*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/968017-The-dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #968017
a simple story that was a recurring dream i once had.
The ghostly figure of a woman he could almost recognized strode in front him down what seemed endless twists and turns in hallways rusted with time they felt familiar to him like he had been here before but he could not have. He had felt all his life dawn to this place always a nagging feeling that something was not quite right. They came to an elevator he shifted the scabbard of his sward the technology of the ancient ones was forbidden to use, he stopped just in front of old world device the ghostly woman stood waving for him to enter, he did cautiously.

Taking a step on the old freight elevator he heard a grinding noise stepping forward the old steel doors slid shut letting ouch a metallic screech as they did so. To his right was a panel that came to life a display of the buildings levels was shown in a dull blue, in front of him was bullet hundreds of holes and a large damaged section wrought by what could be a grenade. Looking at it for a minute he tentatively placed his index finger on the bottom of the pad shown to be deep under ground. His silver eyes turned to the ghost taking his hand placed his finger harder on the bottom of the pad it lit up and the elevator began to move down the ghost clutched his hand tightly he looked at her and felt noting but compassion for her why she wonted him down here hi did not know.

The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened revealing a long corridor dimly lit but a few scattered lights, he had noticed now that the ghost had left him, he walked out and noticed that there were body’s lining the whole corridor. Naught but bones and plastic body armor were all that remained, the suites were decorated with biochemical symbols and a strange red triangle with a fist in the center, the bodies were ripped in half the walls here were made from a gray material bullet holes littered the walls and so did splashes of ancient blood now dried black lay in pools under every body some dismembered buy what had to be a sward.

He walked down the hall seeing hasty barricades of tables had been formed still that did not denture whatever beast they were trying to stop. He came to open area where the most bodies he had ever seen in his life lay around like children’s toys, all ripped and shredded apart, at the back of the room a massive blast door stood half off its hinges wide open about his height was a huge gouge caused by a hand human hand. He walked inside he saw scientific equipment scattered around as well as dead scientists in their HAZMAT (hazardous materials) suites. He walked further coming to another door thrown to the side, all of this struck him as familiar, he walked inside his eyes widened at the sight of a massive crystal easily forty feet tall and seven foot wide a green tinge to it. The top and bottom were holed into the ceiling and floor by machinery, a catwalk path lead from where he was standing at the door all the way around with computer terminals all around this cylindrical room to his right a ramp rose to the center of the crystal which had machinery around it and what looked an opening facing the ramp. He walked around the crystal his heart jumping at every one of his steps.

Coming to the ramp he saw the woman she was nude and imbedded in the crystal, he walked closer he noticed the skeletons of two man sprawled out on the deck and one had shoved a large piece of metal through the other, the one with the metal clutched in its hands was missing the center of its chest, he stepped around them and looked up at the face of the woman that had been in his dreams, She had blue hair and a red jewel in the center of her head a twin to his blue jewel and even in the same spot, she was curled into a ball. It was then that he noticed that she looked like the ghost that had been haunting him since he was but a child. He reached forward and touched the crystal and felt it pulse with life he walked closer and pressed his face to the warm crystal feeling very much complete. Turning he saw a screen tapping on it once it came to life displaying a diagram he didn’t understand hitting a random button a large holographic window came up in front of him.

He watched as the movie played it showed the man tall and brown haired running at the men in the hall with a broken piece of metal, they fired but hit noting or each other he stopped it when he saw the face of the man he zoomed it in, gasping he took a step back it was him. Turning to the crystal he unsheathed his sward slamming it into the thing as hard as he could he saw a cark appear than it spread he stood back as it shattered the woman floated as the crystal had only been like an outer casing she open her eyes they were green she rubbed them and looked at him and squealed with joy jumping into his arms she spoke softly.

“I knew you would come my love” she spoke as she wrapped her arms around him

“W… who are you?” he asked

“I am Shara one of the last Verthun as are you but reborn” she spoke into his ear “we were the last of an ancient race even when this happened four hundred years ago. They stole me away and you came but the president of Rosinbourg corp. managed to killed you” she hugged him tightly “you have no idea how much I missed you”

It all flooded back to him “and I you”

© Copyright 2005 Paradox (paradoxeq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/968017-The-dream