*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977287-Possibilities
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by pmjg23
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #977287
Do I divulge my true feelings to the one person I care for the most??
Daily conversations lead to words spoken but never moved upon the possibility of my truth.
These feelings stored up and redirected via words, thoughts felt but never expressed.
Careful to only imply but never mislead you

Feelings shared slowly but never directly so not to confuse you, could I ever be truthful?

Shared moments of honesty last but only seconds to hide inner emotions.
Too scared or maybe worried of the potential denial of love.
Too scared of the possibility of shared love.
Can I be ready if I am not prepared for your answers?

Never fully forward, always laugh at the suggestion of something more, friendship is my armor, romantic yet platonic my burden.

I hear you speak of the future and I see you next to me, although these are not the words that I hear. I wonder too often if you are speaking of me. Could I fit this idea of yours, I think there are possibilities.

I often remind myself what this is between us and shake loose of all the ideas floating out there in my head, will I ever find the courage to bestow them upon you?

10:00 pm, and the phone rings, that familiar playful voice, my lips part to a half smile
All night awaiting this voice that fills my head with possibilities.

The moment passes when truth could be my ally, instead deceit is my friend.
Cowardice is within me, never knowing if the possibility could be our reality.

I guess friends are all the truth I can handle, but the possibility remains.
© Copyright 2005 pmjg23 (pmjg23 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977287-Possibilities