*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/963588-Stargazing
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Romance/Love · #963588
A rather zany couple watches the stars together.
         "Almost there, I swear!" a male voice chuckled, his voice just barely above a whisper.
         "That's what you said fifteen minutes ago, and yet I note that we are apparently still not 'there'." a female voice replied wryly, a hint of a smile on her lips. Her blue-gray eyes danced with mischief and laughter and her brown, curly hair blew about her face, caressed by a light summer breeze.
         Her male companion playfully glared at her with laughing green eyes and pulled her in for a quick kiss before stopping in the middle of a clearing.
         "Nice though that was, don't think I'm forgetting that you got us lost." she teased.
         "...Brat..." he replied, a long-suffering expression on his face.
         The man spread a blanket on the grass and sat, opening his arms to the woman. Still laughing under her breath, she snuggled down next to him, her head on his shoulder.
         "So, Oh Wise and Powerful One, why is 'here' so important and what are we looking for?" the woman asked, tilting her head up to look at the man. He chuckled softly, tightening his hold on her.
         "Hold your tongue, wench, and look up." he answered softly. A soft gasp escaped her as she finally looked above her and saw the incredible array of stars glittering against a velvety, black sky. The man dropped a soft kiss on her nose.
         "You're cute when you're speechless. Wish you'd do it more often." he said impishly, watching her eyes shift from wonderment to laughing devilment.
         "Shut it, you. This is by far one of the coolest things you've ever shown me!" she said, again tilting her face to the sky. In that instant, with the moonlight illuminating her awestruck face, the forest making the noises of the night all around them, she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.
         "How about if I say I love you? Can I say that?" he asked quietly. A smile slowly spread across her face as she turned to look at him.
         "Yeah, you can say that. I love you, too...but you STILL got us lost." she replied, a bit of devilment in her sparkling eyes. The man laughed and snapped his fingers.
         "Damn! Here I'd hoped you'd forgotten!"
         "I don't forget anything where you're concerned."
         "Promise?"
         "Promise."
© Copyright 2005 ArtsyGirl (artsygirl179 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/963588-Stargazing