*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/982354-An-Indian-and-His-People
Rated: · Other · Other · #982354
A very romantic love story




An Indian And His People
Jonathon knows what it’s like to love from his soul. His great grandfather all his life filled him with much wisdom, taught from many generations of Indian heritage. Life here on the reservation is very simple and uncomplicated as Jonathan, also known as Brave Bear knows. That’s why he chose to stay here. He loves the simplicity although he could be elsewhere making more money because he has a medical degree.
Because he is Indian he has an advantage. He understands Indian medicine and modern medicine and ways. It’s because of his great knowledge, the chief of his people have decided to send him to Washington DC for a very special meeting. He is to represent his people before the great people of the congress of the United States of America. They need someone who understands the white man to help make progress for their people. Although Jonathon is helping they still need more doctors and medicines and his people need hope for becoming more than what they are. Although there is nothing wrong with who they are. Many are losing their soul for becoming more. They feel as if they cannot progress because they are Indian and often the government squashes their dreams like bugs in the street. They hope Jonathon can convince them to let them live better.
An Indian and His People

Meanwhile, Dove, who is aptly named because of her sweet and gentle spirit is busily getting ready for that same meeting. All dressed in a tight fit office like blue dress she runs a brush through her long blonde hair as she rushed out the door for that meeting concerning Indian affairs. Although she is outwardly sweet and gentle, inwardly Dove harbors a dark secret that only she knows. You see her grandmother used to be married to an Indian man and he beat her. Not with his fists, but his words. Often they were razor sharp and hurtful. So before she even gets to the congress she has already decided that this man that is coming will not get any help for his people if she has anything to say about it.
Determined to destroy anything Jonathon has planned or wanted is exactly what she will do if she can, as she finally arrives in her Porsche. Looking down at her watch she realizes she needs to hurry as there’s only two minutes left before the meeting starts. Her legs quickly, almost in a sprint like fashion into the door as she says hello to others around her, she squeezes herself into her seat.
The meeting has begun but where is the star speaker, she wonders? When out of the corner of her eye she sees a rather tall well built man with very long black raven hair and the most gorgeous dark eyes she has ever seen in a long time. Very impressive she’s thinking as he sits at the table before this committee.
Embarrassed that she had a kind thought toward an Indian she gets control of her emotions. Jonathon, not in the least nervous as to who he is sitting before unfolds his papers and begins to talk from his soul. First about his people and then about their heartache and finally what he feels

Page 3
An Indian And His People

would be a reasonable solution to their problems.
Dove patiently listens and begins to realize that all the resolve she had made in the beginning was starting to disappear underneath this mans testimony. His compassion and his wisdom coupled with all the precise plans he had made for them was more than a little bit convincing. The vote was taken. Do we help them or not? Yes, they all decided. Even Dove had a change of heart. What she didn’t know was coming was a change of soul. Both she and Jonathan gathered up their papers to leave. Although they left the building in different directions they by chance ended up at the same place. A small coffee shop nearby. Jonathon wanting his normal sugar fix and Dove wanting her caffeine rush.
Starting up a conversation with Dove was easy as she had already been impressed earlier. She could feel all the walls inside her come down as he reaches over and takes her hand gently. He’s nothing like the man my great grandmother married. He’s gentle and kind. He has a soul that runs deeper than the deepest ocean and when he speaks all the wisdom from his grandfather comes pouring out of him. His grandfather must be a very wonderful soul. It would be nice if she could meet him.
To her surprise, Jonathon invites her to come to see his people and his home. She accepts. Could this be the beginning of love? Maybe. Since Jonathan’s problem concerning his people is over he has time to think about love now, but they both don’t know it’s love yet. Because for right now it’s just deep friendship that has the possibility of going even deeper.
© Copyright 2005 annabell (annabell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/982354-An-Indian-and-His-People