*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/958761-Magic-Mayhem
by Paige
Rated: E · Novel · Sci-fi · #958761
I've finally written enough to post my novel on here so plz R&R no negative comments!
“We’re moving.”
How would you like it if your parents told you that on your birthday? Not good, right? Then you know how Brianne Crescent felt when it happened to her.
Brianne had moved 7 times in the past year. You’d think that moving around so much, you’d get used to it. But you can never get used to not having any permanent friends.
Brianne has tried to keep in touch with people, but when you move 1000 miles away from someone, it’s kind of hard.
“How could you do this to m-me? I-I hate you both!” and with that, she ran to her bathroom to wipe the salty tears from her hazel eyes.
“Why couldn’t I have b-b-been born in a different family! I hate this! I hate them! I want to live a normal life! I want to have friends I can talk to throughout the years! I want to be able to go to high school, instead of tutoring! I want to go to a school dance! I want to be able to live somewhere for more than 3 months!”
Poor Brianne Sat on her bathtub and wiped her tears. She was so upset, she had come up with a plan to run away. A plan…
That might have worked… if not for the dream she had had that night.
“I want you to move with your parents to Florida…” The woman said in a dreamy, whispering voice. It was foggy, and all Brianne could make of the woman was a long, silky white gown and blonde hair. “…you need to live your destiny, and moving to Florida will lead you down that path”
“Wh-who are you?” Brianne asked, nervous to find out who.
“I am someone you know all too well, and not at all…”

“Okay,” Brianne replied, slumping and putting her hands on her hips, “I’m not into that Yoda-speaking thing just so you know, so can you cut to the chase? You’re burning up my dream time. This is the only place I can lead a perfect life.”

“Living a perfect life doesn’t make you perfect, nor is it perfect. But that’s not my point. Listen to me, child. I want you to move with your parents. Your destiny lies there.”

“You’ve already said that.”

“Oh, right. Well, Try to make friends and go along with them. They will lead you towards the right path.”

Brianne Woke up with a fright. Thinking back, she remembered her parents telling her that they were moving. She looked out the window and saw it was the crack of dawn so she got dressed and went downstairs with a sigh to help her parents to pack.
* * *
“So, how do you like this house, Brianne?” Brianne’s mother asked her once they had gotten to Tampa, Florida.

“It’s…um… it’s interesting…” Was her reply.

In fact, it was more than interesting to her. It was the best house she’d seen in ages. Her parents actually pulled off reaching Brianne’s ridiculous demands for a house. 5 rooms, a tower, 3 stories, having her room purple, all toped off by only costing $200,000. Her parents had found that, and so much more.

“Okay, mom, I’m taking the trash out now!” A mysterious girl’s voice said. It sounded low and tired. Brianne looked over and saw a girl about her age with brown, earthy hair down to her shoulders and green eyes. She was about as tall as Brianne. What drew Brianne’s attention to her was the strange scar on her forehead. It looked like three streaks of silver burns on her head.

Brianne said to her parents quickly, “Okay this house is fine I gotta go okay bye!” and ran to meet her new neighbor.
“Hi, I’m your new neighbor, Brianne,” She said to the girl when she caught up with her.
“Well, it’s about time someone moved into that haunted house. I’m Katie,” and she dropped the trash into the trash can and shook Brianne’s hand. “Pleased to meet you.”

”Likewise,” Was Brianne’s reply, “What do you mean, haunted?”

“Well, that house hasn’t had someone living in it for 10 years, and it’s supposedly a home for ghosts. Of course, I’ve never seen any, but… well, it’s probably just some myth. Anyway, what school are you going to?”

“I don’t remember… the real estate agent said it was in district with… erm… it starts with a ‘T’…”

“Is it… Tirana Middle?”

“Yes! That’s it!” Brianne said, snapping her fingers.

“I go there too!”

“Cool! I’m in all the advanced classes. Are you?”

“No… actually I’m in the regular classes… I never really pay attention.”

“Oh… well that’s okay. So, I have to unpack, but you’re welcome to help!”

“I have nothing better to do! Let’s go!”

Brianne had a really great time unpacking with Katie.
© Copyright 2005 Paige (paigeorose92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/958761-Magic-Mayhem