*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/971895-Crazy-Carnival
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #971895
Watch what happens when I check out an insane carnival and pay dearly...
Chapter 1: The Carnival

It had started on an ordinary day, or on what I had thought was an ordinary day. My parents and I were taking a little family trip to a carnival just outside our area. The carnival was advertised as the best carnival in the world, so we of course decided to go.

Upon arriving, we were greeted with flashing lights, fireworks, and expensive special effects.... and we were only at the ticket booth. Upon actually entering the carnival I was astounded at the number of rides, although many of them bizarre. One of them was a test of skill where you had to step on burning coals with your bare feet and see how long you could stand the heat. My parents and I made sure to avoid that one.

Other rides, like the rocket slide, appeared generally unsafe, but the water rides appeared awesome, one of them catching my interest almost immediately, the aqua bumper cars. That’s right, Aqua Bumper Cars.

In this ride, you would get into these odd cars that seemed to float on water and drive them into your opponents. I slammed on the gas as hard as I could and knocked into some little kids in the corners. Yeah, I know, I’m so bad. My parents, however seemed to decline this challenge, especially after seeing how fast I could go. At the end of the ride, I pulled myself out of the car when something unusual happened. I somehow slipped and landed in the pool, but when I got up, I wasn’t wet, I was instead, sticking with these thin, jello-like light blue substance. My parents ran up to me in concern but I insisted it was nothing as the stuff appeared to shrink away and disappear altogether. When I put my finger back in the pool however, to see what the stuff was, it felt more like cold water now.

Curiously I walked away, headed towards another water park, this one appearing to be your traditional water slide and funnels water park, but I actually wasn't too interested as I looked ahead to the huge thrill rides ahead.

The first of the rides worth checking out was another water themed ride, similar to the Hellevator at Six Flags, in which you are are dropped from an incredible height into a pool of water, then shot out, and dipped back in.

I finally got my dad to go on this one with me as we were taken higher and higher above the park. Not realizing how high this thing went from looking at it, I too began to get scared as the vehicle rises higher and higher into the sky, beginning to wonder... if it ever ended.

Finally, the ride comes to a grinding halt and my heart stops as I glance down and notice the several feet below me that I was about to be dropped. Waiting, for what seemed like forever, I finally feel the ride sputter a little, and let go of us, dropping myself and my dad the hundreds of feet, as I almost feel my entire being being lifted off the earth forever, I close my eyes, suddenly feeling the cold, unforgiving water as we hit the surface at about 80 MPH.

Miraculously we had survived, even my dad who was now soaked. I, however wasn't that soaked, as the water had managed to stick to me all over just as it had on the other ride. Something very eerie was going on....

Eventually I peel more of the blue sticky stuff off my arm, when my parents and I decide to enter this new ride, called the mind twister. So, we strapped into this rainbow colored car of some sort and suddenly felt an odd clank, followed by a rough vibration that thrusted us into a dark colorful room of flashing lights and sound.

It was then I heard a voice.... a voice that seemed to speak to me and only me. A voice that seemed to echo within my own head. It sounded as if it was warning me, and it said:

Bobby....avoid this carnival now....while you still can....it's not what it seems...this whole thing is a twisted experiment....you must get out....

The voice soon fades and becomes incomprehendable as the lights fade and we are taken outside. Baffled, I step out of the car, my parents staring at me oddly.

"What?" I asked "You mean you didn't hear the voice?"

"Oh boy" my mom says in her usual worried tone "I think some of that blue stuff got in your ears...."

I sigh frustrated. Fine, so they wouldn’t believe me, but I KNEW something was going on. Unfortunately I couldn’t reason with my parents to take me home because they'd most likely find me insane, but I had to think of something....
------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2: The RollerCoaster

Ok, so this is basically when it all took a drastic turn, when I put 2 and 2 together and realized, this was no ordinary carnival. What happens to me on that day, will make even you the reader, have to read a second time through to make sure it really happened. I know, it didn't seem possible to me either at first....

But before I get to that part, allow me to go on a little bit more about this place. As I mentioned before it had some of the coolest rides, including a new ride called the Twister, that actually simulated a tornado, how SAFE that was remained to be seen but still, it was a lot of fun, as the passengers would hop on, my dad I and I included.

I braced myself and stared forward in what appeared to be darkness as the cars suddenly began to clank to life, shaking and whirring as they just barely lifted off the ground. What seemed at the time to be a simple campy ride soon turned out to be anything but. Juts as I was beginning to settle into what felt like a kiddy ride, I was shot forward and twisted around. I hung onto the steel bars at my side as I’m almost yanked from my seat, wind whipping at me as I’m thrown back and forth, my dad simply sitting motionless on the seat next to me, also being thrashed around.

After what felt like an eternity of the twisting, the car finally lowers to ground level, the ear shattering winds finally ceasing to whip at my face, as my dad and I stumble off the ride, my mom looking at us for what felt like a long time. Finally, she worriedly gives me a hug of concern.

"Oh my god, are you alright?" she shrieked.

"I'm fine...." I said, somewhat embarrassed by this whole thing "It wasn't THAT bad"

"Man, that ride is WILD" my dad said.

Actually it HAD been pretty intense, one of the more wild rides I had ever been on, but I didn't need my mom knowing that, so I decide to direct my parents and I towards a more tame attraction, the freak show. At the show, we'd see the most unusual freaks there, including a guy with a third eye, a part lizard man and a few other oddities but none of them looked that realistic by any means. The guy's third eye appeared to be plastic or something, and the guys lizard tail was about as real. Overall it was a dissatisfying show and the ring master appeared to have known it as he suddenly shouted out towards all the customers:

"Hey! Don't forget to try out all our new rides!" he shouted out in a gleeful tone, the guy being about 5 feet tall with pointy black hair, really looking more like a cartoon character than a carny, but then again I guess that was how they were supposed to look. Just when my parents and I were finally about to leave for good now, he continues speaking, saying something that just happened to catch my attention.

"And...." he says "Don't forget to ride our wonderful new attraction the GYRO COASTER, a new ride just off the northwest entrance."

That was odd, I thought, I didn't see no coaster coming in and something like the GYROCOASTER was something I would surely remember. I asked my mom for the map and looked it over, all of a sudden a black structure appeared named the Gyro coaster. From the picture it had also appeared to be a massive, unmissable thing, and therefore, one worth checking out. Besides, I hadn't been on a roller coaster all day just yet.

"Are you sure you wanna go on the rollercoasters here?" my mom asks in her usual safety freak way "You don’t know how sturdy the tracks could be here"

"Yeah, I gotta agree with your ma" my dad says, almost chuckling "Some of those other rides didn't even feel like they were physically possible"

Well I had still wanted to go, nonetheless. Something about the particular thing had attracted me, maybe it was the fact that I hadn’t even noticed it, despite it being, apparently the biggest ride there was. Curiously enough, it had seemed that the weather would slowly get worse as my parents and I appeared the threatening Gyrocoaster. I say threatening because when I finally saw it, it looked a lot worse than the picture had portrayed it.

The rollercoaster soon loomed over the horizon, a wooden structure surrounding it, the coaster itself riding on rusted steel tracks. Yeah, I know what you're thinking, not exactly the appearance for new coasters but maybe it was part of the effect or something. I finally convince my parents to let me go on, but they don’t want to have anything to do with it and decide to wait for me outside.

So there I was, standing before it, the massive and towering GyroCoaster. I went through the gate where I was directed to climb the wooden steps, up to the top. Soon after starting the climb, I heard a metallic clank that made my heart stop. The gate had slammed behind me and the man running the gate, seemingly disappeared. In other words, there was no turning back now, and I actually hadn't planned on it, until reaching the 2/3 of the way mark on the twisted wooden staircase.

Besides the ride appearing more and more unsafe as I got closer to it, I noticed once towards the top, how high it was. I was able to look out over the rusted railing and see what appeared to be miles of forestry ahead of me. I gulped as I climbed the one last short staircase up towards the ride, glancing down at the narrow and rusted steel track below as the roller coaster itself returned before me.

I looked down now and saw it, the rusted, somewhat red, somewhat white (the colors were kinda blurred together) rocket shaped car. I nervously got down into it, my feet causing it to shake a little at first, before I was able to settle in and take a deep breath. Despite the coaster being high up, the first drop didn't look too intimidating as it twisted for the most part, making it not so much of a straight drop down, but a wave of fear still spoke to me, literally, as a deep voice echoed in my head once more.

"Don’t do it, fool! Get off"

It hadn't been my common sense though, or even my own head, it was instead reminiscent of the voice I had heard earlier, but by the time I had received the message, I could already feel myself moving. I could look out ahead of me and see my whole world shifting forward, slowly, but surely as the car seemed to just teeter on the first drop before finally sloping down.

Closing my eyes tight I groaned with fear as I was shifted every which way. I opened my eyes and gasped. Everything was dark, I had been lost in some kind of abyss, an inescapable prison to which there could be no end. Had I gone blind? I felt as if swallowed by the dark, until I finally see a light break in front of me and experience another unpleasant sensation.

An added effect, it seemed was the car slipping upside down continuously on the tracks making me nauseas as I continued to flip. Just then I saw more darkness ready to devour me. I heard the voices in my head again but they were soon tuned out altogether as I entered a room filled with nothing but black, and purple.

Suddenly, I felt an intense wind blast me all over, I felt a searing pain as I was still being flipped upside down, seeing nothing but blurred darkness and some purple dust as I was twisted up and down, all around, some kind of horrible transformation taking place. I gasped as the light finally peeked through, but I was dropped about 50 feet afterward, being suddenly yanked down, slamming myself into the front bar of the coaster as it suddenly jerked me straight up, taking me back to the entrance, battered, beaten and dizzy, a tingling going all through me, as I slowly pulled myself up, now feeling so disoriented, everything felt warmer and twisted for a few seconds. Finally I shake that feeling off and get out of the car, getting no help from any carnies.

In fact....

There was nobody there at all. Oddly enough, I let myself out, letting the rusty creak of the gate provide my getaway. I slowly walk down the wooden ramp, towards exit, but something felt different. I hadn't quite been.... myself.... something had.... changed. I stumbled outside now towards my parents, my mom looking at me oddly.

"Oh my god" she says "Thank god you’re alright"

She wraps her arms around me and it was then I felt it for the first time, an odd feeling, an odd sloshing feeling. My mom backed off as she too had felt it.

"Bobby..." she says backing off.

What was going on? I HAD felt different but I thought it was still because of the dizziness from the ride. It had lasted a long time though, a bit too long. I glance down and gasp. Looking back at me was a lump in my chest. I run to the mirror and nearly faint at what I had seen. I ..... I... I had breasts!
----------------------------------------------
Chapter 3: 2 new problems

Wh-what? What the hell had happened to me?!

In utter disbelief, I put my hands on my chest to feel even, that it had changed. I... had breasts. I look to my mom who exchanges glances at my dad. What the hell had happened to me??? Maybe it was something I ate.... no, I thought eating didn't do THIS.... maybe it was.... that jello water stuff.... or the rollercoaster. Still, I couldn't believe it.

The sounds of the fairgrounds behind me are seemingly blurred out in my mind, as I ponder deeply, what had happened.... how had I been given boobs? And even more importantly, what were my parents thinking as they seemed to just stare at me as if I was an idiot.

"Wh-what do I do?" I asked nervously, feeling my new chest heave up and down as my breathing increased.

"Ok, calm down" my panicked mother spoke "We'll find a way to cure this...."

"But how?" I shouted

"I think we should go to the park owner" my dad said.

"But who is that?" I asked, in a state of panic. What if these things were permanent?

"Calm down" my mom finally says "The park owner's office is this way, according to this sign"

I sighed and tried to relax but I still couldn’t... it was just too much. As I walk I can feel them, my boobs, sort of walking along with me, making things a LOT harder for me. Just then, I notice a familiar face down by the water park, it had been one of my friends, Candy. I had actually wanted to talk to her since I hadn't seen her in a while, but I just couldn't... I felt too embarrassed about having breasts to face ANYONE.

Just then, as I'm walking however, I heard her voice, which made my heart sink.

"Hey Bobby" she shouted. I slowly turned towards her.

"Hold on" I tell my parents running off towards her "Uh....hey"

"What's up?" she asked me.

"Oh not much...." I said nervously. I really had wanted to get back to my parents at that point. "Could I.....uh....talk to you later?"

"Sure, I guess" Candy replied.

And thus, I ran off towards the owner's office with my parents but when we got there, the place was empty, all torn apart and ravaged. Inside were only some overthrown chairs and a sign on a deserted desk that read "Mr. MendleMex" and even that sign had been torn. Odd.

"So what do we do now?" I asked nervously

"What CAN we do?" my dad asks, bewildered.

"I guess there’s no use in staying here...." I said sadly, titling my head down at my new boobs. It had seemed at the moment that they were there to stay.

As we head out, however, I swore I had seen a shadowy figure in the window, but when I craned my head back, he/she or it was gone. I continue walking sadly, down the beaten path when I see Candy again, who seemed to be waiting for me.

"Hey" she says in a cheerful tone. At least she seemed to be having a good day. "You wanna go swimming with me?"

"Um....no thanks" I said "I....think it'd be better if I got going...."

"Oh, that’s too bad" Candy frowns "Well, I guess I'll see you later then...."

"Later" I said, cracking a slight smile.

But what else could I have said? I couldn’t let people know about this.... these... it would be way too awful.... but I was still perplexed.... as to what was going on here.... someone had tried to warn me of this earlier but I stupidly hadn't listened and because of that I now had breasts and there seemed to be nothing I could do. So now what? Would I need a bra? Would I need to get used to this? Was there no way to cure it?

On my way home, I thought about all this... there had to have been something I could do. All I knew was, that had been no ordinary carnival and I had to tell SOMEONE about what had happened to me... that carnival had twisted my life completely, and I WASN'T going to let that go unnoticed....

Something had to be done.
------------------------------------------------
Chapter 4: Confessions and investigations...

How could I live like this? I thought, looking at the 2 "souvenirs" that I had taken home with me from the carnival, as I lay on my back in bed now. It was just so perplexing and I had to DO something about it.

Just then, my dad comes in and looks down at me on the bed with his usual look of concern.

"You gonna be alright?" he asks.

"Yeah.... I guess" I groaned.

Soon after he leaves, I turn out my light. I roll over, my breasts roll with me and I sigh with disgust. "God....why?" I whispered into the darkness around me, my voice cracking as I spoke. This had to have been the worst thing that could have happened to me. Finally however Im able to doze off. Maybe the infernal tits would be gone in the morning.

No such luck. Within 7 hours I awake and slowly stand up, instantly feeling my new found weight going down with me. The voice had warned me.... but I hadn't listened. Now... Id have to live with my penalty. But it still wasnt right, I thought again as I wandered upstairs, serverely focused and disturbed at what had happened to me. This carnival couldnt be allowed to get away with this.

When I finally DO get upstairs my mom seems to have been waiting for me for a while. She can obviously tell by looking that my problem hadn't gone away and just looks at me with concern. Thats really all she could do. It was all anyone could do at this point. Then my mother says something that makes my heart sink.

"Do you think you should wear a bra?"

Shit. I hadn't thought of that for some reason. I wasnt thinking I would EVER have to worry about that but now I most likely would. Well.... what could I do then? There was almost no way.... but then again, I could use my boobs as a way to protest this carnival, maybe then people would realize.... no.... I couldn't do that. There was simply no way I could show these to anybody, at least people who werent good friends of mine already, but even then, Im not sure who would understand this kind of thing.

So, I delined on the brasierre. Besides, this boobs were actually sort of substantial in size and I wasn't sure my mother even had a bra the right size. If I had to make an estimate, I would say they're about size C but I really couldn't be sure, nor did I want to be. Hopefully, I thought, I would never have to wear a bra.... hopefully, they would just go away.... hopefully it was just an unnatural side effect that would wear off soon enough.

That day I couldnt focus in school. I just KNEW people were staring at me. Even wearing a sweatshirt and no bra I could still see some sort of bust and other people must have been seeing it too. Ive also been more uncomfortable around Kim all day as I knew she would laugh at me if she knew. Then again though, she'd probably laugh at first and then understand my pain, and maybe help me find a way to fix things.

So, that day after school, I decided to tell her about what happened to me. For all I knew she probably wouldnt believe me anyway, even if I showed her the boobs myself.

Still, I had to show her... no matter what she would say. I hid behind some of the bushes outside my school and quickly grabbed her from behind and yanked her in, keeping my hand over her mouth to muffle her high pitched screams.

"Bobby?" she asks, panting and out of breath "What....what do you want? Why did you....?"

"Kim...." I said, quickly slamming my hand over her mouth to silence her again "You have to listen to me... what I'm about to tell you.... and show you.... you cant show or TELL ANYONE else! You promise?"

Kim weakly nods her head, her voice muffled as she squeaks "Mmm-hmm"

"Okay," I said backing away from her now. I knelt down and pulled the elastic of my shirt down "You ready for this?"

Kim just sat beside me, mouth agape. For all I knew she had seen it already but I planned to show her anyway.

"Kim...." I said slowly, letting her get a better glance down my shirt, "I have breasts"

"I.....I....can see that...." she says, now begginning to chuckle.

Great, I thought, she was about to laugh at me.

"I'm sorry...." she said, her voice getting squeaky and incoherent as she began to bawl with laughter "It's just you.... and that... and...."

I quickly lunged forward and cupped my hands over her mouth.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY, GOT IT?" I asked sternly.

"Right" she said, removing my hand from her face as she was still laughing "Not....not funny at all"

She put her own hand over her mouth now and I noticed a smile crack as she moved her hand away slightly. "I'm sorry," she said, still laughing "Lemme have a minute...."

Kim turned away and started chuckling out loud. Finally she turned to me and looked back at me with a straight face.

"So...." she said, now done with the initial reaction and thinking of something to say, without looking down at my chest. It's almost like when you know someone has a pimple in a certain spot and you keep looking there... thats what Kim was doing when it came to glancing at my chest every so often "How....?"

"I dont know" I said solemnly, knowing exactly what she was asking "It was.... at a carnival this happened...."

"At a CARNIVAL?" she asked.

"Yeah...." I said, taking the time to think about it "A rollercoaster, that I went on...."

"A rollercoaster?"

"COULD YOU NOT ASK QUESTIONS EVERY COUPLE SECONDS?!" I snapped, feeling the anger of everything that had happened in the last 24 horus starting to explode. Kim jumped a little at my rage. I quickly apologized and went on with my story. "Anyway, all I remember is, it was dark and this rickety old rollercoaster was taking me through a tunnel and I was twirling and getting thrashed around and next thing I knew... poof... I had breasts...."

Kim chuckled. "Maybe the g-force caused your nipples to stretch out....."

I simply glared at her as I stood up now and slid out of the bush, glaring at Kim as she continued to giggle over it.

"Oh, or maybe when you went upside down your CHEST fell out!" she says, laughing giddily now.

"KIM...." I said, looking at her with a very serious look. Almost instantly, she ceased laughing.

"Sorry" she said,sincerely "So....you need any help with....that?"

I sighed and looked to Kim. I opened my mouth to speak but I could really say nothing as nothing would really make me feel better at this point, and in fact I began to feel really embarassed now that Kim knew about this.

"You wont....uh....tell anyone, right?" I asked nervously, biting my lip.

"Nah" she said "I wouldnt do that...."

"Thanks" I said

Kim smiles slightly and wraps her arms around me, giving me a loving hug.

"Ooh" I said, backing off "Youre smushing my boob"

Kim giggles a little at first, then bursts into hysteria. I finally lightened up and laughed too, hugging her again and letting out a long sigh.

"Sooooo...." I said, the area around us now really quiet as the crowds of people had, for the most part, cleared out "What should I do?"

"What do you want to do?" Kim asked.

"I....I dont know...." I said "Im hoping I'll just wake up and this'll all be a dream but it feels too real...."

"Dont worry, Bobby" she said, putting her arm around my neck and giving me a slightly reassuring smile "Everything should be fine..."

"Still...." I said "I just WISH, I could find out what's going on with that carnival... I mean, maybe OTHER people are being altered...."

"Well Im sure the GIRLS dont mind...." Kim said, chuckling again now.

"NOT FUNNY." I growled.

Well, I thought, since I had missed the first bus, I had decided to go inside with Kim and stay after with her. We went to the library where she had to do some studying. I slank over to the computer and decided to search for some cheat codes. I typed in "Sonic 3 Carnival Night Zone" and clicked "search"

I scrolled through millions of results when I suddenly noticed a familiar website appear in the list of titles...

"CARNIVAL NIGHT, INC."

What looked familiar was the caption underneath. It was advertising a carnival chain that was stationed all over the world. The rides it listed were eerilly familiar to the ones I had seen before. Aqua Bumper Cars.....The Mind Twister....The Gyro Coaster....

I clicked the link and saw a photo of a carnival chain that appeared just like the one in my local area. I looked below to see that the world headquarters were located in Cleveland, Ohio. I thought for a second and typed in "News headlines, Cleveland"

I had to see if this Carnival had caused any OTHER weird happenings. It was then I saw it, dozens of other incidents.... girl grows third eye.... boy aquires strange powers that allow him to melt things by looking at them.... all kinds of weird things, including one article about a branch of the Carnival in Chicago that was closed down for .... reasons classified... it DID state though, that upon draining the water there was a sticky blue residue left behind...
-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 05: Emotional Support

"Wh-what is that???" I asked.

"It's a BRA!" she said, throwing it onto her bed "Anyone with BOOBS has to wear one..."

"Well they dont HAVE to...." I said, scooping the bra off the bed and looking at it oddly, wondering how it could possibly go on.

"Well no...." Kim shrugged "But I would seriously recommend it... in time, it's gonna get to you... the weight of them...."

I sat down on the bed and sighed, the bra in my lap as I buried my face in my hands.

"AGGGHH, this sucks...." I said, looking up at Kim with a frown "Thanks for helping me though...."

"Well of course Id help you...." Kim said, now sitting next to me "I AM your friend..."

"I know...." I said, cracking a slight smile "I just thought you would LAUGH at me.... I guess..."


"Well it WAS kind of funny...." Kim says, looking down at her floor now "But still, I didn't want to make you feel cruddy about it... I mean, it's not THAT bad, is it?"

"It's just weird" I said "Maybe if I was ready for it it WOULDN'T seem that bad but I mean... I have boobs Kim.... and I might have them for the rest of my life...."

"Well you might not...." Kim said "Maybe it's only temporary..."

"I doubt it...." I said, now almost ready to sob, I threw the bra back to Kim.

"Aw..." she said, dropping the bra on the floor now and giving me a comforting hug. "It shouldn't be THAT bad... and I guess you dont NEED a bra... I mean...."

"NO." I said, angrily wiping a single tear from my face. I went and picked up the bra, then headed for the bathroom. I looked back to Kim and said "Its something I GOT to get used to.... unfortunately...."

So there I was, standing there in Kim's bathroom holding a brasierre in my hand, looking it over for what seemed like hours, I finally got the courage to put my arms through it and pulled on the elastic as I tried to fasten it in the back, but with no luck. I sighed and realized, I probably should have taken my shirt off first...

So I take the bra off from around me and take me sweatshirt off too, feeling a draft on my breasts as they now hung bare for all to see. I also felt embarassed as I put the bra on again, as I feared more than anything, Kim would walk in and see my nipples. Thats all I needed. Hurriedly and with panic I fumble around in back to fasten the bra but my panicked state of working is making it even harder to do. I feel fear and panic as I finally get the 2 hooks to touch and just barely fasten it. I sigh with relief at last.

Still, it felt tight. The bra. It was a major new article of clothing for me. It wrapped around my sides and shoulders and 2 spandex cups now held my boobs in place. Looking in the mirror, I couldnt miss it. Unfortunately it was giving my breasts a little unneeded lift to make matters worse. I bend down and pick my shirt off the floor. I put it on over my head and try shoving it down over my boobs but it hurts my chest a little as I finally get the fabric to move with the new curves of my body. Unfortunately my shirt has now been stretched out and didnt even conceal my stomach anymore... in addition the sleeves seemed a bit shorter also.

"Kim...." I said, frustrated, as I stepped out of the bathroom, my chest bulging as a result of wearing the bra "I think I have a problem..."

I sighed with frustration as Kim started laughing and fell off her bed, onto the ground still chuckling. I just stood there and rolled my eyes, expecting this to happen but not really thinking about it at the moment. I did look stupid though, as I looked back to the mirror, a boy stood with a bulging, curving figure, wearing a shirt that was pretty much a midriff now.

"Im sorry...Im sorry..." she says, her breathing finally slowing to it's normal rate "It's just...oh my god...I have to just....please...."

Kim walks past me, still laughing somewhat as she reached into a drawer. I backed away nervously as she smiled, fumbling through her dresser drawer. What was she gonna do??? I decided to go back into the bathroom as I had finally figured it out.

FLASH!

Too late... Kim had now gotten photographic evidence of my wearing a bra... great.

"Im sorry...." she said, quickly stashing the camera away "I just HAD to get a picture...."

"Whatever...you just better not show that to ANYONE" I warned.

"Ok, ok, I wont...." she said, still smiling from it "I'll just keep it to myself for when Im really depressed...."

"KIM...." I said, now ready to move on past this sick joke "Why is my shirt freakin' not fitting?"

"Well, because of the bra..." she said "Now that you have that extra curve on you, you'll need bigger shirts...."

"Damn it, this SUCKS!!" I yelled, slamming Kim's bathroom door as I went back into her bathroom to change out of the bra. It just wasn't worth it. So little support for so much trouble, although it did feel oddly comfortable.

"Bobby...." she said, her voice sounding sympathetic again, as she took the bra back from me "It'll be fine...."

She reached her arms over towards my shoulders, trying to embrace me again but I simply moved away.

"I just...I want to be alone...." I said, walking out of her room now "And could I call my parents and tell them to pick me up??"

"Yeah...sure..." she said slowly, handing me her cell phone.

"Hey ma?" I said "I decided to stay after at Kim's house... could you pick me up in like 20 minutes? Ok, bye"

I then sat on Kim's bed again and once again smashed my head into my hands. It was something I did in this type of situation. Well, I guess what I had gone through wasn't exactly a normal situation but still.... I just felt so depressed, and Kim wasn't the only girl who would laugh at me. No girls at my school would probably take me seriously.

"Bobby...." she said, now almost whispering "There HAS to be a way to fix this...."

"I guess.... but this Carnival Company...." I said, thinking about what I had seen on the internet earlier "This weird stuff's happened to lots of people and from what Ive read.... nobody's been cured of it...."

"Well, didnt some website say that the company's head offices were in CLEVELAND?" Kim suggested.

"Yeah, in OHIO! We live in Connecticut... there's no way my parents would have the time or money to take me up there just so I can talk to some CARNIVAL corporation who probably have more business to worry about than some random BOY getting BREASTS on one of their rides...." I said, starting to angry and flail my arms into the air as I spoke. It would seem I had become more emotional since getting breasts. Maybe it was the extra estrogen levels in my body or something but I had definitely become angrier since this incident.

"Well, it's kind of a big deal...." Kim said "That you got breasts on one of their rides... if you took it up with the head offices, Im sure they'd realize something's wrong...."

"...I think they KNOW something's wrong, Kim...." I said, sitting down again and trying to calm down "....I just dont think they care.....Several chains of their carnival have been closed and people have gone into hospitals trying to treat these radioactive side effects... "

"Are you saying....?" Kim asked "This carnival is doing this stuff to people on PURPOSE..."

"It sure seems that way...I mean... this blue stuff in the water that I found in CONNECTICUT..." I began "it's the same stuff I heard about being found in Chicago... supposedly only 1 of every 3 people is affected by it but the Chicago Times reports the effects are catastrophic and in most cases....permanent...."

"So... this carnival's TRYING to taint their customers...." Kim asked.

"I...I dont know...." I said, throwing my arms down in defeat. I really didn't know how to explain anything that had been going on. All I knew was, I had boobs and no matter which way you looked at it, they would probably always be there.

"You could sue them...." Kim suggested "Probably get a lot of money...."

"Yeah, then my boobs will be all over the news...." I said "I'll need to use the money to move to another COUNTRY after everyone sees that I have breasts..."

"Well, keep your hopes up...." Kim said "...who knows? Maybe if you ask, your family will take you to Cleveland... and you can figure this out...."

"I doubt it...." I said, slowly getting up and getting ready to go. My mom would arrive soon.

That night, on the internet I just sighed with depression as I clicked from page to page, never once looking at anything NOT related to Carnival Nights Industries. Suddenly an AIM popup blocked my view of a page. It was Candy (the girl from chapter 3).

"Hey Bobby" I saw come up on the aim window

I just sighed and typed in "hey"

"Im on vacation in Connecticut you know...." she typed.

"Yeah, I saw you at that carnival remember?" I replied, through the aim window.

"Oh yeah, kind of a lame carnival, huh?"

"Tell me about it" I typed, not having told her of what had really happened to me there.

"So, whats up?" she asked.

"Ive just got a lot on my mind..." I typed, still reading information on Carnival Nights Inc. as I waited for Candy to reply in the AIM window.

"Like what?" she replied, after a brief pause.

"Im not sure how to explain it...or if you'd believe me.... but anyway, what are you doing now?"

"Well Im only gonna be in Connecticut for another day, then Im heading to Cleveland...." she typed.

CLEVELAND....CLEVELAND....CLEVELAND OHIO???

"Uh... Candy...." I typed into my computer, making sure my parents weren't watching as I typed "You think I could come with you?"

I sighed and took a deep breath as I hit the "send" key. What I was gonna do was probably...no it WAS very reckless and stupid but I had to do it...

"U sure ur parents would be okay with that?" she asked.

I sighed again, took a deep breath and made sure neither of them were looking.

"Look, Candy.. it's a unique situation and I need your help...what do you say?"

"I say sure..." Candy replies in the AIM window "But I hope you know what youre getting yourself into...."
---------------------









© Copyright 2005 Bobby G. (sonicfan287 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/971895-Crazy-Carnival