*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/970602-My-Biggest-Mistake-Part-2
Rated: · Short Story · Other · #970602
The second in the series
He turned on the lights, walking to them one by one. Soon, the whole room was lit. It was a small living room with only a few furnishings. There was a door that swung both ways to the kitchen.
My senses focused on the faint aroma of coffee. I didn’t know coffee could be made that fast.
“Sit wherever. Do you want sugar and cream?”
“Sure,” I said, sitting on a colorful futon.
“When my parents died,” he said from the kitchen, “I took up the place. It’s completely paid off but there’s still a lot of work to be done.”
“Interesting.” He was making small talk while poking around in the kitchen. Moments later, he emerged from with two coffee mugs. One was two-toned, gray-purple on the top and tan on the bottom and handle. It was ceramic. Engraved on the front was a bonfire of gray-red. To the sides were four people that appeared to be dancing. They were accompanied by a dog. It was big and rustic looking but I liked the primitive design. The scent drifted its way to my nose as he put it into my hand.
“To us,” he said, raising his mug to mine. The brown liquid sloshed down my throat. I could feel the heat travel down my esophagus and into my stomach.
“God, that’s good.”
“Mmmhmm.” He took a sip and then set his mug on a lamp stand. He sauntered over to the futon and sat beside me. He looked at me with those entrancing eyes and kissed me again. He was gentle like the first time but something was different. I could a feel a power growing behind his lips and tongue. Yes, there was tongue this time. He shoved it into my mouth, invading my boundaries.
“Stop,” I mumbled, pushing him away.
“Why? I like it.” This was not the guy I had spent the past three hours getting to know. He had changed into a monster. He kissed me again, slamming my head back into the futon. His hands were everywhere.
The dizziness hit me like a ton of bricks. I couldn’t focus. The room was spinning. I started to panic. I could still feel his lips crushing down on mine. I tried to scream but his body was on top of me, overpowering my lungs. I had to fight to get air.
Finally, he pulled away. I was so dizzy that he was a blur. I felt his hand, like a vise-grip, around my wrist. He yanked me off the futon with such a force that my entire body hit the floor. His strong hands dragged me down a dark hallway and into an even darker room. He threw me on a bed.
The last thing I heard was the click of a door lock. The last thing I felt was his body smothering me. The last thing I smelled was the bitter stench of coffee.
It has been three years since that night and I still remember every single detail up until I passed out. Thank god I did. Unfortunately, I have changed. It’s hard for me to trust again. All I know now is that will be the biggest mistake I will ever make. It wont happen again. As for him, I understand what he did to me and I can tell you that was the last mistake he ever made.
© Copyright 2005 Destiny (ejw314 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/970602-My-Biggest-Mistake-Part-2