*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966796-saying-goodbye
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #966796
it's about leavin' school and stepping out into the bigger world!
SAYING GOODBYE…

BY PRIYASHA CORRIE

Its seems so ironic when you’ve spent 16 years of your life and then people tell you that life begins when you pass out of school! Well , if that’s true, oh my gosh!! IT HAS TAKEN QUITE SOME TIME! After all those countless days of getting up early in the mornings, nerve-racking exams, never ending home work, embarrassing punishments…the ups and downs that the years have seen me through, it’s hard to digest the fact that the race is just about to begin and I’ve not yet reached the starting line. This new beginning, however marks the close of an important phase –school life…

School is a place that can be best described as ‘the second home’. It’s where you change from a spoilt brat to a mature individual, from a confused child to a focused person, from a dreamer to person who makes dreams true.And as I move on with my next step I can’t help the realization that what I’ve learnt in school has been much more than the text book lessons. All the while, unknowingly, I’ve learnt so much about being principle-centered, setting goals, taking time off sometimes and helping those less fortunate and most importantly what it means to be ‘me’. In the end, however clichéd I may sound, it is those values that we have in us that matters in life. It has always mattered and always will.

Leaving school will not be easy. As a class 12 student, I have to get used to the feeling that this is the last year I get to do most of the things I’ve been doing for the past 14 years. College may remain pretty much the same. But that’s a different story altogether. I won’t get to wear my school uniform anymore. I won’t be there to catch the school bus. I won’t be passing through the school gates as I always used to. The noisy classroom, the teachers who’ve moulded us, the good friends, the funny games we’ve played, the good times and the bad… I sure will miss all those things.

I still remember the first day of my school when I was scared and alone. But school didn’t turn out to be bad at all. There were frustrating moments but coming to think about it, they’ve helped me in so many ways that I am what I am because of them. And, of course, the good times will always live in my memories…Now again after 14 years I find myself in a similar situation where I’m scared and alone as I have to step into the bigger world and join the rat race. There are so many questions and doubts arising and spinning around my head. But all those years of school have helped me believe in myself and bring out the best in me. It’s been just like a preparation for facing the world- for that BIG race. As the dawn of the new day draws nearer, I am filled with gratitude for all those lovely people who have come my way and helped me grow in so many ways. Why is it so heartbreaking to say ‘goodbye’ to school? I guess the answer clearly stands out. And even though I may not be at school forever , I just know it will live inside of me forever…




© Copyright 2005 PCorrie (priyasha at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/966796-saying-goodbye