*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962011-Prodigal-Son-Alternate-Endings
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #962011
A school project; 2 alternate endings for Prodigal Son wich can be found in Luke 15:11-32
Alternate Ending 1


It had been nearly two years since father had killed that fatted calf in celebration for the return of the unfaithful one. He never realized that he had killed my love for him with it. Nothing he would do or say could stay my resentment towards him. I’d been working my whole life there without a drop of respect or gratitude! Where was my inheritance? Where was my reward? The sluggard had spent all of his unearned money with riotous living and when he comes back, he’s greeted with a party! I was much happier when I thought he was dead.

I couldn’t go on being put in second place like this, and now the unfaithful one was asking for a second unearned inheritance. It was under these circumstances that we both approached father one autumn morning; me looking for redemption, and him asking for money. I had hardly started to speak when father interrupted.

“I’ve had enough of this!” he said. He was getting old and irritable, but he was just as strong-minded as ever. “I grow weary of you two coming to me with all your problems, as though they were mine! Can’t you see that your quarrel is with each other and not with me? Leave my presence now and do not come back until you have ended this foolishness.”

So we did. And I am still around to tell about it.

Alternate Ending 2


It had been nearly two years since father had accepted me back into his household. From that time forth I was forced to endure endless strife from my older brother. But not a day had passed after the celebrations when I was forced to work hard for respect. I just wished things could be the way they were before my foolish departure. I could tell that things wouldn’t ever be the same. Not in the foreseeable future, anyway.

As I struggled to wipe clean the things that lay behind me guilt and shame swept over me again. I didn’t belong there. I didn’t want to spend the rest of my life contending with my brother.

After much time and thought, I had reached my verdict, and said to father:

“I am leaving you again, but this time I won’t need to come back. I’ve learned my lesson, and am not fit to dwell in thine house any longer.”
© Copyright 2005 ThecoliN (thecolin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962011-Prodigal-Son-Alternate-Endings