cave, decorated with the brightest paints, statues and other decorations. The Empress entered. Every monkey grew quiet. They were worried and anxious, their minds filled with thoughts like “I never heard of a Dole banana before, it is magical banana?” “I can’t wait to get my paws on this Dole!” “Hmm…chocolate…” Umm…just ignore that last one. Ugh, right where was I? Oh yeah… these poor monkeys were troubled. At last the Empress spoke,
“We will need 11 brave monkeys to go on a yearlong journey to steal a hundred… no scratch that, two hundred Dole Bananas! I shall pick those who I think are suited to the task. Hmm… Kalulkichama and Pookichama you first.”
Two black hairy monkeys came up, their hands dragging behind them on the dirt.
“Next, Oono, Daws, Treys and Cuatrono” Said the Empress in a loud voice.
4 young furry monkeys ran up, bowed politely to the Empress and joined the 2 Brothers on the other side.
“Poobah, Chinco, Sesosa, Sietita, and Ochono” the Empress said, pointing out each one.
The rest came up and bowed low too. “I leave it up to all of you to bring back 200 bananas for the MIB. Good Luck!” The Empress stood up and left. The other monkeys walked away too.

In the morning, the 11 monkeys took a small boat made of tree branches and palm trees. They said farewell to their loved ones and set sail toward the Dole Boat. When they arrived there, the Dole ship was still and silent. The monkeys climbed aboard and very stealthily ran inside. They saw the Bananas, they were there, they were about to take them when Boom! A trap fell on the 11 monkeys!
“ We thought the monkeys would come! Great!” said a fat, short man, in his 50’s.
He came up to them and said, “ So little monkeys, want out?”
The 11 monkeys all nodded in union. “ Well you’ll have to stick with us for the year. We’ll teach you how to dance and put cute little outfits on you!” said another voice. It was a woman, tall and slim. As she walked, her heels clicked on the metal floor. The monkeys gulped, and looked at the bananas.

The poor monkeys didn't know what to do. They were now locked in a miniture cage. " We need a plan" said Kalulkichama. Before he could say anything else, the woman came up to them and pulled Oono out of the cage and dragged him away from the bunch. About an hour later, the other monkeys began to hear a sound. They recognized Oono's screeching and the woman's cursing. Oono ran into the room that they were in, tripped and fell. The monkeys looked at him and they all cocked their heads to the side. Oono was wearing a bright pink dress, and on top of that, red lipstick. The monkeys could not hold their chuckles any longer and burst out laughing and screeching and pointing their fingers at him.

A sudden hush fell over the monkeys as the tall woman came in, holding more ridiculous outfits. It was now Oono's time to laugh. He rolled over and was laughing so hard he fell into one of the holes on the ship floor. It took the woman another hour to dress the other monkeys and after much hassle and and aggrevation, she got them all dressed. I must say it was a dreadful sight to see the poor monkeys, crying and laughing at each other. Lets move on.

The next morning. Treys awoke to find that their cages had been moved into another room. Treys examined their new cage carfully and found that it had not been locked. Was this a trap or the human's mistake? Treys asked himself. At last he decided to try it. Slowly he opened the door and walked around the cage. It had worked. They could leave right now. The poor thing forgot to be quiet and screeched with joy. He woke all the other monkeys up. Kalulkichama ran out of the cage and to Treys. He wrestled him to the ground and finally got him to be quiet. One by one the monkeys crawled out of the cage. Kalulkichama ran over to the the pile of Bananas that were in the next room and took the first one. Soon they all got 200 bananas ( but could hardly carry them!) Stole a small boat, and arrived home. It was good to be back! In the village, they were treated like heroes, and told tales of their adventures with humans. Plus, the monkeys had plenty of Dole Bananas to eat, thanks to Ooono, Daws, Treys, Cuatrono, Chinco, Sesosa, Sietita, Ochono, Poobah, Kulikichama, and Pookichama.
© Copyright 2005 Alya Caroline (albin4ik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/952907-Monkeys-11