*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/959898-The-Music-Holds-a-Romance-all-its-Own
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Music · #959898
about the joys of playing music



Perfectly poised, ready to play, you look at me, waiting for the cue to start. And as our eyes meet, for that second we are connected. Two people, waiting expectantly, sharing a love and a passion for the music that we are about to perform.
I breathe.

As we play, our lines interchanging and connecting, spiraling up and out, and into each other, I feel my soul start to lift, and joy, oh! Joy!!! For it feels as though I, too have become a part of the music. I am light, weightless; all that matters now is to keep up and intensify this feeling of incredible joy and happiness.
Our gazes lock.

Under the spellbinding intensity of the music, our souls meld. We become two spirits, sharing a soul whose very core is the music which we breathe in and live- in, for, and because of.
The piece ends.

Lifting gently, our bows from the strings, we look at each other. Peace, finally. The resolve after the fight, the calm after the storm. And slowly, like a radio being turned on, the world comes back to life around us. You smile, and later, when I think back on it, I will regret only that we had not more time together, for imagine the beauty we could experience, had we a romance in the style of our music.
© Copyright 2005 Estrella (dreamgirl3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/959898-The-Music-Holds-a-Romance-all-its-Own