*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/964560-ANY-FOOL-CAN-PAY-RETAIL
Rated: 13+ · Other · Finance · #964560
Financial ponderings and thoughts about saving money. WORK IN PROGRESS!
This work does not purport to offer financial advice. If you need financial advice, you should seek the councel of a qualified professional.

{/}ANY FOOL CAN PAY RETAIL! {/b}

Saving money can be fun, kind of like a hobby. The best part is this hobby doesn't cost you anything, it actually saves you money. The title comes from a phrase my uncle often told me. Any one off the street can walk into a store, purchase an item and pay full price. To walk into the same store and pay less takes a little creativity. This brings up the first rule of deal finding.

{/}FAIR GOES BOTH WAYS{/b}

You're not out to cheat or short change any one, but you don't want to be overcharged or pay extra yourself. You're not out to harm any one or put a store out of business. If you are, stop reading immediately, this article isn't meant for you.
A fair transaction provides benefits to both parties. You are able to purchase something at a reasonably good proce, and the person selling is able to recoup their money to some extent. When either side under or over pays, ome side feels good about the transaction. The other side will feel they have been cheated or shorted.
You goal is to search out low proces for what you need. This brings up the second rule.

{/}OT'S NOT A GOOD DEAL OF YOU DON'T NEED IT! {/b}
Don't buy a greatly marked down item if you will never use it. That $5 Windows 95 cdmight be a bargain, but will you ever use it? Will it end up in your own garage sale next year for $1? Of you never opened the cd, you spent $5 to make $1. You money is not going to last too long if you keep selling for far less than you paid.
© Copyright 2005 WritingTim (networker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/964560-ANY-FOOL-CAN-PAY-RETAIL