*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/956759-Amania
Rated: E · Novella · Fantasy · #956759
Maddie is just a normal girl, who's just got wrapped up in the biggest adventure yet!
Amania
Chapter One


Maddie stared at her parents, perplexed with horror and disbelief, no? How? When? All these thoughts were tumbling around her mind like a ship being tossed at sea in a raging storm. “Y-you’re joking aren’t you? Aren’t you Dad?” Maddie asked as if saying it could make it untrue. “No Mads, I’m not joking this time.” Her father answered. Maddie couldn’t believe it, she wouldn’t believe it, she turned and: sprinted upstairs to the attic into her room; slammed and locked her bedroom door shut; collapsed onto her bed and cried herself to sleep.

During the night Maddie tossed and turned, unable to do anything apart from think about the event that had happened the night before…
Maddie was half-way through a long-division question from her Math’s homework when her Mother had called her. “MADDIE!” She bellowed up the staircase to the attic.
“What?” Maddie bellowed back.
“Your Father and I want to talk to you downstairs!” Her Mother yelled. Maddie, (Hoping it was something to do with report money.) abandoned her long-division question and bounded downstairs but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw her parent’s faces. They weren’t smiling. Unlike most parents would be before handing money over to an ecstatic child. They looked serious, stern even, as if they were about to scold a naughty child instead of rewarding a good one. "What's up Mum?" Maddie asked nervously, praying that her report hadn't been that bad. "Y-your Mother and I..." Her father began hesitantly. "are-getting a divorce." The same felling of horror washed over Maddie, it was too realistic for her to bear and she woke up from her restless slumber, sweating and shaking.

End of Chapter One


© Copyright 2005 Christianah (christianah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/956759-Amania