*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/970909-Raining-Cats-and-Dogs-Unfinished
by Hannah
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #970909
What would you do if it really WAS raining Cats and Dogs?

It was a rainy Sunday afternoon. Casey was outside, looking up into the grey sky as the rain came down, her small hands up to catch to the raindrops. They felt like tiny tears, many of them, and she felt her own hot tears mix with the cool rain.

Casey was home alone, but she didn't mind. She hadn't felt like playing with her friends or spending the night at their house since Jenna had been run over by a car last Friday. Her mom had come to pick her up from school (a rarity in its own; she usually had to take the bus, so she was immediately suspicious) and told her that her sweet German Shepherd had been run over. She died before they could get her to a vet's.

Casey, normally a happy little girl of eight, had not laughed or smiled or even talked much since that terrible day. She spent much of her days alone, shut up in her room, looking at pictures of Jenna.

It was raining harder, now, and she was thinking about going inside, when she felt something warm and soft hit her upturned palm. Thinking it was a bug, she almost dropped it. When she peered into her hand, she was startled to see a tiny black Labrador dog curled up, wet and bedraggled in her palm. The little creature was about four inches long, and stood about one inch high. It was soaking wet, thin, and very much alive! It lay down in her hand, and wagged its tiny tail at her.

She felt another warm body hit her other hand, and peered into her hand. This time it was a Siamese cat who stood, shook itself, and yowled at her, its friendly blue eyes peering back at her curiously.




IDEAS
idea: in the bath, cat and dog start fighting, fall in, get bigger?

idea: shrink in the sun? if left out too long, evaporate into a raindrop?

idea: when Casey drops the animals in her hands, do they suddenly start growing?

idea: what/how does she feed them?

idea: takes them to school? what kinds of adventures do they get in at school?

idea: Casey grows out of her grief and smiles more with her 2 furry secrets
© Copyright 2005 Hannah (writer83 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/970909-Raining-Cats-and-Dogs-Unfinished