*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/956143-Testimony
by Deeber
Rated: E · Essay · Inspirational · #956143
Finding my purpose
After having read the book, A Purpose Driven Life, it has caused me to examine my own life, and the purposes God has for me. I know the five reasons we are here, for I learned them in our Purpose Driven 40 Days Campaign at our church and in our small groups. That is to worship the Lord, not only with song and prayer on Sunday, but with our lives and how people see us live it. We were formed for God's family.That is fellowship with other Christians and loving them like family members, getting to know them and helping each other, as God would want us to. We were made to become like Christ, never being gods ourselves, but striving to be as much like Jesus as we can be , with His help, showing non-Christians that we love each other and making them hungry to be a part of our "family". We each have a ministry, which consists of our interests and gifts. Our abilities and passions. These are the areas in which we are to serve in our church. Mine is being in the praise team, encouraging others with cards and letters, articles in the newsletter, taking meals to those unable to make their own due to health issues, helping with funeral dinners, child care, and anything I can do to lift and support my brothers and sisters in Christ. The fifth purpose for which we are created is evangelism, which merely means, we are to tell others about Jesus and how He died for us and wants us to live for Him.
I thank God that He loves me. I am thankful that Jesus died for my sins, and am grateful for the opportunity to express my appreciation by trying to live a holy and santified life for Him. I accept Him as my personal Lord and Savior, and I welcome Him to guide me, as I live here briefly, telling others how much He cares for them too.
© Copyright 2005 Deeber (lacydee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/956143-Testimony