*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/975847-The-Elephant-Who-Lost-His-Trunk
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #975847
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ELEPHANT!!!..........and 1000GP's for reviews that really help!
Eddy the Lazy Elephant

Eddy was a baby elephant and he was very lazy. He wouldn’t work or play or exercise at all. His mother warned him again and again that if he didn’t exercise something bad would happen to him.

“You really need to exercise a lot,
or else your body will fall apart.”

But Eddy just shrugged. Exercise makes me tired. I don’t want to exercise.
And then it happened. He woke up one day to find that his trunk was gone! Eddy was so worried. Mother, mother my trunk is gone. “I told your body wouldn’t be happy unless you exercised and now it’s so cross with you that parts have started to leave. If you keep on exercising maybe it’ll come back, but you best go look for it.”
So Eddy ran to his friends, have you seen my trunk anywhere? But the other elephants just laughed. Imagine an elephant with no trunk! It was hilarious. Besides the others always thought Eddy sulky, so they were pleased to see him unhappy. Now you see the thing is, elephants eat and drink with the help of their trunk. But because Eddy didn’t have one anymore he couldn’t eat or drink. Poor Eddy, he was sooo hungry. He searched for his trunk all day but didn’t find it. He came back to sleep with the herd. As he looked up at the sky he saw a shooting star. “I wish I had my trunk back.” he said “I promise to take good care of it and give it lots of exercise.” And two large tears rolled down his cheeks. He went to sleep.
The next day he found that his trunk had returned as if it had never left. But it didn’t quite fit on his head the way it used to. Eddy now had a bump on his nose, and it made him look different than the others. But Eddy didn’t mind. “Thanks for coming back.” And he gave his trunk and his whole body lots of exercise and he never ever was lazy again.
He used to exercise everyday and soon became very strong. By the time he grew up he was so strong that all the elephants made him their new leader. Now Eddy leads the herd, proudly swinging his trunk to and fro in the thick green jungle. And yes, he still has that bump on his nose!

THE END
© Copyright 2005 farhan_ditto (farhan_ditto at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/975847-The-Elephant-Who-Lost-His-Trunk