*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/987939-Not-for-Real
Rated: E · Fiction · Adult · #987939
I opened the book and there it was!
My fourth entry to this wonderful contest "I opened the book and there it was". I received the second prize.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#979228 by Not Available.


*Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon6* *Balloon1* *Balloon2*

TITLE: Not for Real
NUMBER WORDS: 300

*Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4* *Balloon5* *Balloon6**Balloon1* *Balloon2*



I rummaged through the box. It was filled with old pieces of cloth, broken frames and faded pictures. There was no time to worry about roaches hiding in there; I spotted the book under a pile of crackled magazines.

I opened it and there it was! Grandma’s picture! I had never seen my grand mother in real, so, when my uncle said her photo had been published once, I could not rest until I found the book.
She was wearing one of those large white hats women liked to wear at the start of the last century. I did not get a chance to observe her face too long, because her lips suddenly started to move and said:
“Turn the page!”

So I obeyed. In the middle of the book, I was barely surprised to discover a huge book worm with two long brown horns. It was staring at me through orange glittery eyes and his head swiveled from left to right as if it was waiting for a signal before jumping toward my face.
As I prepared to turn the page, I saw the creepy crawler suddenly staring at me in terror. I cruelly squashed the page on him, anyway.

On another page, I found dust covering the writing. When I smelt it, I sneezed.
“Pepper!” I guessed.
And I kept sneezing without succeeding in finding tissues anywhere on the attic floor.

I quickly turned to the next page and there was my nose! All red and puffy because of the hay fever. I felt sorry for the poor thing, so I gave it a little rub. The next sneeze sent him tumbling off the book.

I laughed disgracefully as I watched the poor organ stumbling away through cobwebs. And with one last burst of laughter, I woke up.
© Copyright 2005 Florence C. (isa-danton at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/987939-Not-for-Real