*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/984732-Untitled
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Drama · #984732
This is my first entry so I am not sure what to enter here. It's a sad love story
As Abby lay in the warm sand of the beach, she couldn't help but think of Jake with his dark brown eyes and dirty blonde hair. She truly believed they were meant to be together. Why hadn't she realized her love for him before it was too late. Now she would never see her beloved Jake.

Abby still remembered the day she met him, as if it were just yesterday. She was only 16 and a sophmore, while he was one year older. It was right after school when he quietly walked up to her. "Hello" he said softly, "Im Jake".

"Hi" responded Abby shyly.

"This may sound a little odd" he said "but would you mind going to prom with me".

"That doesnt sound so odd" replied Abby who was smiling. "And yes, I would be honored to go to prom with you"

Two weeks later the two of them went to the high school prom. It was a night Abby still cherishes. They danced in the moonlight and talked as they walked along the very beach she lay on now. As the two sat at dinner, Abby looked into his deep brown eyes knowing something was different about him. However, she didn't know what. It's a shame she didn't realize it sooner.

After going out for two years, Abby broke up with a heartbroken Jake. "I just dont see it going anywhere" she told him. However in reality it was just so she could be with star football player Eric. How stupid she was, for after just six months Eric broke up with Abby for a cheerleader.

That night Abby finally saw how perfect Jake was for her. However she was too late. That previous night, Jake had been killed in a car accident. Abby was of course crushed to hear the news when she arrived home.

Now she lay here on the beach in her black dress, to afraid to go to his funeral. After a few more moments of thought Abby slowly got up and walked away. She was going to be with Jake even if it was the last thing she did.

That night, a heart broken Abby took her fathers gun out of his desk. She silently sneaked out of the house and walked to Jakes grave. Here she shot herself and lay bleeding until early morning. That is when Jake's mother found her laying on her sons grave. That is the same place where abby lays today, right next to her one true love.

© Copyright 2005 darkangel (darkangel88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/984732-Untitled