*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/985693-Creation-of-the-Gods
by Donna
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #985693
A god flouts in darkness, there is nothing but darkness until she wises it into being.
         A young girl drafted in the great darkness, she had just awakened from nothing or from the darkness perhaps, she had no name, no shape, she had nothing.
         She began to cry, “It is so dark,” she thought, “I wish there was light.”
         Then at that very moment, a giant fiery ball sat in front of her. She looked down to see a tiny figure, with four limbs. Two of the limbs had long things coming out of them.
         She could bend them, “fingers” she said to herself. She brought them up to a sphere “head”, there was long strings coming from it “hair”, and on the front “face”. She touched other parts and named them, “neck, arms, hands, breast, stomach, legs, feet, toes,” after naming them she stopped for a while. She was thinking, “My name, what is my name, do I have one, I must have one, Leda is that it, YES.” “LEDA” she screamed out loud.
         The fiery ball she made before went out in a blaze of blue. She could feel a tug from where it had been. She wished for another one, and it came into being, it was smaller then the first, and was just as bright “sun,” she thought, but it was pulled into the blackness that was created by the first one.
         “Black hole,” she thought, looking at the swirling blackness. Not wanting the next sun to be pulled in, she moved away from it and wished another in to being, she felt it being pulled toward the black hole, so she moved it father away, so the black hole looked like a speck in the blackness.
         She looked at the sun, it was huge, red and yellow fire blazed over it. She moved back and placed a giant round rock between her and the sun. The ground cracked and bright red fire shot out of it. It looked like a small sun and began moving around the bigger one. She moved father back and placed another it sat there for a long time, finally small hills rouse and some of their tops broke open with shots of fire. When the fire finally cooled, the hills where much taller. She continued moving back and placing more rocks, “plants,” she called the.
         Different things happened to each. The third and fourth where to close, they started spinning around one another until they collided sending pieces in every direction. Two dozen headed toward the second plant, “Giya” she called it. Some missed the plant but where grabbed by it. The pieces that the plant grabbed rammed into each other until two moons where made. The pieces that hit made large craters and mist started to rise from them to form the first “rain”.

         Giya was her favorite. She watched rains and the floods that followed. Water spread over most of the plant leaving one large island and little clusters of smaller islands along the big ones west shore.
         She gave the other plants names as will. The place left by the third and fourth planted, formed a giant ball of gas with a small rock about the size of a small moon at its middle, she called it Gastosus. It had no moons, but small rocks circled it. After it was a beautiful icy blue Plant called Iiteus with two moons almost the same size as it. The last was large black and smooth with 9 small moons.
         After sometime Leda moved away from the plants to make new clusters of stars. Soon she had grown lonely even with the creators that had appeared on some of the plants. She wanted to feel motherhood and to have someone like her, she wished for a live to be inside her. When her child a boy she named Lucian was born she was amazed at the girl she name Trestessa that came with him. She had only wished of one but was very happy with them. The twins where inseparable, never leaving each other’s side. Leda taught them everything she know and aloud them to do as they pleased. Leda loved motherhood and soon had many more children.
         The twins grow bored of their universe, so they created man and Leda was so proud she gave them Giya as a place for man to live on.


         The world was new to man there was no time. The suns and moons feel and rose but man had just been born and did not know what it meant. Two bright beings had been among them, teaching them the first language of man. It was a crude language of grunts and groan, but it suited them, they could not make out words yet, they where equivalent to small children. They know the two bright ones where gods and worshiped them so. In return they where taught a more cultured language, how to build and use tools, how to hunt, and grow food. It was time consuming and toke centuries to teach them enough so they could live on their own.
         Nearly twenty-five hundred years after man was created. The other gods where starting to notices the humans. They where jealous of the twins and the favor their mother showed them. With their brother Desdemon in the lead a great war over dominations of the humans and Giya broke out. The war endured for two years weakening the gods. As a result wars between man brake out as will. In the end the twins with Leda’s help won the war. Leda gave them rule over Giya and their Brothers and sisters that had fought against them.
         To show they where fair in their rule, they gave their brothers and sisters titles that would suit them. They then created a second world on, but apart from Giya, where only gods and could go. One part was in the cloud called The God’s Realm for all the gods but one. The other part was deep under ground called The God’s Dungeons where they banished Desdemon.
         The other gods where pleased with their titles. They roamed over Giya freely, creating their own creators. While man regained balance there where still hard times but few wars. Most where bandits wanting independents, some were rulers wanting more land and power.

Titles of the goods:
         Alleviate - (Goddess of Healing)
         Biteus - (God of the forest, and animals, The Wild God)
         Ceres - (Goddess of the Fields)
         Desdemon - (God of the Dammed)
         Desdemona - (Goddess of the Dead)
         Eros - (God of Love)
         Gia - (Goddess of Giya, second to Lucian and Trestessa)
         Herne - (God of the hunt)
         Leda - (Mother of the Gods and Universe)
         Lucian - (God of Justice and The Land, The Great God, Father of man)
         Oceanus – (Goddess of Waters)
         Soren - (God of War)
         Tempus - (God of Storms)
         Trestessa - (Goddess of Women’s Justice and The Home, The Great Goddess, Mother of Man)
© Copyright 2005 Donna (donna25 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/985693-Creation-of-the-Gods