*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965557-Twisted
Rated: GC · Short Story · Death · #965557
My attempt at a Grimm story.
         Once upon a time, a hot girl was walking
the streets of the peasant's market. Everyone had bad,
rotten teeth and were very skinny - not enough money to buy the food they were selling. In a family of seven, she'd been the loved one and so she was very fat. All the guys looked at her and wanted to marry her for her family's money. They wanted to ride their own skinny women.
         She was headed to her brother's house. He'd been disowned. He was 16. Being young, he needed sex and no one would marry him, so the closest thing he had was a younger sister.
         She didn't like it. He was rough. But she had no choice, being the only girl in the family.
         As she made her way across town, she eyed the jewelry, wondering how she could ever get any. On the way home, she came up with an idea.
          From the unkown store owner, she became very sick. Her fiance got very sick. Two of her brothers and father also got sick. Irreversibly. Her brother's wife got sick, and their child was born rotting... but alive.
         The family was shunned for withcery. She vowed to get back at the town, but did not know how.
         Her family, now desperate for money, she stripped some of her clothing and wandered around the back alleys looking for takers.
         The epidemic slowly spreawd, but wasn't noticed until the governer caught it.
         Suddenly, there was an explosion of interest in how to get rid of this terrible
disease. The only thing they could come up with was to herd every infested person into a single building.
         So she, her entire family, and half of the town got chucked into the leper's den.
         She lived a wonderful life after meeting her soulmate. The sad thing was, he was so eaten down by leprosy that he couldn't move, and every time she looked at him she had to supress the wave of nausea that hit her. But it was love. She spent all her time in his arms. Not soon after, she also caught leprosy. Finally matching her love, she refused to go anywhere but beside him. She stayed in his arms until he died sometime during some random night. She cried, and cried, for a couple of months. Then she, too, was consumed fully by the bacteria. She died, to join her love wherever death takes them.
© Copyright 2005 Sarah Di (elwing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/965557-Twisted