*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988337-Blood-Feud-Rise-and-Fall
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #988337
Its overall story is about a war between Eygptian Vamps and Transylvanian Vamps.

Blood Feud:Rise and Fall
Part One- The New Knight



The day started typically: bad. I awoke that morning and scrapped together what I could for breakfast.
The food storage was starting to to dry up, it was about time for me for me to go shopping again. As my luck would have it the second I noticed my sister was gone I heard a distant scream.
I shot my eyes to a nearby wall and saw that she left her weapon. Within a second I grabbed an ax and set out to the woods. I must've still been a little weary from sleeping I was only covering about 18 or 20 miles per hour. I came upon her in a clearing about 5 miles out, a couple of rats had her up a tree. Fortunately the tree she was up was too thin for the rats too climb up but was rooted deep enough to support her weight. I was real sloppy that morning they picked up my scent and came after me immediately. It's good anyway i needed to draw them away. As they leapt in the air toward me I let loose with the axe. I got the first one with an overhead swing and followed up with a underhand swing to catch the other. I made good clean decapitations, their bodies hit the ground before their heads do. Not much of a morning exercise but it got the blood going.
"Kia, Kia are you okay?"
"I'm fine Kimon," she said as she slid down the tree. I fought back the urge to bite her head off for leaving out without a weapon. Partially because I was proud to see that she could make it that far without a scratch, with two king rats on her tail no less. Mind you these things are about six feet in length and like 250 pounds. Also it was highly unusual for anything to be around that time of the morning especially two king rats. I just put my arm around her shoulders and we walked home.
Home was a two story house deep in the forest a few miles outside of town. I would have to say that our grandparents or great grandparent or whoever had great foresight.
They built the house right on the creek bank. They designed the basement so that water flowed into a special reservoir. Ensuring that there is a constant supply of water. The structure was good and solid, I think they used nothing but brick and metal.
From what I could remember our parents added on a bunch of stuff to the basement. An armory, a small library, food storage, and weight room.
I checked around outside to see if there was anything else out there. There was the body of an imp laying a few yards out. It must've been the king rats doing. I put strong demons blood on the trees surrounding the house, that usually scares off most things. It must have been wearing off, what's worse is that it isn't very easy to come across. I told myself it would have to wait until we got back. I went back inside to finish preparations.I saw that Kia already had her stuff ready.
I noticed that she was developing into quite a warrior. She was only 5'4 110 lbs but she was already capable of lifting two times her own weight. It always seemed a little weird to me that we could do such things although no one else could. It made me wonder all the more about our parents. They've been gone so long I could'nt even remember what they looked like.
From what I saw of the picture of our grandparents and from what Miss. Hawkins told me they both were brown skinned like us and were very commanding looking. Whatever that means.

"All right, I guess that's about everything," I said as I stuffed my dagger into it's holster. We had about 70 greenbacks and 50 worth of trading materials, it was enough to get about two months worth of food and supplies. We made it into town with no incident, I guess the demon blood still had a little strength left. The town looked emptier than usual, there was definintly something bad in the air.
"Keep your eyes and ears open, Kia."
She nodded, I could tell she sensed it too.
Then I heard a familiar female voice say "Kia! Kia guess what happened."
It was the kind of voice that was soft and innocent on the verge of sexual maturity.
It was Zenobia, one of Kia's friends. Probably her closest friend.
"Kia, I hear something big is happening and the government is gonna send troops to the area."
Then she caught sight of me and in a more sophisticated voice she says, "Oh, hi Kimon I hear you handled that Minotaur by yourself. Five of the strongest guards here couldn't do that." I allowed myself a smirk and said "Well, it wasn't much of a fight really." Kia rolled her eyes and took Zenobia by the arm and said, "Come on Z,tell me everything you've heard."
Zenobia then looks at me softly and says, "Bye, Kimon."
Kia then turns toward me and says sarcastically, "Yeah, bye Kimon."
I waved my hand dismissively at her as they walked off.
Zenobia was a very cute girl with a body beyond her years, I never made a move because of the awkwardness it would put between all of us. I figured I'd give it a few years, maybe one of us would change our minds.
I got about 100 dollars worth of supplies and was about to find Kia when I bumped into Miss Hawkins.
Miss Hawkins was a nice old lady that lived on the edge of town. She helped take care of me and Kia as we were growing up. Because we were different we weren't allowed to live in town. The towns folk thought we were omens that brought evil. Miss Hawkes always helped us, even when she was sick and whiter than she naturally is she gave us something to eat.
"Well look at you, you seem to get bigger every time I see you." I just chuckled a bit and said thank you.
"It looks like it's about time for you to shave, you're 6'2 and 180 pounds of muscle. People will think your're a werewolf. Plus, you don't some scraggily beard to take away from your handsome face," she said as she handed me some fruit. She then chuckled and asked,
"So have you talked with your Uncle today?" I laughed lightly and said, " NO, He hasn't graced us with his presence."
Our uncle, Jacob W Whendom, was a wealthy market franchise owner partially because he inherited alot of money from our grandparents. He and his family lived within the protective walls of North Creora. Sometimes when his in a generous mood he'll decide to go slumming, meet us in town(not at our or his home, of course) and give us enough money to but a piece of dogshit. Gee, where would we have been without him.
" Well, you kids take care of yourselves and make sure you drop by next time your're in town," Miss Hawkins said as she walked off. I liked talking to Miss Hawkins, she reminded me that not everyone in the world in a dick.
Funny, as soon I thought that I heard, "Well, Well if it isn't my favorite nephew." I resisted the urge to say, I'm your only nephew you ass. Instead I turned and said, "Hey Unc, how is everything." It must've been around Christmas time, he had on this ridiculous red and green tailored suit.
"HA HA HA, everything is going great, your aunt and I were gonna check on our store in Whitewind City, when we decided to stop in and say hi to the townsfolk before we left," he said with a smile, "It's such a surprise to bump into you here." I gave a half smile and said, "yes quite a surprise." He looked around with that same ear to ear, watermelon eating smile and asked, "so where is that sweet little Kia, how old is she now 10,11?" I looked at him for a second and responded, "She's 15."
His smile faded a little then came back as he exclaimed, "Hey, there she is!" Kia and Zenobia walked up beside me, needless to say Kia wasn't too enthused to see our dear uncle.
Just to see what kind of lie he can come up with I asked, "So, when can we come visit you?" He let out a nervous chuckle and stammered, "Well you see security Behind the wall is so strict they hardly let anyone in, hell even I have difficulties getting in sometimes, but I assure you as soon as I... And before he could continue on with his crapfest, he was interrupted by by the boom of motorcycle engines.

They tore through buildings and people. Immediately, I could tell thay they were heading my so I turned to Kia and said, "Hurry get her out here now!" Kia pulled out a stilletto and proceeded to take Zenobia to safety. I turned to my Uncle only to see he was already safely behind the wall. I could see that it was an assorted gang of demons, usually demons of one breed only hang around with their own kind.
A couple of guards intercepted two of them, but that still left nine of them I readied my ax for the coming assault. A spinning slash catches the first two, but on the third my ax got lodged its chest. It was a kimph demon, they tend to thicker and squishier than most. You know, like tree sap.
Anyway, the next three rush me before I could get my ax out of the jerks body. It was getting a little hard to concentrate because the combination of blood, guts, gasoline, and drool was sending my nose into overtime. I grabbed a nice size rock and knocked one unconscious before he became a problem. The next two pulled out huge machetes and charged in. I dodged their wild swings easy enough. Their speed and strength didn't worry me but their accuracy was surprisingly deadly. I did a couple of back flips to gain distance and hopefully separate them. The faster of the two was a dog demon with the stench of someones blood on him. He came up slashing away, he attempted to catch me off guard with a back hand handle attack. I caught his knife hand with my left and punched him in the solar plexus with my right. I saw the other one was catching up. I gave the dog an upwards scissors kick followed up by a roundhouse kick which broke his neck with a thick wet crack. The sound drove the other one in a rage, he ran up with arms raised above his head ready to cleave me in half.
I pulled out my dagger and stuck it in his gut. After a quick tuck and roll to my ax, I used it send the better half of the demons head flying. A chunk of blood and brain matter blinded me for second. One of the other demons caught my ax wielding hand with a chain, wile the last two got off their bikes and ran towards me. It never occurred to me how organized their attack was, how thought out. It bit me in the ass soon though. I yanked the chain wieldng demon off of the bike and into an overhand left. Once I freed my hand I gave the first approaching demon a backhand chop and throw the second one into a reverse headlock. Before I could plan my next move I heard Zenobia scream, " Kia, Kia! Oh my god Kimon look they got her!" I look up to see a demon on foot carrying Kia out toward the northern exit of town. Without much thought I snapped the demons neck and attempted to get Kia back. That's when the other two demons grabbed onto me tight. "NO Kia!!!" I yelled. The demons hung on tight, I couldn't go to far with them on me. I never felt so angry, it was almost like my soul was ablaze. I threw them off and stomped the skull of the first one I saw. The sound was similar to a melon being smashed, but I wasn't even listening. The other demon attempted to crawl away, I could smell fear on him. I gripped the top of his head and my fingers broke through his skull without much effort. For the finisher I punched into chest and crushed his heart. I wanted to do much worse but I had to get Kia. I ran toward the woods only to see that they were long gone. I took a second to compose myself, then I realized that it all was a set up. The bikers were just a distraction while another bastard snatched Kia away.

I calmed myself down enough to talk to Zenobia. I walked toward her and said in the best voice possible, "okay, Z, tell me exactly what happened" She sniffled for a minute and said, "well, we were running trying to get to shelter when one of those big demons came at us. Kia fought with him for a minute then killed him. After she killed that demon another came up from behind and shot her with a dart. Before she could hit the ground he grabbed her and ran off." I looked her in the eyes and thanked her. She gave me a hug and began to walk off. She turned around and said, "Kimon please be careful, I'd die if I lost Kia and you." I gave her a smile and said, "Don't worry I'll bring Kia back, I put my life on it." I was always thankful for Zenobia, she was like a sister to Kia when Kia couldn't come to me about something. I suppose they bonded so well because they have so much in common. Zenobia's father died helping to defend the village from a demon attack when she was only two. Her mother died shortly after from grief and an already failing heart. She was then adopted by a famliy that was close to her parents. When her and Kia met is was like they were long lost sisters. I was thinking of a plan when I remembered that I left one demon alive. I went to the chaplin and got a small bucket of holy water and took it over to the demon. I knelt beside him and said, "all right shithead, wake up." After he didn't wake up I gave him a slap in the face. "Wha...what the hell," said the demon in a rage. "Look all of your friends are died and so are you if you don't tell me what I want to hear," I said in a calm voice. He then tried to punch me in the face, but I grabbed his fist and broke it along with his wrist. "AHHH, dammit what do you think you're gonna get out of me huh?" he said defiently. I pulled a small dagger from his boot and said "you're going to tell me where they took my sister." He looked me straight in the face and said,"Fuck you, faggot." "I thought as much," I said before I quickly broke his other hand and proceeded to cut off his eyelid. "Son of a bitch, you think this is gonna change anything I've been through worse than this," he said trying to hold back signs of obvious pain,"plus I'll just back another eyelid" As he is saying this I pick up a large spoon and dip it into the holy water." "I know," I say before I throw the holy water into his exposed eye. "Now let me tell you whats gonna happen tough guy, you going to continue healing then I'm gonna cut your eyelid off again and pour more holy water in," I said as I throw some more water in his eye, " If you don't start telling me something we'll be here all day doing this." Of course I didn't have all day, but I figured he wouldn't hold out much longer. The demon was silent for a second as I saw that his eyelid was growing back. "Okay fine, lets do this the hard way then," I told him before I cut both his eyelids and poured water in both of his exposed eyes. After he stopped screaming and the sizzling stopped he said, "All right God dammit, I'll talk." I didn't show it but I was vastly relieved because the smell of roasting skin and urine was becoming sickening. "We were to take her to ville de morte," he said. " Where the hell is that and who the hell sent you?" I demanded. "It's out pass the blue soul tree right before the great valley," the demon said still trembling, "we were sent by the Maitre."
The name struck me as familiar. "The Maitre huh, he didn't say why he wanted her?" I asked as I put away the knife. With a glimmer of hope in his still sizzling eyes he answers, "No, I swear on Dracula's castle thats all I know."
I looked at him for a second and said, "Fine." Then I snapped his neck, the snap was alot louder than I expected. I picked up the scent of Kia and the boozey stench of the demon.
I was prepared to rush into the woods after her when a familiar voice says,
"remember son, work smarter not harder."
I recognized the voice as my father's, it prompted me to stop and think for a sec. I grabbed one of the bikes and went towards the house. I figured that if they went through the trouble of capturing her alive then they must need her for something which gave me some time.
I was surprised at myself for taking to the machine so naturally. I felt like I was born to ride it. I could probably get there as fast or faster on foot but this saved energy
I hopped off the bike and jumped through an emergency hatch that went straight to the basement. There was a particular book were I saw the name Maitre before. I found it and went straight to the page. Almost as though something was guiding me. As it turns out the Maitre was a vampire. At that point i'd never encountered one and only heard about them through tall tales and legends.
I grabbed all the weapons I needed. A couple of daggers and an axe. I grabbed a thick,hard armor vest that i used a couple of times before. I found it in the woods along with some more stuff in an old building. It had S.W.A.T written on the front of it. I never did figure out what that meant. One of the few things I remember from my time with my parents is how to make a holy water grenade. Funny I don't remember how they looked yet I remember that.
I ran back out and onto the bike. When I made it back to the town i grabbed the bucket of holy water without even stopping. Half a mile into the woods I spotted the tree and decided to go the rest of the way on foot. At this point I picked up Kias scent. This part of the forest was strange, almost evil. It made no sounds. No birds, only cold wind. The air tasted and smelled damp and foul. A combination of mildew and feces. And death.
I finally came upon a swamp. I wondered how long had it been there. The sky above it seemed to be permanently cloudy. As though the swamp was too evil to bear light. Really gave me the creeps. There looked to be a series of building within a brick barrier of some kind. I could smell the spell they put up. It must've been a blockage spell to block the suns rays somehow. From what I heard about vamps, sunlight destroys them. The guard on the front gate was a huge minotaur, fortunately he was wearing a loincloth.
I couldn't find any other way in besides the front gate so I had to figure something out. I went back to the bike and tied some logs to it to give it weight and balance. I pulled it close enough to the city and turned it on. I let it run wild in hopes that the minotaur would leave its post. The idiot did go after the bike, I suppose thats one of the few lucky breaks i'll get. I quickly slipped in unnoticed.
Instantly I felt a tremendous chill. Not just from the brigade of demons running about but also from the fact that the suns rays were blocked out. It seemed like the spell filtered out sun light cause it was still bright inside the complex. I hurriedly slapped the last drops of demon blood on me to mask my scent.I moved through as smoothly and as quietly as I could. I couldn't help but feel curious about the fact that I wasn't given a second look by none of the demons. A drop of demon blood can only go so far. Hell even the col lage of weapons I brought with me should have raised suspicion. But I didn't knock it I just made my way toward the large mansion in the distance which common sense told me I would find Kia and whoever was responsible for her kidnapping.
Walking through the complex I noticed that besides minor disfigurements and the horrible smell of years worth of B.O. the occupants look rather normal. Even the buildings seemed like normal houses that needed fixing up. I stepped on a huge wood board. It had writing on it so I backed up to get a full view of what it said. It said something to the effect of Welcome to Meadow Haven. It probably was the name of this place long ago. I made it to the mansion with no incident. Two human looking guards protected the door so I had to find an alternate entrance. I found a window with no one around it inside or out so I managed to open it and shimmy in. Now this is where it gets fun. It goes without saying that inside it was very dimmly lit, it smelled like someone let off a stink bomb in an old meat house. I was almost brought to tears by the stench. Just as outside the vamps either didn't notice me or just didn't pay me any mind. Then again they were all just laying around sucking on raw meat and sodamizing each other. I checked every room I could they all were either empty or were used as sex rooms. I was ready to revert to plan B and tear through the house kicking ass until I heard a ruckus. "How many times do we have to tell you fang rats to stay out of here," said a huge green skinned soldier type demon with a snout for a nose as he threw a scrawny vamp out a metal door. "I don't care if the boss is a vamp like the rest of you, I'll still kick your asses back to Transylvania," he said as he slammed the door. I thought to myself, "Transylvania? That sounds familiar. Is that where all of these things are from?" I waited a second before going in. Once past the door it was like a completely different place. There was a long brightly lit stairwell and at the bottom I could see that the hallway continued with different hallways branching off to the sides. I was very wary going down the stairs but once at the bottom I rushed to one of the first hallways to the side. It was dimly lit so I could hide there for a second. Two soldiers passed by, they were the same species as the first soldier I saw only smaller. They ran a routine of marching back and forth down the hall. The door at the end of the hall seemed obvious to me to be were they're holding Kia. I went through a different door in hopes that it would lead to a closer path to the door. A couple led to other rooms most led to nothing. It was in one of the rooms that led to nothing where two soldiers walked in. "What the hell are you doing down here vamp," one asked abrasively. The other chimed in calmly, "Ahh ease up, Zargin. You worse than Sergeant Tavden." He looked at me and asked, "you just got lost right?" Thinking of a way out of the situation I only responded with, "Uhh yeah" Satisified with my answer before I even said it he turns around to his parter and says, "See, I told ya. Its the bright lights man, it attracts vamps like candle flies." He continued on for a few minutes it which time I figured that it was going to be more difficult for me to come through a second time. So I did the most logical thing and slit his throat. The second one seemed too dumb founded to respond in time before I was already at him. He raised what I recognized as a gun at me or at least I think it was I've seen picures of them in books. Anyway, I stabbed him in the stomach and threw him towards a wall. I pulled both of they're bodies toward a corner and left out. It seemed real messed up what I dead. He seemed like a nice uh, thing. I suppose karma had the last laugh, because as I slinked down the hallway the one I stabbed in the stomach fell out of the door and let out a ear bleeding screech. Before I could blink the hallway was filled with soldiers various sizes all with bloodthristy eyes fixated on me. Different people say different things in situations like that, I could only think to say. "Oh Shit" And with only that they started down the hall towards me. I readied my battle axe and prepared for the worst. It might also have been karma that no soldiers were behind me but I figured I could only get so far before they caught me. The hallway was too narrow for them to surround me so I ran a few feet, spun around let the first two have it. I could only deliver vertical strikes due to the narrowness of the hall.The first one got a slash through the ribs and the second got chopped from the small of the neck to below the armpit. And I continued my pattern of running and slashing until I got to the door. As I opened it I remembered a grenade that I found with the vest. I threw it into the crowd as I closed the door. The door was pretty thick so I didn't feel most of the explosion. I looked around the room franticly looking for a clue.
It looked like a throne room if I could imagine what one looked like. It was the cleanest room in the house or complex or whatever. As I looked a door opened and a tall slender guy comes walking through. "Who the hell are you child?" he demanded in a raspy french accent. Realizing who it was I payed the tough guy role and said, "I'm pissed off, you must be the Matire." He chuckled and responded, " You're brave child and you've pass my guards. Tell me what do you what?" I raised the axe and said, "I want my sister, asshole. Tell me where she is now!" He looked at me like he saw a ghost. "Your.. your sister? So you are the other half breed. That explains your strengh and skill. But you are still nothing compared to me, I'll crush you none the less." I gritted my teeth and said, "Half breed what the hell you mean by that. Never mind, tell me where Kia is." He laughed heartily and said, "And why should I tell you as opposed to just draining you of your blood." Mind you that I've never faced a vampire before or even knew what they were capable of, but I was so furious at him for kidnapping Kia I didn't care. Also the bastard said he was gonna drain me of my blood, I mean what the hell man thats just weird. "I'll show you why, bastard!" Then a voice called from behind me, "Stay your hand, Kimon. This battle is not for you on this day." I turned to see a short white man with a black beanee and a black full length coat. The Matire curled a hatefull and said in a low voice, "Ahh the cleric, and what brings you to this neck of the woods? I must say with the half breed here your arrival doesn't surprise me. Tell me are you recruiting him for your holy crusade?" The short man said calmly, "It matters not. Tell us where the child is." I wondered to myself who this guy could have been and what was their connection. I also admired this guys guts. "I have a better idea little man," The matire snarled as his face shifted to a ghastly visage. He leapt at us both both forward. The short man shot his left hand foward and shot a blue ball at the monster. When it hit it engulfed the Maitre and turn into a big blue glowing cross. "I shall ask you again, where is the girl?" asked the man without batting an eye. The Maitre reverted back to his regular human form and said out of breath, "The girl is already on her way to Domino City." The man turned to me and said, "Come, we must hurry!" I didn't ask any questions. As we ran through the house I said, "You might want to hop on my back. No offense but I think we'll catch them faster if I'm at the helm." As we approached the front door he says, "That will not be necessary." And outside I saw something incredible. A huge shining object that made weird sounds and blew steam like a raging beast. It was as big as a house and was hovering over the ground. I stopped and stared in desbelief. "What the hell is that thing!" As a door in the side of the gleaming behemoth opened the man says, "Hurry up get aboard. We must hurry if we are to rescue Kia." I nodded once and stepped inside. Inside was like nothing I'd ever seen before. There where seats along the walls and a wide round table in the middle. There were what looked like big T.V. screens on the walls. They were showing different things like monsters, swordsmen, and the like. I grabbed the man by the shoulder and spun him around. "Alright it's about time for some answers. Who are you, how do you know us, why are you helping me, and lastly what the hell did that jackass mean by half breed?" The man adjusted himself and looked me squarly in the eyes. "You're right there are some things that require explaination. First I am Vincent De Santiago, Knight and Cleric of the Kullean Knighthood. The answer to your second and third questions are the same. You and your sister are the children if one of the best knights in the knighthood. He was also a friend of mine. The last question is too complecated to answer right now. Right now lets focus on retrieving your sister. We are nearing her now." As he said that one of the screens showed a long vehicle raoring along a trail. I asked, "Is Kia inside that thing?" He said yes and got ready to say something when I cut him off. "All right, let me out of this thing. I'm going to get her." As he was trying to calm me down he said, " Wait son, we have to land first!" "There's no time!" I said as I kicked the door. Soon it opened on its own. The long vehical seemed ever grander than the ship we were on. I jumped out and on top of it as Vincent yelled some stuff and me. The surface seemed too hard for me to hack through so I looked for another way inside. The wind threated to throw me off and the roaring of the machine plus the wind hurt my ears. I found a hatch that led inside. I kicked threw and found myself in a room filled with those soldier demons. Suddenly I had a feeling of Deja vu. With no way out I just looked around and said, "All right boys, who's first?" Of course they came in on me. The first one get his arm chopped off folled by his head. I kicked one coming up behind me, but his armor arsorbed most of the impact. A wide high swing caught three in the neck. I ducked in time to miss their blood spray. It did catch the demon I kicked, I cut both of his legs and then severed his head as he hit the ground. The last one took aim and prepared to shoot me. I was going to lunge at him before he could shoot or prehaps barrel roll to the side but as I prepared to move I found that my foot was stuck in the thick blood. I was so distracted by my foot being stuck that I forgot about the soldier, all I heard was a sharp whistle like boom before a pain hit my chest. The impact was enough to knock me out of the blood. I could tell that the soldier already thought I was dead so I decided to play possum for a second. He lowered his gun and walked over triumphantly. He pulled a small device from his belt and spoke into it. He said something to the effect of, "The intruder has been taken care of." Once he turned his back I let the axe fly and catch him in the back of the head. I stood up and brushed myself. The smell of the blood reminded me of how powerful my sense of smell was. The door behind me flew open and De Santiago came in. "Ahh just in time. Don't worry I didn't need any help." He gave an exhausted look and replied, "I told you we needed time to land. But you still handled these demons in record time." I thought I was kinda slacking there but whatever. He then said, "all right lets hurry on." The next couple of cars were empty until we finally got to the car where they were holding Kia. De Santiago had a very wary look before going in. "Stop, I fear this maybe a trap," he said while looking through the window on the car door. I had a pretty bad feeling too. "Well, what should we do?" I asked with my arms crossed. I thought for a second and gave a small glass vial and said, "throw this inside." I looked at him and threw the vial in the car. Upon hitting the ground a bright light. In an instant the room was filled with soldiers with Tavin standing right next to Kia. He looked alot bigger up close. De Santiago then said, "As I suspected, they were using cloaking devices of some kind. Here's the plan the lesser soldiers are going to come out here, I'll detain them while you go in eliminate Tavin and get Kia." It sounded simple enough so I agreed. I hugged the wall while the lesser minions rushed out after De Santiago. After they got a good distance away, I moved into the car.
As I walked I realized I might be in for a pretty tough time. He eyed me coldly and I returned the gaze. He clenched a huge gun and I could see a knife on his side that was as big as my arm. He placed one hand on the table that Kia was on and pushed it forcefully to make room. I looked at Kia and looked back at the sergeant and said, "For that I'll keep your head as a trophy." After that the room was silent for a minute. The silence was broken when sergeant inhaled into his huge lungs and let out a glass shattering warcry and began to open fire. I ran up the wall to my right and leapt off. The gun fired rapidly and threated to clip me. I ducked behind a desk. I heard his heavy feet heading in my direction. Then the desk I was behind flys through the air. He then trys to hit me with the gun. I roll out the way and deliver a jumping roundhouse kick. The sergeant shook it off and took aim with his gun. Instinctively I swung my axe and destroyed the gun. The monster raised both arm in the air and prepared to crush me. I gave him the best two hook punches I had and a side kick to the face. It barely phased him as he threw his huge arms around me and began to squeeze. I dropped my axe from the pain and yelled. I attempted to elbow him in the face but that only made him squeeze tighter. Soon I could taste blood in the back of my mouth and I could feel my ribs cracking. I could see a burgeoning look of glee in his eyes as he heard my ribs cracking. So I threw both thumbs into his eye sockets and plucked them out. The scream he let out could be heard for miles. When he dropped me I grabbed the first thing I could get my hands on, which was the desk, and bashed him with it. I grabbed the axe and charged in. When I swung the sergeant caught it lifted both me and it off the ground and slammed me unto a wall. Hearing where I was he came towards me and tried to stomp me. I moved and prceeded to dodge a volley of expertly thrown kicks and punches. I noticed a grenade on his belt and grabbed it. Once I did he hit me in the gut so hard that I spat more than a pint of blood. I picked myself up and tried to collect myself when I saw an opening. When he turned his back I ran up hooked the grenade and jumped as high as I could. He swung at me but missed. In mid air I drew my knife and slashed his throat. The grenade blew and threw him to the ground where a pool of blood formed. I sat down and took a deep breath until I saw him getting back up. I could actually taste the anger aand hate residnating from his breath. Before he could get all the way up I ran for my axe. Once it was in hand I leapt at the now kneeled monster and took his head with all the strength I had left. His head didn't even roll it just plopped down and sat there. I walked over to Kia and wondered if it was the drug that kept her unconscouse time this whole time or was she just asleep. She was a pretty heavy sleeper. I picked her up and turned to the door. There De Santiago was standing with a very impressed.
"Very good, Kimon. It was a bit sloppy but your father would have been proud," he said while walking away. I yelled to him, "whoa whoa, hold on there little fella what do you mean by my father?" He turns to me and says, "I promise to explain every thing but right now we must hurry." We rush to the last carand De Sanitagos ship floats up next to the car. De Santiago jumps over first and beckons for me to toss Kia over. I hesiatanly toss her over then jump over myself. I found a nice soft spot to place Kia. De Santiago drew a deep breath and said, "All right son, I suppose there are things I have to explain." I sat down while saying, "You bet your ass on that." He cleared his throat and said frimly, "I am Vincent De Santiago of the Holy Knighthood of the Demon Slayers. Your father was one of the best we had. He was a former student who rose to equal rank. His name was Arnold Roland." De Santiago had a look os nostalgia when spoke of my father.
"Your father was one of the best swordsmen in the knighthood. He was said to be the one who could defeat the great evil himself. He left the knighthood after he met your mother. Although I can't blame him, she was a marvel unto herself." As he was saying that Kia began to stir and said, "really? tell us about her." De Santiago smiled and replied, "Well your mother was from an ancieant race called the Elureans. It is sadi that the Elureans are a race that predates man and beast some say that they were beings from the stars. Either way they were mans first protectors. Threw the generations the Elureans began to die out and grew weaker. Which made your mother a special case. Although she was of the later generations she was one of the strongest. She was also a warrior above others who called herself only Rose." Kia looked very comforted by that. "Tell me how did our parents look?" I asked as I hugged unto Kia. He leaned his head as if to ponder and said, "Lets see your father was a tall man of 6'3 powerfully built. Brown skinned close to ebony and kept his head shaven. Your mother was like an amazon. Tall, slender yet muscular and very beautiful. Like one would imagine Athena herself looked like. She had dark gold skin, long thick hair, and soul piercing green eyes. Yes, your parent were the very image of perfection and might." I nestled in the image for a second then I brought myself back to reality. "All right, now tell us what is this all about? Whats going on?" I asked sternly." HE looked past us and said, "Years ago, the great evil we call Dracula began to increase in power and started to conquer land across the world. The heads of the Knighthood wanted to launch a strike to halt the evils progress. Your father wisely spoke against it. After your fathers pleas were unheard he left the Knighthood. Then he and your mother became freelance demon slayers. We launched the strike but were defeated soundly. We underestimated the evil's strength and he and his forces destroyed the Knighthood. Only a handful of us escaped alive. Now the evils power and force is beginning to rival that of the Anubins and their Queen. The two already a centuries long feud, nowI fear they are heading to all out war." I looked at him puzzeled and asked, "well why not just let them destroy each other?" He answered, "A war between them would endanger and destroy the human race. That war would drain they life from everything on the planet and worse if Dracula wins. If he was to win it could set the stage for the Ultimate War between heaven and hell. Getting to the point, I'm reorganizing the Knighthood with the goal of destroying the evil before this war can take place. I've already assembled a small contengent of warriors, I now need for you two to join." Me and Kia looked at each other for a sec and thought about it. I could tell she was thinking the same thing. I looked back at De Santiago and said, "sure, under one condition if you could find a way to watch over the village for us." He smilled and said, "Do not worry, as per request from your father I have been already watched over the village for years." With that I could tell that we were in for something huge and we haven't even scratched the surface........

To be continued in part two: A New World, A New Beginning.
© Copyright 2005 TigerKing (tigerpoe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988337-Blood-Feud-Rise-and-Fall