*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/960974-Happy-Halloween
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #960974
A short spooky story that was ceated for a contest


Its Halloween night and you are on your way home after a successful night of trick or treating. Your friends have long departed to their own homes to relax and enjoy their nights work. You are left to walk the rest of the way alone. You reach the gate of this park only blocks from your house. You've been meaning to check out but it kept getting put off.

Rusted and creaking the gate leading into the park blows open as if calling for someone to enter and stroll down its dark paths. Why not you think, its a nice moonlit night and you have plenty of time to kill.
Summer being over. But the cold frost of winter did'nt arrive yet. The night air is heavy with things to come. A stray autumn breeze gently stirs the leaves of the nearby trees.
The path you are walking on leads you to a wall with trees gently swaying behind it. You turn a corner to get a better view of whats behind as if drawn like a magnet.

As you stand there beneath the trees you hear the branches rustling louder above you as if trying to warn you of something. You look up and see a canopy of dark leafy arms waving to you and behind them the full moon as it peaks through them to get a better look at what may be sneaking up on you.

Suddenly a throaty growl comes from somewhere. You start franticly looking around to try and find what direction, hoping it would come again so you would know. And praying it does'nt because then it would of been just your imagination running wild. And then it happens the growl comes again. This time much louder and from behind. Disbelieving you turn quickly only to meet a dark furry shadow as it leaps at you. The slash of long canine teeth, and the stench of the hot, foul breath squelches your scream before it leaves your throat.

There is not enough time to react. Running or fighting is not an option for the force of the attack throws you back onto the moist, leafy ground. The weight of the creature pins you down as it starts to feed. Laying there powerless you feel the pain race through your body as it tears and rips at your flesh. You see the moon retreat back behind the branches as if not wanting to bear witness to the hideous site below. Your vision starts to fade slowly and the last thing you hear is the horrible smacking sound of your blood being lapped up by the creature.

© Copyright 2005 silverunicorn (silverunicorn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/960974-Happy-Halloween