*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/957680-Love-Beyond-Reason
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #957680
Bastian and Edana are deeply in love - beyond reason.
Featured in the Romance/Love Newsletter 30 JAN 2013

Edana went to bed that evening, exhausted. Averal was now eight months and was quite a handful. She wanted to crawl everywhere and explore every nook and cranny of her new world. If she was held for too long, she would begin to fuss. She’d huff and puff as if she was pouting, and Edana would have to let the baby down from her arms to explore. All business she was working on would have to stop so her precious Averal could satisfy her curiosity. Edana didn’t mind. Nothing warmed Edana’s heart more than watching her inquisitive daughter roam about, smiling and giggling. In her dream, she held Averal close to her breast as she walked down to the meadow, expecting to find her lover, Bastian.

“Edana?”

She turned quickly, surprised to find her father standing next to a tall, rugged oak tree, his arms crossed, and his malachite eyes dancing with delight at the sight of her and her baby. He looked young and vital.

“Father?”

“Show me your daughter, Edana.” Her father thickly commanded.

“She is Bastian’s.”

Amery Rambert’s eyes narrowed. “The Beast.”

“I love him,” Edana staunchly defended.

“Um,” said Amery quietly, “I am not here to pass judgment.”

“I see the disappointment in your eyes, Father,” said Edana as she hesitantly approached him.

“You were my only heir, Edana. Ragnarock has always belonged to the Ramberts.”

“It still does. Mila is there with Rathe.”

“He is Nash. Only you can give Ragnarock what it needs – a strong King to rule over it,” Amery said, moving his strong, lithe legs to approach his daughter. He looked down at Averal with pride.

“Mila…”

“Don’t you want a son, Edana?” Amery’s words cut the air between them. Edana drew in a sharp breath and suddenly found a small, three year old at Amery’s knee.

“I named him Edgar,” Amery said quietly. The tall grass rustled in the wind.

Edana swallowed in fear! The child she’d miscarried was a beautiful boy with darling black curls like hers in this spirit world.

“Edgar!” She cried loudly. She sat up in her bed; sweat beading on her brow, as her own thick raven colored hair fell past her shoulders. She gasped for breath, and then felt the strong protective hand of her husband clasp onto her shoulder.

“Edana, it’s Bastian. Are you all right?”

She turned to face him, swallowing as she nodded her head. The knot in her stomach relaxed and she brought her hands to her stomach to help settle her nerves. Her father looked so alive! He was delighted to see Averal, but surely he knew she could not give him what he wanted. Not this time. This time she had followed her heart. She had no further duties to Ragnarock.

Bastian got up and walked to the basin, retrieving a damp cloth to wipe his wife’s brow. He sat down, naked, on the edge of their bed and gently wiped Edana’s face.

“Bad dream?” He prompted.

Edana’s dark eyes darted over the formidable physique of her husband. His muscles were deeply cut and well defined. His chest jutted out over his abdomen, glowing a dull bronze as the moonlight came through their window. His golden hair fell in waves past his shoulders. Bastian’s warm hazel-amber eyes betrayed his concern. His rugged handsome looks easily affected her, helping to calm her down.

“Not a bad dream,” Edana quietly began, “But an unsettling one.”

“Unsettling, Eh?” Bastian playfully teased, “Who was Edgar? Was he an undesired suitor I had to fend off?”

“Edgar was a three-year-old at the knee of my father,” Edana began, drawing in a breath for courage as she paused. Bastian raised a curious eyebrow.

“My father was watching over him. He was the child I miscarried.” Her voice wavered and she hung her head.

His fingers were cool and smooth as they snaked their way around her chin and forced her to look at him.

“Do you have this dream often, Edana?” Bastian’s voice was a velvet murmur filled with concern. He would suppose she didn’t, since her reaction was so palatable, but he couldn’t be sure. Something was bothering her though, and he hoped to get to the heart of the matter.

“No. No, I don’t,” she replied, relaxing a little in Bastian’s presence.

He wrapped his bare arm around her waist and squeezed her affectionately. Then he pulled her into his warm, rugged body, resting her head over his heart as his fingers began to comb the thick, luscious mane of her hair.

“I never wanted that to happen to you, Edana. Since the first day I knew I was in love with you, I wanted you to be the mother of my children.”

“Bastian,” her voice trembled.

“Let me finish, Edana,” he continued, holding her tight, “You’ve given me a daughter I will love and cherish until the day I die.”

“Bastian, I would give you a whole brood of children if I could,” Edana choked. She was suddenly chilled and Bastian slid underneath the covers, warming her with his powerful and well-proportioned body.

“I love you,” he silkily purred, as his lips teased the sensitive skin of her soft neck.

“Bastian,” she whispered in a low voice, as his soft, drugging kisses had their desired effect. Her body began to erotically react to him, melting into the hard curves of his muscles, needing to be close to him.

Reluctantly, Bastian pulled away with a devilish twinkle in his eye. He sat up, straddling Edana. His cock, half-erect, rubbed against the tender flesh of her midriff. He reached out, lacing her fingers with his. “What can I give you, Edana? Would you like another child?”

“Yes,” she admitted.

“Would you like me to give you a boy?” Bastian continued his teasing, his lips growing in a delightful smile, “A boy to look like you as Averal favors me?”

“Yes.”

His lips fell upon her flesh and his teeth sunk into the tender corded muscles of her neck. His fingers squeezed hers tight before sliding out from her grasp. He felt her hands now thrusting through the thick waves of his hair, pressing him into her and Bastian growled as he felt an intense pressure build in his loins – a pressure fueled by the growing thickness of his manhood.

“God, woman, you are so wicked!” He grunted, as he felt her spread her legs, inviting him to taste the honey of her sex.

Bastian drew his lips away from her neck and began trailing his tongue over her collarbone, desiring to find the tender flesh of her breast. He felt her fingers reach up and cup his cheeks so they met eye to eye.

“More than anything in this world, Bastian, I want your son inside me,” Edana throatily whispered.

“I will put him there tonight, woman.”

Edana writhed underneath her eager lover as his hand snaked its way between their bodies and found her exotic mound of sable curls waiting for him. He groaned loudly into the night air as his mouth overtook her breasts, his tongue laving deep, round circles around her areola, hardening it with ragged intensity.

Edana’s hands clutched the sheets. Her body could barely endure the scorching, sensuous assault of Bastian’s tongue.

His fingers delved into her sex, moist and wet for him. There was nothing he enjoyed more than making his beautiful wife buck her hips from the furious, deep pumping of his fingers.

“Edana, Edana…” he purred, “How moist you are. How ready you are for me.”

“Bastian, God!” She panted, her body squirming beneath him. She felt a sudden intense pleasure begin to grow and deepen in the soft folds of her nether lips. It pulsed hard through her limbs as the waves of her climax washed over her. Her pleasure was pure and explosive, as she loudly cried his name into the night air of their bedroom.

Pleased, Bastian sat up, his breathing ragged as he withdrew his fingers.

Edana’s body quivered as she got up on her elbows, the flames of passion burning bright in her eyes. “I need you inside me, Bastian.”

His riveting gaze rested on her lips as he took his fingers and gently suckled the cream of her sex from them. Her heart jolted at the sensual picture her lover painted before her.

“Ride me, woman,” Bastian commanded.

Quickly they moved. Bastian leaned against the majestic headboard, which crowned their bed, and Edana marveled at the magnificent muscles, which adorned her husband. She got on her knees, between his inner thighs, and clutched at the steely shaft proudly jutting forth between them. Her thumb rubbed the creamy beads of his pre-cum seeping from his mushroom tip and she wickedly imitated Bastian by putting her thumb into her mouth and tasting him.

“Edana,” he coaxed, “I ache, woman. I ache to spill my seed inside you and give you want you want.”

Edana could wait no more. With action that brooked no further foreplay, she took her man deep into the folds of her sex in one swift motion.

Bastian sat up and placed his hands on Edana’s firm buttocks, their mouths melting into a searing hot kiss as his hard chest rubbed against the soft flesh of his wife’s breast. He felt so alive, so connected to her. Never did two hearts beat in time or in rhythm as theirs. He ran his hands up Edana’s back and she arched into his arms. His lips teased the hard, distended nipples of her breasts as they jutted out toward him like two points of lights.

“Edana, God! I love you, woman,” his husky voice purred into the night.

Her hands slid from his shoulders, down over the hard, bulging muscles of his arms, until he removed his fingers from her back. She laced their fingers together in a tight grip, their eyes meeting for a brief intense second.

“I love you, Bastian.”

“Argh!” His growl ripped between them as he shoved his hips and shaft furiously deep into her flesh. His climax exploded in a downpour of fiery sensation over the opening of her womb.

Their voices intermingled and Edana collapsed onto the chest of her lover. His arms wrapped around her waist, as tiny bursts of his seed continued to spurt inside of her.

Bastian held her tight as pulses of pleasure throbbed throughout his body. He imagined a young boy, with his wife’s dark eyes, her thick, wavy hair and took in a deep emotional breath. Their blood would mix for a second time, further carrying on their legacy of love.

“Edana, love,” Bastian’s deep timbred voice purred as he lightly clung to her, his hand running over her hair, “If our children ever ask, I want them to know they were conceived in love.”

“They will know, Bastian,” her voice trembled, as her fingertips lightly raked over his arm, “They will know.

*****************

Edana walked through the gardens of the castle, enjoying the fresh scent of the opening flowers. She had missed two courses and the healer had just confirmed her suspicions – she was pregnant. She couldn’t wait to tell Bastian. Maybe tonight at dinner, she pondered. Rathe and Mila were visiting. Their son Miles was now two, and Mila was just starting to show with her second child.

She reached over, plucked a tulip from the ground and admired it. She felt a range of emotions; probably the effect of mood swings brought by the baby. She was thrilled to think she was pregnant with Bastian’s child again, but did she look foolish, having children younger than the children her daughter Mila was having? She sighed as she twirled the tulip in her hand. Our love is beyond reason.

She had wanted Bastian from the moment she saw him. Tall, rugged, powerful, he was a man who commanded authority. Fierce, protective, passionate, he made her feel special – like no other woman in the world. She couldn’t be happier that they had found their way to each other. Still, they had wasted years because of their pride, arrogance, and obligations to duty.

The light summer wind wrapped around her, blowing her mane of thick curls into the air. Edana titled her head up toward the warm rays of the sun, as her hands slid down her body and came to rest over that spot her child would grow.

She was stunned to feel arms wrap around her. Initially she wanted to protest, but she when she detected the musky scent of her lover and husband, she purred his embrace. Bastian put his large, thick hands over hers and whispered into her ear.

“Do you have something to tell me, Wife?”

“I love you?” She lightheartedly giggled.

“I know. Something else? Is my baby inside you?”

She hesitated.

“If not, we can try again tonight,” he prompted, as his lips brushed against her ears.

Edana giggled as she turned to face him, “Our baby is inside me.”

Bastian’s lips ravished hers as they basked in their joy. From a window overlooking the gardens, Rathe and Mila turned away to afford their parents some privacy.

“She is expecting?” Rathe asked, as he lunged for his shirt, resting on the dresser.

Mila, all ready dressed, took the shirt from him, and held it up for him as he slid his arms into it.

“Yes. Isn’t it wonderful how our parents have found love?” Mila asked in a low, almost seductive tone of voice.

“I am happy for my father, but…”

“But, what?” Mila asked as she walked in front of her tall, strong husband and began buttoning his shirt.

He smiled a hesitant smile at her, “It’s nothing, Mila. Nothing. I hope this child brings them much joy.” He said, dismissively waving his hand.

She said nothing else, finishing the task at hand, oblivious to the slight wrinkles on her husband’s brow.

He knew his father loved him. His father was more than a parent, he was a friend, a confidante, a rogue that encouraged the imp inside of him. Bastian was a role model as a King, and Rathe prayed as he followed his father’s example as High Prince of Ragnarock, he did as fine a job as his father running a kingdom. Only some tiny part in the back of his mind, told him this child would challenge him for his father’s affections.

Rathe stifled his sudden wave of jealously, and smiled at his wife as she neatly tucked his shirt into his pants and softly kissed his lips.

THE END.<p>
© Copyright 2005 StephBee - House Targaryen (sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/957680-Love-Beyond-Reason