*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/964522-The-Vacation
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #964522
A child's point of view of a family vacation. My entry for the Writer's Cramp.
Day 1
We're leaving for Yellowstone this morning. Mom and dad seem happy, my twin sisters are content, and the dog, Skippy gets to come too! Family vacations are so fun, I'm gonna write down everything that happens every day!

Day 2
I'm bored. Getting there is no fun, and my sisters are getting annoying, the dog is on my lap with his head out the window so his butt is in my face.

Day 3
We're finally there! I couldn't wait to get out of the RV! I loved stretching. Dad's setting up the tents and mom is making lunch. Things are getting good again!

Day 4
My sisters fed a raccoon. They named it Spunky. Mom shooed it away, but I don't think it'll go away, mom is a good cook.

Day 5
The Raccoon came back last night and went through our things. Mom wasn't happy.

Day 6
It keeps coming back! Mom and dad have tried everything to get rid of this raccoon. Dad wants to shoot it, mom says they can't.

Day 7
Spunky came back, this time with a bear! Teh bear poked around our camp and pushed against the Rv a few times then left. Mom and dad decided vacation was over and we drove away.

Day 8
We're halfway home and dad gets a flat tire. He goes to change it. My sisters are suspiciously quiet in the back

Day9
We're home. I was so glad to see my house amd my room. My sisters are real quiet. When mom decided to intervene she finds out my sisters have hijacked Spunky! She tries to tell them that nature has a balance that must be kept. That's when they tell her they left our dog behind as a replacement! Poor Skippy!


Word Count: 1010
© Copyright 2005 Skyaire (chrysanthys at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/964522-The-Vacation