*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962956-My-Dogs-Poem--Picture
Rated: E · Poetry · Animal · #962956
HONORABLE MENTION In Contest 2005. Tribute to my dog who dog who died.
"SUNSHINE IN OUR HEARTS"


Tribute To Our Dog Sunshine

"Turned My Darkest Shadows Into Sunshine"

"Best Dog And Faithful Friend You Were Mine"


You were the Sunshine of our hearts. Turned our good times into Sunshine days and turned our darkest times filled with shadows into Sunshine times. Our lives then were Sunshine and no more shadows. You were a cute and faithful friend. Bounced and rolled into our lives as a fluffy, tiny ball of fur. You ran, frolicked, jumped into our arms, and curled up, snuggled up, and cuddled up to us, squealing with delight. You were midnight black, with pure white on your head, between your ears, on your nose, the tip of your wagging tail and all four stockinged feet. As you grew throughout the years, you entertained us all with your hilarious antics; a fun and funny, gentle, lovable character with a dynamic personality. You were enchanting with your big, soft, puppy dog brown eyes; you were beguiling, mischievous in a good way, loved guests, babies, children, adults, became easily excited, easy to please; any time we began anything new to do with you, treat you with gifts and special food and such, from then on you thought that was the way it had to be. At other times, you made up new games yourself to do and play; you were ever full of surprises. By far the best dog and most faithful friend we ever had. I am so happy to know you were mine. Always ready to protect and defend us. Ready at evenings to lie down adoringly at our feet, in our warm and cozy home.

Then just as suddenly, as you appeared in our lives, you disappeared. Now our home and yard are much too quiet; without you there is an eerie silence. You were basically quiet, but we were so accustomed for so many years, hearing your voice; we talked to you incessantly, petted you, let you in and out, played with you, spoiled you; you were like our little baby, as we paid constant attention to you. Now we look for you but can not see or hear you any more; we imagine an apparition but to no avail. You are no where to be found with our eyes and ears and touch. All of your family loved you with the greatest love; and we all know that you loved your family with all the love you had in your heart. You had grown over the years, from a pretty young girl into an older lady but still beautiful, beseeching us. You were by far our best dog and most faithful friend until the very end. You are gone from all of our lives forever more. We all will treasure our dearest, deepest, fondest memories of you. Rest in peace our beloved pet. Our good times of Sunshine days have now turned into our darkest times, filled with shadows. Our lives are no more Sunshine days, yet you will forever more be the Sunshine in our hearts.

Copyright 2004

WON HONORABLE MENTION

Roobear's All Animal Contest 2005
Now she is a former member


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **











© Copyright 2005 Shy Poet (shy-poet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/962956-My-Dogs-Poem--Picture