*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980336-The-Hall
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #980336
This is just about a guy from school. It describes many middle school crushes.
I slowly walked out into the hallway. *I'm only getting water. I'm not trying to see him. I'll ignore him. I'll ignore him...* But it was too late. He was enough to change anyone's mind. It was the same story everyday, and I couldn't help but notice every perfect thing about him.

He had a beautiful smile, if you were lucky enough to see it. He always looked me right in the eyes and smiled. Oh, it was just like the angels had spread their wings over his mouth. And his eyes, yes they were beautiful to. I loved to gaze directly into them. There was such a piercing feeling that I got each time I did look at him, and it pulled me away from reality. But it wasn't enought to make me forget about the Hand.
Oh how I hated that Hand. The Hand that always seemed to fit perfectly into his, the Hand he seemed to pay so much attention to. I hated that Hand and the body connected to that Hand, and even the very air around that Hand. But I loved that Hand. *Only because he loves it, only because he loves it...*

I remember each time I saw him in that very hall. I remember each look, each smile, each time he almost got close enough to lightly brush up against my arm. I always felt so weird everytime he went by, but almost as if I could just fly away that very moment.
Yes, he made my heart fly. He flew to, but he was just out of my reach. It was like he was waiting for me, maybe even teasing me. He knew how hard I would fall, and he only held me up by a finger.
But I'm not blaming him on this heartbreak. I mostly blame myself. I knew what I was getting into. It's the same each time. It's the same because I'm always convinced that it will be different. *Oh, yes, this one is different. He is different. I just know this will work out, because...he's different!*

Walk down that hall today. You might see him walk down it. You might hear a friend of mine say "There he is." and you might hear me reply "Isn't he just amazing!" You might even see the girl with the Hand that he loved, and he might turn to her and remind her of how much he loves her.

Or you might just hear the breaking of a heart...a million times. *That would be mine, thank you.*

© Copyright 2005 CrazyBeautiful (hansonfan92 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980336-The-Hall