*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976900-GIGO
Rated: ASR · Essay · Experience · #976900
Garbage In Garbage Out
I think we discussed this on my S.A.D. class a while back, and suddenly it came up to me again. GIGO. Garbage In Garbage Out, so you have to be careful whatever you input into the system, cause that’s also what it will display as an output. The data has to be accurate. There’s no room for mistakes.

Last night I was having difficulty sleeping when an image popped into my head. It wasn’t a pleasant image, I tell you. You know those nights when you just let your mind wander and you have no control where it’s headed? Well, mine headed the wrong way, I guess. I’m not going to mention what the specific thought was, but then I realized that the image was from a movie I accidentally caught one night while channel-surfing. It wasn’t that malicious or perverted, but still. I had switched quickly, but the image had already made its way inside, without me consciously knowing it then. Well, I know it now.

Joyce Meyer once told a story similar with mine. She had caught a TV show or movie where a girl was riding a horse topless, her breasts exposed. She hadn’t watched the rest of the show but a few days later, while innocently eating dinner, the image popped back into her head without warning. It had entered the subconscious, and it’s there, whether you like it or not. Whatever you let in, through your eyes, or your ears, it settles inside. Your mind doesn’t recycle it to good or better. If you watch perverted movies, eventually your language comes covered with filth, and eventually you act on it, too. GIGO. Garbage In Garbage Out.

I had learned that you really have to be careful whatever you let in. What you listen to, what you watch, it stays inside. My father had a friend, who was big on watching horror movies for a couple of years without even being scared. Well, one day the thread just snapped. He couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, because everything he watched and all the demons with it came back to him and haunted him. The guy became a serious basket case, and was only cured by the power of prayer.

I used to catch certain scenes in movies and used to read certain books that contained not-so-wholesome scenes, but I know better now. I’m not about to let any more trash into my system. Really, dropping certain stuff in your life could truly be liberating.
© Copyright 2005 pencilsoverpens (chino29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976900-GIGO