*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/986551-Was-it-worth-it
Rated: GC · Poetry · Gothic · #986551
This looks at different asspects of death...
He reached out and brushes her hand but she was too late. His hand fell limp and his last breath was taken as he cut his own heart in two. The sword slid in with ease and the pain was fast. He took his life for the one he loved.
She felt his pain and the regret she held in her heart was more than his pain as the sword slid into his flesh. She tried but he insisted he be the one.
To chose your own life to save your love but to only cause even more pain in her heart.
You took your life so no pain was felt by you but what did you leave behind?
The life you loved, the pain left to the ones you loved. Was it really worth it? She must have not meant that much if you’re to leave her with this pain.
Now she sits knelt by your body, with your limp hand in hers. Tears streaking down her cheeks staining her perfectly worn blouse. She now holds the pain from the sword in her heart.
As she falls gently next to your pale body, you should be wondering, was it really worth it?
© Copyright 2005 SearchinShadow (searchinshadow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/986551-Was-it-worth-it