*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980881-The-Princess-Iscariot
by Loki
Rated: E · Prose · Psychology · #980881
The trail left in the wake of a true betrayal.
The Princess Iscariot


- Make me yours… -

Dream with me. Sleep with me. Dream my dreams, and find the Despot within yourself.

What’s happening? I cannot breath the air, for this life has become...thin. I wake, and as I shake the cobwebs from my head, facing the dawning day, I realize that I am beginning to see the world through the eyes I once had. Love is illusive, chemical in nature, and deception is tantamount to success. Is that so bad? You know, my friend here doesn’t seem to think so, and it would appear that he knows more than I, and especially more than I would like him to.

- No one will ever know anyone… -

Evolution shatters the mask, and as the broken pieces slice my face and fall to the floor, I see the truth. It is no longer needed, for the illusion is self-purporting and second nature. Is this the next step, the next level, and do I have you to thank for it? If so, then you were nothing more than the next concentration of venom; nothing more than another stone.

- Dream with me sleep with me…follow me. -

I hear him speak: “Lock the doors, slam the shutters, and pick up that hammer over there. Those windows need…fixing.” Followed by a chuckle so hollow, there’s nothing human in it. “That’s it; that’s the solution: get to work, Loki. That’s right, never mind the shards in your back. Yes, you’re right, we don’t need any nails. What was that? Yes, that does describe it.” He’s back, he’s here, and he’s going to help me. That’s all he ever did, really - I just couldn’t see it.

- Dream my dreams… -

Pacifism. I do nothing in the midst of this betrayal. A strong word, you say? No - omission is in and of itself betrayal. Bitch – now that’s a strong word. One I refused to use, and have to this day still. Besides, what can I do? The options are either bland, or fully loaded. I refuse to crawl, and a gun to the head creates as many, if not more problems than it solves. Nothing is one hell of an option right now. Anyway, I’ve gained something here also.

- …never forget. -

Relinquish all claims. I owe you nothing. I have paid my debt in full. But down the road, when you find yourself where you will no doubt be, remember that it was yourself, not I, who threw you to the wolves. They actually want you, so go with them. You will become one of them; of that I have no doubt. But eventually, the pack will turn on you, when they smell the counterfeit in their midst. Everybody gets what they deserve. Your shallow lies uncover truth.

So, do what you like, transform yourself into whatever you like – I know what you are. And more importantly, I know where you’ve been.
© Copyright 2005 Loki (the_angel_loki at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/980881-The-Princess-Iscariot