*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953278-Joe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Short Story · Other · #953278
Kid who has a rough life gets through it.
One day Joe was walking through the park, his normal shortcut home, when
he heard a noise. He shrugged it off and thought that it was just squirrel or a rat, he had seen thousands of rats in his life time since he lived in downtown Cleveland. He then heard another sound, but this sound was different, it was as if someone had cut the nights sky with the retched sound that had just occurred. He started to run. He then tripped on an old willow tree root. He stood up in terrible pain and brushed himself off. He looked back and saw something in the shadows. He turned around and started walking toward it as if it had hypnotized him. The monster then showed it’s self to Joe and at that very moment the spell was broken and Joe looked up at the hideous monster before him. He stood there in shock, and then finally the monster grabbed him, and took him to his layer beneath the bridge in the middle of the park. No one could hear Joe screaming.
Joe’s mother Cindy had called the police after Joe didn’t come home after
curfew. The police had told her that three children had been abducted the week before. The policemen named James had stayed with Cindy after the others had gone to comfort her. He told her that they would get Joe home alive and in one piece. His mother could only pray. James let her cry on his shoulder.
After two days of searching nothing had shown up about Joe, except a small
amount of blood in the path that he had always walked on. Joes mother had cried the whole time Joe was missing. The only time she was happy was when James had came over at the end of the day to tell her about the search.
Cindy and James grew very fond of each other even though she had a husband,
Richard, Cindy had it easy in which she could cheat on Richard, because he was never home, he hadn’t even known that his own son had been gone for a month. Cindy and James could do anything they want.
Richard was a big shot, CEO, corner office kind of guy. Loved his family
and everything, but never wanted to see them. He wanted one thing in life, and that one thing was green, and was worth a lot less then family. He made the family hate him. Joe tried to love his dad, but couldn’t. One day Joe asked his dad to play catch with him, and his father did for one throw. Joe wished every night that he had a more loving dad.
The search had been going on for two months now and they had found
very little evidence of what happened to Joe. All they had found was the blood on the path, a shoe, and a piece of chewing gum. Every piece of evidence was less then ten feet away from Joe and they never even knew.
Joe was still alive. The beast and Joe had fought everyday for the months
that they had been together. The monster even ripped six teeth out of Joe’s mouth to make him shut up. Joe even tried to escape once, but the monster grabbed him by the leg and ripped off his finger nails. Joe hated every waking moment of being with the beast that had raped, brutalized,
and practically torn him in half. Joe wanted to kill the thing that was probably going to kill him in the end anyways.
The search party had split up and finally quit searching. They had thought
that they had looked everywhere. They looked under rocks, in trees, and even under the same bridge that Joe was under, and they still didn’t see him, ever. His own mother didn’t even care about him. She was just thinking about the baby on the way.
It was November 27th, the day Richard was coming back had Cindy and
James worried about what he might say about the swollen stomach of his wife. He was supposed to be home at nine in the morning, but never showed up. Cindy thought she was in the clear. James came over later that night expecting to see Richard and explain what had happened, but it didn’t turn out that way. James walked in and saw Cindy alone. He started crawling all over her, and she didn’t mind, enjoyed it even. They went to the bedroom.
Richard walked in on James and Cindy. Richard dropped roses and
went in to the kitchen. They never saw him. He grabbed the .38 and waited on the couch. Cindy and James heard a gun shot. They ran out into the living room and saw the bloody mess on the couch. It was Richard. It was November 27th, at 9:30 P.M. Cindy had messed up the time.
In Richards hands were divorce papers. He had signed his name in blood
before killing himself. Cindy looked at the papers in his hand and grabbed what was left of her deceased husbands head and wrote Cindy McGregor in blood. James then grabbed Cindy by the hips and both of them started laughing. Not a normal laugh but a menacing laugh that would kill some one if they had heard it. It was as if they knew that Richard would kill himself.
Joe had been doing everything that the monster had wanted and even
named it, Richard. He started to like being with the monster as if he had found a real dad. At least that was what the monster thought. The new Richard went out one night and grabbed another kid. Usually he killed the people that he had before, but he trusted Joe. He shouldn’t have. Joe snuck out and went straight home. He had noticed that it was boarded up and that no one was home. He then ran downtown, and remembered nothing. The McDonalds across from his house was gone, the Bowling Alley, Ten Pin Gutters, was gone, and that no one was anywhere. It was as if he had woken up and no one had survived a nuclear war but him. That was not the case.
He finally went uptown and found a family of Amish people. They let
him in and gave him a good warm meal. Joe ate as if he hadn’t ate nothing but dirt for eternity. He asked them what year it was, but they couldn’t understand him. They could only talk Yiddish. He left the house the next morning and found another couple riding bikes. He asked them what year it was and they told him it was 2015. He then asked them if they knew a Joe McGregor. They then rode away, as fast as they could in tears.
The monster got back to his bridge and noticed that Joe had left. He
then squeezed the life out of the only person he could find. He then tracked Joe down for weeks till he found him. The monster killed the Yiddish talking, bastards for a culture, the Amish. He ran looking for revenge, He was looking for one thing.
Joe had found out more about his life and what had happened from 2000
to 2015. He had found out that downtown Cleveland was nothing but an old park and a jail for all that psychos and killers. And that was in 2000. In 2015 it had turned into a drug filled gang central full of blood and violence. More blood has gone down the streets of Cleveland then during WWII is what some people said to Joe, now going by the name Jim to anybody he met from now on.
Cindy and James had been around the world. They had been spending
Richards insurance money and anything else they could steal. The cop inside James had gotten them almost anything they wanted. All it took was a flash of the badge and everyone gave him anything. They were a Bonnie and Clyde remake, but worse. They drove a Cadillac and smoked Cuban cigars. They had gone bad and couldn’t go no where but down. They robbed banks and killed people just to see what brains looked like on the side of a barn.
They were returning to Cleveland to see if they could hide out, when Cindy
ran into Joe, literally. The Cadillac slid to a stop but it was to late the white caddy had been turned blood red. Joe stood up. Cindy and James drew their 9mm Berettas and were ready to shoot. Joe then said,
“Mommy?” and Cindy got a tear. She ran to her very sore and bloody son and
showed him his sister in the back seat. She was fourteen. She had downs syndrome. She was deadly. She would kill even if you said hi to her. Joe said hi, it was a mistake. She shot her brother. It might have only hit his shoulder but he felt it. He grabbed Stacy, his sister, by the throat and killed her. He was so angry with the world that he could of chopped her head off and sewed it back together just to do it again. He was angry and his mom and new dad liked it.
The monster had saw the whole thing and while in the midst of it all had
snuck into the trunk of the car and hid there till morning the next day. Joe opened the trunk to get the AK’s and was startled to see the monster holding two of them and pointing right at him. He did the only thing he could think of at the moment and that was to shut the trunk and blow the caddy up. The monster climbed up out of the burning car, or what was left of it, and let out a horrible scream. Out of no where hundreds of the monsters could be seen on the horizon. Joe just stood there. He then ran in to the shack of a house grabbed his mom and new daddy and got some guns. He had pockets full of ammo and guns everywhere. His mom had a bazooka and a mortar. James had grenades, guns, and anything else you could imagine.
The war had began. Joe was first into battle he and what he used to call
Richard fought it out bare fists and all. Joe had grown a lot since 2000. Had had grown to be six foot five inches and three hundred pounds of pure muscle. He beat Richard down like a cockroach. The others had problems. They were getting old and all they could do was shoot stuff. They must have been blind, out of fifty shots they only hit three monsters. Joe had taken the bazooka and shot fifteen monsters in ten seconds flat. The bad thing was there were a lot more to go and there was no caddy left. The only thing they had left were quads.
They jumped on the quads and went the opposite direction as the monsters.
They had thought that they had lost them. They got to Akron and thought they were safe. But as they looked around all they could see were the monsters in suits and driving buses. They were scared to hell. They got the weapons out and shot everything they saw till everything around them was an oblivion.
As the smoked settled they started riding again. This time they headed to
Youngstown, the other ghetto. The truth is when they were in Akron their minds had played tricks on them and shot normal innocent people. This wasn’t the case in Youngstown. They were monsters. They were out of ammo as well. They could only fight with what they had. They didn’t last long because these monsters were stronger smarter, and better then the human race. Joe was the only one that got away alive.
He has lived his whole life with mean monsters. He isn’t about to let the
rest of the human race to have to go through what he had to. He thinks that his whole life was made to defeat the monsters that made his life horrible.
© Copyright 2005 Cody Dempsey (redhead0730 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953278-Joe