*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953413-CHAPTER--13-TASKS
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · War · #953413
Trisha and Ryan goes back to her house where her family was killed
TASKS



Ryan and Trisha spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for clothes and furniture. Once her bedroom was finished, the two of them went to the Police station, to a lawyer’s office, and made an appointment with the circuit court to secure guardianship. Trisha looked over at him as he drove through the city.

“How long has it been since you’ve done that?” Trisha asked.

“Done what?”

“Smile like that.”

“About a year.”

“It looks good on you.”

“Trisha, can I ask you a personal question?”

“Sure, you can ask me anything.”

“Why haven’t you cried yet?”

“I’ve cried.”

“Yeah, twice once after your ordeal, and once when you thought I might get hurt.”

“I cried most of last night, it hurts.”

“You know, if you ever have to wake me up to talk, I want you to.”

“Alright, I will… where do they make men like you?”

“Fort Benning, Georgia. Trisha, I’m just kidding, you had a man like that in your life, it’s called a dad, in most cases.”

Trisha laid her head on his shoulder as they drove to her house.

“Are you going to be able to handle this?”

“No, but I’m doing it anyway.”

“I thought so, I just mean, I’m very proud of you.”

“Thank you, I kinda needed that.”

They pulled into her neighborhood, Ryan drove into a cul-de-sac as Trisha saw her house, it had yellow Police tape around the whole burnt out skeleton that was left of it and she just broke down. Ryan held her, for a very long time, and the trauma and shock of the last couple of days spilled out, right there.
Ryan wanted to take her away from all of that pain, however, that was a decision that she had to make. Early that afternoon the Police tried to get her to identify the burnt bodies of her family, but Ryan would not let her. The forensic pathologist said it would not be necessary to identify her mother and little brother if she provided a DNA sample. The mitochondrial DNA passed from the mother to her children would be enough. Ryan would only let her identify her father from his ring and the burnt contents of his wallet. They also did a standard DNA comparison between her and her father; it came back positive.

Ryan handled all of the funeral arrangements for her family, paying for it himself. The funeral was set in two days. Ryan pulled out a box of Kleenex and handed it to Trisha.

“Thank you…I just need some more time.”

“I’m not in any hurry.”

“Ryan, I’m ready, but will you come with me?”

“Of course,” Ryan helped her out of the truck and held her hand as they walked around the house.

There was nothing left, it was a shell, completely burnt out down to the foundation. Trisha stopped and kneeled down and picked up a toy truck. “Why? He was just a baby. He used to love watching cartoons and cuddling with me.”

“I know, Trisha, I know it hurts.”

Trisha put the truck under her arm, “There’s nothing left, Ryan, let’s just go home.”

Ryan led her by the hand, and helped her into the truck. Trisha lay on his shoulder the whole way home. Then hey both sat on the couch.

“Trisha, there are something’s that we need to talk about, only if you want to.”

“What is it?”

“Well, I opened a bank account for you today, because it seems that your Father took good care of you.”
“I don’t understand.”

“Your Father had life insurance policies on all of you, and home insurance.”

“How much?”

“The life insurance claims on your father, mother, and brother along with the home insurance equals a little over three-hundred thousand dollars.”

Trisha’s expression did not change, “Can you take care of that, for me?”

“Sure, but that brings me to the other thing that we have to talk about.”

“What thing?” Trisha asked as she pulled a blanket tightly around her, while still holding onto the truck.

“I don’t think we are done answering questions, I don’t think they’re buying the fact that I just happened to drive by and pick you up while your family was murdered.”

“Well, I wouldn’t worry to much about it, if there are Vampires, Werewolves and whatever else in this city. I’m a teenager and if they don’t know what’s going on here, then the cops in this city are pretty frekin stupid!”

Ryan just laughed as he went into the kitchen to start dinner, “Hey what do you want for dinner?”

“I don’t know, surprise me.”

“Hey, what about stuffed green peppers?”

“That sounds good. Ryan, what are we doing tonight?”

“Well, I’m going on patrol and you’re going to take it easy.”

“Alright, hear me out, you said that you want me safe, and that you wanted my training to start with distance weapons. So what’s wrong with me and you sitting on top of a mausoleum and blowing some of these bastards to hell?”

“Trisha, I want you to try and stop cussing, it’s not very lady like.”

“O.K., Ryan, stop trying to change the subject.”
“Well, alright, this is the deal, the only deal, we go to a cemetery of my choice, far away from Cuyahoga or Rocky River Reservation, and you can take out a first riser.”

“Ryan, what’s a first riser, and why don’t you want me near those parks?”

“A first riser is a rookie vamp, and you’re not going up against a werewolf, yet.”

“Oh…good idea.”
© Copyright 2005 Kevin82 (kevin82 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/953413-CHAPTER--13-TASKS