*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977579-Death-through-sleep
Rated: 13+ · Other · Death · #977579
A short piece that embraces death and its likeness to sleep.
The sensation of death was near but nevertheless welcomed. The feeling of reaching the end is similar to the pleasurable moment one experiences just before sleep, before the body begins to spasm, before it enters the land where everything unworldly is understood and accepted. Just as tired eyes close satisfied from a day’s events and ready to embrace the mystery of the next day, warmth spreads across the body, and the fear of losing control of what occurs in dreams is finally eased. The pleasure does not last for long, but the ecstasy of the final grasp of conciseness before the deep plunge brings eternal calmness, and makes everything, for at least that moment, make sense. And as tired eyes can wait only so long before they demand their sleep, life loses its patience to linger.
© Copyright 2005 SHIMONKANE (shimonkane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/977579-Death-through-sleep