*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/961529-Is-friendship-worth-it
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #961529
Will you abandon your friendship for being a bad omen?
As I stand by her, teasing and taunting her every move, my eyes fill with the happiness they had forgotten the taste of. My life once again filled with joy by the light of innocence Sam reflected into my life. I often think, what would have happened if she were not in my life? Would my existence have vanished into the façade I had created myself or would it have been torn to pieces by the beasts that lay disguised beside me. But every time I see those deep brown eyes, my worries just float away in the wind. Those keys, unlocked every nook and corner of this hollow soul and filled it with the joy and happiness, this cadaver had thirsted for decades. Never has my heart ever felt so light for now I have someone who knows the kind of respect I have for her and understands the kind of affection that I show. For once in my life I have not chased a shadow and found true solace amidst this naïve woman that I call “sam”.
If it is by coincidence that she is here, I believe my luck has given me all I desired and if it is by fate she is here I bow down to nature for its gift in the form of this pure angel. But I do not deserve anyone as I see her taking to the dark side, as now the chapters of pain have begun to unfold in her life. I am a bad omen to her and though she might neglect that I believe I know the truth. For never have I ever been able to say it but I want her to know that it is her smile that matters the most, not what others think or what they tend to do, not even me. It is high time she stepped into the world where she becomes more selfish then selfless, for it is because of people like them that the world is a better place and their lives are a disaster for in trying to make other people happy they have forgotten their own identity.
In the end only one thought comes to mind and to put it into perspective I would like to say “sam! You are the nicest person I have been acquainted with. Your innocence has drawn several people close to you ;but beware of people like me because our hearts have remained to much on the dark side and we suck the happiness out of people, as I see is happening to you…and I believe it is time for me to step away….but I fear to be blamed of betrayal……and I am not a traitor at least where friendship is concerned”!

© Copyright 2005 Night Hawk (skyhigh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/961529-Is-friendship-worth-it