*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983003-Faith
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #983003
A look into the definition of faith, where does free will and faith divide?
FAITH

I have heard it explained that God gave mankind the ability to choose between right and wrong. And it makes me contemplate faith. If I am choosing what to do and say, and everybody else is doing the same, at what point is God intervening? You'd think he'd want to step in and take control of a person now and then to deliver punishments, and rewards as needed.


I know of a person who is so confident God will take care of him that he is completely unfazed by losing his job. He smiles under the assumption that as long as he has faith, he will never be left wanting.

I love that idea-- Trust in the lord and let him pave your way. But it seems like there are a lot of free willed people who can wreck your road any time they want.

The other day an aquantance came up to me, and told me things were getting tough. He had been injured and lost two fingers in an industrial accident and had been out of work ever since. He had been trying everything he could to get a job , but people were turning him away for one reason or another mostly due to the injured hand.

He also was feeling torn about his ex wife who was trying to lessen his visitation time with his son.

I wondered had this acquaintance chosen to have this much pain or was it the Lord trying to teach him something? Then I wondered if the lord had put this man in front of me so that I could help him. Was the Lord hoping my free will would be exercised properly?

Through psychological profiles for work, I've been told that one of my dominant characteristics is responsibility. It is not easy for me to see pain in other people and not do something to help. But I am not reaching out to everyone.

If I am being tested, I am failing, and I don't like the feeling one bit.



© Copyright 2005 AD's Imaginethat (austinpow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/983003-Faith