*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/985679-A-Wulf-Tale
by wulf
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #985679
Kid, undesireably, becomes wherewolf and searches for a cure.
"Hey Larry, you hear bout the summer bash tonight?"

"You know i did! I mean, I practically put the party together. And trust me theres gana be plenty of suprises. You know where it's at right?"

"No, somewhere out in that corn field."

"Yeah, kinda. Its in an old cellar. I cant belive i found it, it doesnt look like anyones using it, but its a huge cellar. Like we could fit the whole school in there. Remember its gana be an whole night party, and I know your mom so tell her your gana be at my house tonight, ok."

Now normally I wouldn't think Ted would go to this party, expecially since last time he went to a party his parents found out and he was nearly grounded for life. But I guess since he's almost in college he doesnt really have to worry bout that too much now.

"Yeah, sounds smart. When is everyone coming."

"Hell, people allready went, it started right when school got out."

"Ahh, ok. Well, hey, wait up for me I need to go home first and tell my mom im stayin at your house."

"Sure, I'll go with you so we can go straight from your house to the party."

We walked to his house and as soon as we could see his house we new we would be late to the party. The car in the driveway had smoke coming from it and a note on it. The note read

"Sorry, had to take your car. My car broke down."

"How are we going to get to the party now?", asked Ted.

"Everyone is allready at the party, so we cant get a ride from anyof them. I guess well have to walk it."

"What! I guess we can take our bikes to make it in time. We arent gana be there till mid-night though."

"Better later than never"

Now for any two normal kids this ride wouldnt be too bad, but for two lazy out of shape kids its like a crosscountry trip.

It was about eleven p.m. untill we could even see the lights from the party.

"Hey, look. They have fireworks and everything."

A shot went into the sky, but it didn't do anything but flare.

"Must have been a dud."

"Man do you hear that music they must have it full blast"

When we got there no one was there. It was wierd.

"Hey, where is everyone Larry?"

"They must all be down in the cellar"

we opened the door, i felt chilled when i didnt see anyone.

"This isn't a cellar Larry. This is a sewer. They could be anywhere down here."

"Is that a bad thing, it just gives us more room."

"I guess not. Lets go find the people."

"Lets bring our bikes, we could use the sewer as a big ramp."

"yeah."

We brought the bikes with us inside and rode them as we looked for the people. The longer we go without seeing anyone the more we start to think, and the more we thought the more we begane to be frightened.

"OK, Larry. Lets go, no one is here."

"How do you explaine the music and the firework then? People are here, they must have just kept the party moving. Why dont you take your mind off of things by ridin your bike."

Ted started up doing some really good tricks untill he made a huge crash landing. I looked down and saw the water was red.

"Oh man, where did you get scrapped up?"

"Nowhere, I just might have a bruised tail bone in the morning."

"What do you mean? You have to be bleeding, the water under us turned red. Ok. I think the best thing to do now is to go back."

"Yeah. Definately!"

We got on our bikes and biked as hard as we had ever biked before.

"Hey, Larry, I just want to congradulate you on this amazing party. Really! I mean good job, nice location and everything, except for the fact that were running away from it right now and everyones gone."

"Hey, how do you know the people just left early. And mabey its not blood, mabey its just rusty water."

"That would explaine why your biking just as fast as I am to get out of here."

"OK. Lets just shutup and stop pointing fingers ok! Its not all my fault, I mean I was n't even here. Theres the door!"

I jumped at the door and pushed the door open.

"Oh my god."

"What?"

"Shh, for the love of god, Shut up!"

I was looking straight at a huge wolf. It was the size of two men. I dont know if it saw me, but it was ripping apart something that was blocked by the tree. Suddenly the collossal beast took a swing at the thing it had been ripping into. It was a person! A glance was caught between me and the wolf. The wolf stood up no two legs.

"Its a werewolf!", I whispered with a whimper.

"What, come on Larry."

"Start running Ted."

"Oh come on, you cant think i would belive-"

"Run!"

The were wolf jumped against the tree right at us! He was huge. Ted cought a glance and thats all he needed. We jumped on our bikes. But Teds was messed up from the crash. He started biking and his chain broke. He jumped on mine with me and i peddled as hard as i could.

"Oh no, you werent kidding, hes a beast... huge."

"I told you! So where am i riding to, cause theres no way we can turn around."

"mabey we can just wear him out."

"Are you kidding. Weve been riding for hours, im allready cramping up."

"Look, a door!"

I rode right up to the door and jumped off the bike. We got through the door and shut the door. The door was like a flood door. Finnaly a break. The door was strong, real strong! We waitied to hear the thump from the wolf crashing into the door. We heard a huge bang from the door. The door held up really good. The animal was scrathing at the door, but for the time it looked like we were safe.

We looked around for a way out. We found nothing. So we started thinking.

"Hey, if this is a werewolf, dont we only have to wait untill the night is over?"

"Yeah, probaly. I guess if we dont hear anything in the morning well know."

Ted had a watch on. So we waited until six-thirty a.m. Neither of us slept that night. By three a.m. we both noticed the noise from the door had dissipated. We looked around the room some more just in curriosity. There were chains and locks and stuff. In the corner is where we found it.

"Hey, this wall is really weak Ted. We could probably break it down and get out this way in the morning. Just incase he is still a wolf in the morning."

"We can break it with the metal chains and locks"

At six a.m. we bagan breaking down the wall. It was broken down by six-ten a.m. It was too ealry but the wall was allready broken down so we had to go for it. The wall led to another part of the sewer. We ran to light of dawn we saw. I guess somehow the wof knew we were trying to leave. It Rampaged through a wall way behind us. The beast was fast, but it was allready dawn. It should have been a human, by popular myth. The beast was slowing down, mabey it was turning back to human. We were out of the sewer near a farm. Close to us we saw a shotgun. It was loaded. Ted shot at the animal. The werewolf was in midjump when it was shot, and as it flew out of the shaded sewer he transformed back into a human. We looked down at the person and turned him over to see who it was. Mabey we knew him. As we turned him we were dumbfounded. It was there highschool principle, a hated man who was allways in a bad mood.

We called the cops from the barn. They came and picked us up and threw us in jail for murded. We heard them talking about it from the cell.

"It seems they were drunk and on drugs and started hallucinating. When there principle came to stop the party, they thought he was a werewolf. Apparently they shot him thinking it was in self defence.", the sherrif explained.





© Copyright 2005 wulf (buddud at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/985679-A-Wulf-Tale