*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973351-Right-to-be-Wrong
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Other · #973351
This is only a start and needs some alterations. Any comments would be appreciated.
In all instances of life it is considered important to look back and contemplate what has been. But that leaves me with one question that no person I have asked have been able to answer. Why does it have to be this way? Do you want to be reminded of the things that went wrong...? i suppose not?

My dear dad, being the wise old soul he is, has one philosophy on life. Just imagine, a balding and slightly grey but classiclly handsome man around the age of forty five, sat with his barely teenage daughter, saying "It is never right to think 'what if?' Doing this will not get you very far in life. What has been, has been, and wallowing in the conflicts of the past will not change this."

In hind sight my old man had a point, but to an idiosyncratic adolescent, these were words falling on deaf ears. However, as I become ever closer to adulthood, which leaves no time for selfish thoughts and pre-concieved ideas, I realise the full context of those words i have heard so often.

While slowly acknowledging the new concepts open to me i'm reminded of a girl i once knew. This girl and I were what you may call soul mates. From our first meeting we became inseparable. A friendship had formed that knew no bounds. We had the same view of the world and where we wanted to go in life.

Throughout the years of our friendship the idea of us always being together became set in stone and one could not imagine themselves without the other. That was until we were introduced to the pleasures of nightclubs, alchohol and men.
© Copyright 2005 Aimee1985 (dolly1985 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/973351-Right-to-be-Wrong