*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/987292-Little-Anger
Rated: E · Other · Personal · #987292
What can moments of uncontrolled anger do?
Little Anger

Anger in itself is quite fearful....at least for me. Scars created out of uncontrolled anger are like that on Harry Potter--always burning. Though this concept is not of my own but the presentation is. Read on the story

****************************************************
There was a girl who lived in a lovely house in the woods, far from the hustle and tussle of the world. Her house was a dream. It was surrounded by a beautiful wooden fence, all painted in sky blue. The girl was very fond of it. When it rained, she would sit on the porch and see the rainbow from over the fence. She had always loved to do it.

But when the rainbow would disappear, she became angry. She wouldn’t eat. She wouldn’t sleep. She would remain silent the whole day. Her mother would always be worried about her daughter’s anger. She wanted to help her daughter but couldn’t think of anything. But one day when it was raining and, as usual, she was sitting on the porch, her mother came.

“What are you doing, my dear?” asked the mother sitting next to her.
“Why is the rainbow so beautiful, ma?”
“That is because the rainbow is very happy.”
Standing and walking towards the steps down the porch, the girl asked “And...why is it happy?”
“After seeing my gorgeous daughter anybody would be happy.” said the mother smiling at her.
“Com’ on ma.” said the girl blushing.

“I’ve to talk to you about something, dear.”
“What is it ma?”
The mother showed her a hammer and some nails. The girl was puzzled.
“What is this, ma?” asked the girl with excitement
“Dear, I’ll tell you a trick to control your anger. I want you to do as I say.” The girl came to her mother and sat near her. The mother continued “From now on whenever you feel angry beyond your control, I want you to hammer these nails into the fence till you feel normal. Come to me when you finish all the nails and I’ll tell you what to do.”
“Are you sure ma?” asked the daughter pretty confused.
“Yes dear.” she said.

The girl wouldn’t say no to her mother. She started nailing the fence every time she felt angry. It didn’t take her too long to finish all the nails. When the mother came to know, she went to inspect the nailed area. It had lost its glory.
“Well done dear! Now, do the opposite. Remove nails from the fence till you feel you are in control.” said the mother clearing the confusion of the girl. The girl didn’t question this time. She did what her mother had asked to. After all the nails came out of the fence, her mother came.


“My dear daughter, see the nailed area of the fence and tell me how beautiful it is?”
“It’s looking ugly ma with all those holes in it.”

“You know dear, these holes are the result of actions that we take when angry. When we speak hurting words or take harsh actions, they create these holes in the people around us. Can we fill these holes in the fence now?” The daughter nodded disapprovingly.
“Same is the case with us dear. Once these holes form in our hearts, it’s never possible to fill them back, how much ever we try. These are responsible for our disturbed lives and relationships. Few moments of anger that we can’t control can spoil the best of our relations.”

“But mama, how else do I express my anger?”

“I shout at my friends when I feel angry. They feel bad and I make it up to them. We are happy again. I never go to the point where my friends are emotionally hurt. I never say things like “Why are you my friend?” If I say that, my friend is not the same again. She doesn’t have the same feelings. I make them realize their mistake but not hurt them, like what happened with our fence. This is what is called controlled anger dear. You should express anger but not to an extent that your friends and relations are left with holes. They are like this fence ever protecting you by surrounding you.”

The girl hugged her mother as tears tickled down her cheeks. Her mother knew, she was not the same.

****************************************************


Truly indeed friends, one who can't control his emotion is just like an animal. All an animal can do in anger is come charging down....that should not be the case with us.
© Copyright 2005 Arihanthan (arihanthan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/987292-Little-Anger