*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988559-The-BIG-Mistake
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #988559
I do something stupid and have to pay for it, BIG TIME...
The BIG Mistake

A NEW story by Bobby G.

Chapter 1: My bad

Okay, so Ive done some stupid things in my time... and Ive very often regretted them. I've made mistakes, I've done things I shouldn't have, but I usually moved on with my life pretty easily afterwards.... well not this time... and it was really such a simple mistake to make... but such a price to pay...

Anyway, this story really makes no sense when I think about it.... but I dont think it was supposed to... I think it was more or less
supposed to teach me a lesson... well, I dont know....

Anyway, here it is.... you ready? You ready to know what my BIG mistake is... it's really quite stupid and something I'm sure almost EVERY teenage guy has done in their life.... I looked at a girl's chest....

Ok, I know Im immature, I know it's somewhat wrong... but still, I never thought she'd do to me what she did.... anyway.... here's how it went....

I was walking into school as usual one morning, just minding my own business, and well.... as I was walking along, let's just say certain matters distracted me... 2 matters, in fact.

See, there's this girl at my school by the name of Brittany Kaplan... mean girl, but nice knockers... so... uh, what can I say, as I walking by I snuck a glance.... but then came something NOONE could expect....

Time seemingly froze between her and I as I felt a strange sensation that made me lock up and stop moving altogether... then came the even STRANGER part....

The next thing I knew... everything was growing around me... I can't even explain it accurately... I was shrinking.... I was 5 feet, then 4 feet, then 3 feet.... I don't even know how much I had shrunk by the end of it... but I was MUCH shorter than a foot tall.

It took a few seconds for it to finally hit me that I was tiny... that I was SO much smaller than everyone and everything else... it wasn't
until I felt myself lift off the ground that I saw how tiny I was....

Brittany had picked me off up the ground like an insect and brought me face to face with her now... I then let out a meek wimper...

"So..." she smiled "Enjoying yourself??"

I was still in shock for a few seconds before I could speak.

"Wh-what did you DO to me??" I asked finally... the only thing I could think of to say.

"Simply put," she sighed "I shrunk you..."

"I....I...can see that..." I gasped, looking down over Brittany's hand to see how high up I was. "But.... why?"

"I think you know why..." she said sternly "You can't go around staring at girls like they're toys for your amusement...."

"Oh..." I gasped "You mean that stare I gave you... oh... no... I mean... I didn't mean that to be hurtful... I just.... I thought it was
flattering... I mean, you have very nice..."

"Just shut up" she sighed at last, not interested in hearing my pleas.

She then began to lower me to the ground "So, as penalty for what you did, Ive decided to leave you this tiny... for a day or 2, anyway... then the spell should wear off...."

"Wait!" I gasped, as she began to walk away now "You can't leave me this small... you can't...."

She was gone, before I could even finish my sentence... and then time started up again and I nearly fainted.

Everyone was HUGE, and their feet were coming right for me as I ducked off to the side of the hallway and clung to the outermost wall for safety. Did Brittany consider that I could DIE at this size?

So, what was I to do? I was out of breath at this point, I felt so hopeless and I knew there was no way I could survive at this size... so I decided the only solution would be to find some help... yeah, thats it... only problem was... I was too stiff to move...

End of chapter 1
-------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2: Getting help

Anyway, as anyone could see... I was the one who was COMPLETELY innocent here... okay, not completely... but I mean.... they were such nice... I mean, just a peek??? I didnt think she'd NOTICE a peek...

Sorry, I just have a lot on my mind... as I would imagine anyone at a few inches tall would have... you know, normal stuff like....

Will I be stepped on?

Will I be eaten?

Will I be chased after, or tortured?

Will I ever be normal size again?

Will anyone be able to help me?

Y'know, normal teenager stuff...

So, needless to say, I was freaked as hell about this, and I didn't move at all for what seemed like hours, except for some nervous twitches. I just couldnt get over the sheer size of everything around me as I paced around nervously. It was amazing how nobody even looked down and saw me... noone even knew what had happened to me....except Brittany that is, and she probably was glad about that.

Who? Who could I get to help me? I wondered to myself. If Brittany was telling the truth and I would be restored in a couple days, I would just need a friend of mine to keep me safe until then.... someone.... someone I could trust, someone I....

Kim! Of course.... I could find my friend Kim to help me... But where was she? And how was I gonna find her? I noticed after awhile the massive traffic in the hallways began to clear up. The first bell was ringing now, so everyone was scrambling to class.... but where was Kim's first class? Even if I knew, it could take 2 days alone just for me to walk all the way down there...

Then, finally, I remembered!

First block she had study hall, but she always went to the library. Still, the library would be a long way for me to walk, so I decided to start walking now.... of course I would only have about 82 minutes to get there, and I was only 3 inches tall.

As I was walking, I gasp in fear and ran to the corner of the hall for safety as someone came darting in on a skateboard, which was about the size of a jumbo jet!

I wasnt that close to it but I didn't want to take any chances, so I ran as fast as I could, but tripped and my heart almost stopped as I saw someone's foot come down next to me.

Startled, I got back up slowly and took another look around. I had been shocked and disoriented at this point and had to regain my bearings before I could continue. After my near-death expierience, what would be my first of many, I continued along, feeling anything but confident at this point. How could Brittany do this to me?

By the time I got near the library it was already 9:00.... I couldn't believe it! I had taken more than an hour to get down the hallway and the class ended in about 10 minutes so I had to hurry... unfortunately the door was huge and there was no way I couldve been able to open it.

Luckily, a girl walked by now, and opened the door to get herself in. I quickly dashed in after her, nearly getting hit by the door myself.

Well.... now what? I sighed, continuing on my way. Even if Kim was even here, I would have to get her attention somehow... and I was now a bug compared to everyone and everything else in this room. The front desk stood above me like a mountain and the tables were like buildings.

Then I saw Kim.... she was sitting at a table in the middle of all this stuff, forcing me to go through the massive crowd going through the library. I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself, then dashed forward, being lucky enough to have a clear opening. I clung to the table leg and was out of breath from all this. I almost wanted to collapse but I still had the hard part... getting to Kim.

I wasn't really athletic, even at my normal size, so this would be hard, but somehow I had to climb up the table to get to her. So I wrapped myself around the table leg and began to shimmy up it.

Then I managed to climb myself up to the table, where I heard Kim's voice amplified a thousand fold. She had tons of books on the table and appeared to be stressed, as if she was studying for a big test.... oh, thats right... there was a big history test today... but for me, EVERYTHING was big, so I hadn't even remembered it.

"Oh my god..." I heard Kim sigh "I'll never get all this studying done..."

As she skimmed through a book, I ran towards her, trying to get her attention but my feeble voice was almost too soft to be heard, and Kim seemed pretty distracted so I would have to somehow get her attention.

"KIM!!" I screamed up again. This time, I got her to at least stop reading and look around for a second, but then she got back to reading in a few seconds, so I shouted again.

"What?" she gasped "Whats going on?"

She seemed confused but then she looked down and gasped to see me standing before her at my miniscule size.

"No..." she gasped "Bobby? Youre not really here.... I mean... this is impossible...."

"Kim.... its really me..." I said "Just....smaller...."

"No...." she gasped again, refusing to believe this "I must be hallucinating from all this studying... Im seeing things now...."

"Kim.... its not impossible..." I sighed "Well, actually I thought it was too, before today, but LOOK AT ME!"

"Bobby?" she gasped, finally realizing what had happened "Bobby... you're... you're...."

"Tiny?" I asked.

"Well, I was gonna say really small, but tiny works" she said.

I sighed in depression "Kim you have to help me...."

"Sorry, I couldnt hear you...." Kim said, bringing her face closer to me. I backed off a little in fear, but then spoke to her louder.

"I said, you have to help me!!" I shouted to her.

"Uh...sure..." she said, seeming a little frazzled anyway, but this had really surprised her beyond belief. "But....how?"

"Well... I uh.... how do I say this....?" I asked "You know, Brittany Kaplan?"

"She SHRUNK you?" she gasped "That BITCH, when I get my hands on her, I'll.... nobody goes around shrinking my friends, I mean, what is with that?"

"No, Kim..." I sighed, trying to get her to quiet down before she aroused too much attention around her "I guess I deserved it... I kinda looked.... looked at her boobs...."

"Why would you look at hers?" Kim said, being quieter now "Shes a bitch...."

"I couldnt help myself...." I sighed "Damn hormones..."

"Well... well....dont worry..." Kim said, panting, seeming nervous herself. I backed away as she reached her hands out for me, trapping me around her arms. "I wont hurt you...."

"I know..." I sighed, settling into her palm now "Im just nervous...."

"I cant blame you...." Kim said, now lifting me off the table "But dont worry... I'll keep you safe..."

"Well, luckily, this spell wears off in 2 days" I said "So hopefully... Ill be back to normal size by then..."

"Well thats good" Kim said, "In the meantime, I'll keep you in my pocket...."

Kim seemed really stressed out as it was, so I was glad I was able to get her to help me with everything else going on in her life and whatnot. She hurriedly scrambled all her books together as the second bell rung. Everyone was charging out of the library, and I ducked deeper into Kim's pants pocket to avoid all the racket. It was a little hot in there but I should be safe, even at my size.

Unfortunately as Kim was scrambling out into the hallway, I slid out of her pocket and screamed out loud as I hit her shoe and bounced off onto the floor...

So I was back where I started now, and had to avoid being stepped on as everyone was coming out of the library now....

After the hallways grew quieter, I realized... I was in HUGE trouble now... I was 3 inches tall, in the middle of the hall and noone was here to help me now... I had to either find Kim or find someone else... but Kim was probably all the way on the other side of the school by now....

So I decided to press onward to find more help....

-----------------------------------------End of Chapter 2

Chapter 3: Ashley

I decided to try and find Ashley, but at this point I felt dizzy and disoriented. Even though I was more than familiar with the halls of my school, seeing them from such

a freaky point of view....

If I could find Ashley, though, perhaps then I could get SOME help, but I was still worried,.... what if Brittany had lied to me and I WOULDNT get back to normal

size? What then? Would I just spend the rest of my life running and hiding in fear? Living off cookie crumbs and always being afraid of being stepped on? That was

no way to live and I didnt plan to.... well at least, not now....

So I kept running, ducking behind people's feet and occasionally having to catch my breath. This was really not easy... it was taking me SOOO long just to cover

what would normally be short distances. Luckily the next bell rings and soon enough the hallways are almost completely clear. I wait for this to happen before walking

again. The next class had started but if I started walking to Ashley's next classroom by now, maybe I could get to her before the class was over in 80 minutes...

And thus, I stumbled along the hallway now, worn out, out of breath, hungry, thirsty.... just generally tired... and I definitely sick of being 3 inches tall, as everyone

would imagine.

Finally, I was able to get to Ashley's classroom... but just as the bell rang -- I was too late!

Then, I ran back as far as I could in the short time before several feet began pouring out of the classrooms. Craning my head up to see these giants' faces, I saw

Ashley walking out and tried running after her as fast as I could, but she was SOOO fast... and I was so tiny. I finally grabbed her pant leg, but she seemed to feel

nothing as she simply dragged me along. I could feel my grip slipping off the denim, but I fought to hold on.

Finally, she seemed to stop, to tie her shoe or something. I took this oppurtunity to quickly run around to her front side and yell up to her.

"ASHLEY!!" I yelled "YO ASHLEY!!"

Finally, I saw her hesistate to continue, then look down and gasp... backing away quickly at the sight of my tiny size.

"B-Bobby?" she gasped, unable to even believe it "Is... is that you?"

"Yes..." I sighed, as she knelt down in front of me now "It's me... little ol' me...."

"But... how did....?"

"I stared at a girl's boobs!!" I just said, not feeling like explaining the whole thing again.

She chuckled as she picked me up into her hand and now stared down at me. "Serves ya right, you little pervert.... and I DO mean little...."

She then proceeded to laugh a little more before showing any concern.

"So... you alright?" she asked finally.

"I guess..." I said, trying to stand up on her hand, but falling back down to my lying position "But I just need someone to be kept safe.... until a couple days...

supposedly this will wear off...."

"Hmmm..." Ashley said, "How about my purse?"

"What?"

"I could keep you in my purse...." she went on "I have to get to class anyway so..."

Next thing I knew, I was dropped into her purse, among the makeup and her giant cell phone. There really wasn't much room for me anyway, but I decided to live

with it. It was safer than being on the ground, for all to step on.

Then, she took me down to her locker and put the purse, with me in it, inside.

"WAIT!" I shouted "You can't leave me in here..."

"Oh, its fine...." Ashley said "It's only for a little while... I have lunch now... I never bring my purse, so I'll just leave you in there for a while...."

"FINE..." I sighed "But bring me back some food...."

"Ok" she replied cheerfully and slammed the locker door in my face.

So now I was in the dark.... and it was pretty dark in Ashley's purse anyway, but there was almost no light to break through that darkness now, except for the small

amount of light that crept through the grates in her locker door. I couldn't believe any of this... but I figured as long as there was nothing else to do... to take a nap.

I woke, about an hour later and I was moving now, and could see some light peek through the purse. I mustve overslept and Ashley was taking the purse to her next

class. I looked to my side to a see a small cookie crumb but it was about half the size of my whole body now! I grabbed it excitedly and started to eat, when I felt her

drop her purse finally. I was in band class now...

Oh well, I sighed, things could be worse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------End of Chapter 3
Chapter 4: This sucks

Okay, so let's recap... in case some of you have just started

reading this... me = small... Brittany = a bitch. Basically, all you

need to know is that in an ironic twist of fate, I stared some girls'

boobs and my fate was to be reduced to a size SMALLER than

the boobs I stared at!

I was now humiliated and forced to grovel to my now giant friends,

hoping to find a place to hide out until I would regain my normal 5

foot 7 inch height. Now I found myself cowering in my friends'

purse.

She had just put it down in her band class and I looked up fearfully

as the band began to strum up a tune. It was so LOUD! I could

feel the vibrations underneath me. The whole floor seemed to

shake, but there wasnt much I could do. I cling on to the wall of the

purse. It was quite crammed in here, stuck between a compact

mirror and a lipstick. This was no way to live...

At the end of class is when the trouble began again. I figured, I

sleep the majority of the time over the course of 2 days and

hopefully wake up my old tall self, but as always in life, it cant be

THAT easy!

Ashley yanks her purse up, and runs off to talk to some friends

after class. I almost think she had forgotten about lil ol me, as she

shows no disregard for my safety in doing this, and I find myself

flipping out of the purse. I scream and yelp as loud as I can, but

Ashley's too preoccupied to notice. I slide downwards in the air

and grab onto the one bit of hope I have, the straps of her purse,

but its useless, I lose my grip quickly and land on the hard felty

floor of the band room. I was in pain, both physically and

emotionally, especially when I heard the terrible sound of the band

room door closing. I was locked in... AGAIN!

I couldn't believe how much I had been getting thrown around... as

bad as I may have made Brittany feel when I took my little glance...

I felt even worse as I had been made into a useless toy by her, and

how she was even able to shrink me defied all logic but still...

things, as I mentioned, would get much worse.

I should mention that I really hurt my ankle when I fell just then, I

mean really hurt it. Ashley was only a little more than 5 feet tall and

her purse, from where I had been was only a few feet off the floor,

but you try multiplying that proportianally to my size... and it's

about a 10 feet fall, equivalent to jumping out of your second story

bedroom window, if not a little more. I wasn't too bad though, and

in fact I was shocked I survived without too much injury.

I limped under the shade of a band chair and sighed, looking down

at my wounded ankle. It wasn't broken, just hurt a lot to walk on it,

but I could still walk. I decided to take a breather though, and

leaned against the cold steel beam that was the chair leg.

Just then, the door clicked and began to open. I ducked behind the

chair leg like a frightened kitten as I watched a huge machine roll

out before me, with a cord that rattled behind it. The janitor had

come into the band room with a vacuum. Well.... you all know

what happens next.

My weak ankle and I limp over to the corner of the room, behind

some massive bongoes, and I do mean massive, even by normal

people's standards. I, however, was no longer a "normal" person, I

had been made into a bug basically, a really intelligent bug that

would have to find a way to not get sucked up.

I ran along the walls of the room, but see, the band room had an

interesting format. While most of the floor was on the same level,

that was a slightly step down. Now, this step wasn't much more

than a foot but on my weak ankle and at my size... well.... you do

the math.... cuz I suck at math.

The janitor continued to unravel the long vacuum cord, and plugged

in the mammoth cleaning device. I retreated back to my hiding

place, hoping maybe the vacuum wouldn't find me. The janitor

rolled the machine forward, it's squeaky wheels sounding ominous

and deadly as I awaited him to turn it on.

I decided to try going around the other way. Just then came an ear

shattering noise that made thinking almost impossible. The vacuum

engine boomed on and I was nearly blown away by the sound

alone. I was practically frozen and I felt my ankle give out, so I

knelt on one knee, hiding under the bongos, but still able to see

what was going on.

I gasped a few times as the vacuum neared me, then pulled away,

then neared me, then pulled away again. Okay, I get it... Im sorry,

Im sorry I looked at her boobs! That's no reason to kill me!!

Sorry, sorry.... anyway, the vacuum was going to get under the

bongos eventually, it was inevitable. So I forced myself up, even on

my weak ankle and began to hobble away. I got 2 steps out from

under the bongos when I saw the vacuum. After a brief pause I

ran, yes ran, as fast as I could around to the other side of the room

where there was a ramp I could run down. The vacuum motor

grew louder. I wasn't sure if it was the vacuum just getting closer or

my own fear just getting the best of me, but I ran down the ramp,

and then felt my ankle lock up again and cowered beside the ramp,

where I wasn't visible to anyone. I then got up and hobbled

towards the door, but wait... I was too SMALL to open it... damn

it.

The vacuum was circling back my way, but I wasn't worried

anymore, I could escape it as it was going pretty slow and my main

worry now was getting out of here... I just prayed that

SOMEONE would show up and open the door... and they did....

but they opened the wrong door...

From the other side of the room, I heard the door open and started

running towards it. Brittany, another girl named Brittany, not the

same one, had come back into the band room to get some books

she had left. I ran after her, having to go triple her speed to keep

up. I saw my oppurtunity slipping away, so I jumped and hoped to

the good lord I could make it through the closing door.

I did and I had made it out now, into the hallways, which weren't

too crowded now. This whole affair had taken over 30 minutes,

and I would have to be small like this for at least another couple of

days. I sighed and without even thinking walked into the first door I

saw crack open.

End of chapter 4----------------------------------------------

Chapter 5: Did I mention I hate gym class?

Ugh, just my luck, I thought as I stumbled into the room that I had

gone into so willingly. It was gym class, normally my worst

nightmare anyway, but now even worse. I turn to head back but

my heart sinks to see the door has closed to seal me inside.

I walked forward slightly and then.... BAM!

I was nearly scared out of my shoes... scratch that, I was scared as

hell! Try having a giant foot land right near you. I was almost a

permanent fixture on the young girls shoe sole, as the group of kids

ran by, taking laps around the gym. I cowered in the nearest

corner. Luckily the gym was probably the biggest room in the

whole blasted school and since I was the smallest kid in the

school...well Id have plenty of room to navigate.

I gasped for breath and decided to get back to my mission, but

what was my mission? Where was I really planning on going? What

could I do? I was tiny, and would probably stay that way, as

Brittany said, another couple days, assuming she wasn't lying... oh

there was no way in hell I was going to stay this small forever...

I began sulking when a large shadow was cast over me and then

passed by. I looked up and gasped... holy crap, was that Krista?

Krista was a good friend of mine, who I used to tease all the time

that she was short. She was about 4'11, but she was now giant

compared to me. I couldnt believe it! I could barely look up to see

her face. At first, I cowered away, but Krista was friendly, she

wouldnt hurt me... intentionally anyway, but at the same time, I was

kind of embarassed to be seen by anyone like this...

I struggled with the decision but decided to go talk to her anyway,

easier said than done. She leaned against the bleachers, awaiting

the end of gym class. I ran over and started tugging on her pant leg.

Nothing... I groaned and looked up, I then shouted her name, that

kind of got her attention

"Hello??" she said, looking around, every way but down

"Down here!" I screamed, sort of afraid of the reaction I would get

when or if she found me so tiny. Finally, she glanced down for a

second, double took and then glanced down again.

"Bobby??" she said, her voice hushed and silent as she sort of knelt

down. Even kneeling she was quite a bit larger than me. That

seemed to be the general reaction to my size now, the gasped

"Bobby..." with a gaze of pity and sympathy. "You're so...so...."

"Tiny? Small?" I sighed.

"Short" she said, with a chuckle.

"Ha ha, I know, sweet irony, Krista, the shorttest girl in class is

now towering over me, I know..." I said, pacing around nervously.

Suddenly she put her hand down in front of me, and I had to stop.

I looked up at her questioningly, part afraid.

"That is so cool!" Krista chuckled and turned her hand inward a

bit. I backed off a bit "Cm'here..."

She then proceeded to pick me up. I trembled as she stared down

at me. This was not a good feeling, being lifted. I was about the

size of her hand.

"Wow, youre like..doll size..." she said.

"Im not a doll!!" I screamed, I was ready to cry almost, all I had

done was stared at a girl's breast for what, 3 seconds? This was

awful "Please...put me down, keep me safe, do something, help me

out, Im scared..."

"Okay okay, calm down" Krista said "I was only teasing..."

"Well its not funny..." I sighed.

"Okay okay..." she said, "Ill put you in my gym bag..."

Great. Another bag, I havent fared too well in carrying cases so

far. Ive already dropped out of one purse, one pocket and now a

gym bag? Krista heads into the girl's locker room to get changed.

As tempted as I am to sneak a peek through the hole in the bag, I

decide not to, after all, thats what got me into this mess. Wait,

there's a hole in the bag?

"KRISTA! NO!!" I gasped and slipped through the hole, landing

on the girls locker room floor. Whoa! They got couches here? And

mirrors? Damn, it smells really nice in here. At this point Krista is

nowhere to be seen, she turned a bend and I couldnt seem to catch

up. What I did find around the corner however was much worse...

BRITTANY KAPLAN!!

I was standing just feet away from her as she finished dressing. I

gasped as she turned my way. I was frozen stiff as she slammed

her locker door shut and approached. Oh no!! She had seen me. I

started to run but she knew by now who it was, after all, how many

tiny guys had there been in this school? Her hands surround me,

and 2 of her fingers restrain me like pliers, clutching me tightly. I

scream and kick, but she has no mercy. She releases her vice grip

and drops me into her cold unforgiving hand.

"Brittany...I...."

"You pervert!!" she growled, in a low voice so noone could hear

her. She then carried me into a darker corner of the locker room

so noone could see. I was scared as hell, my heart was racing as

she knelt now and put me down in front of her. I was tempted to

run under her legs to escape but she might squish me before I get

the chance. All it would take is a quick flick of the wrist. She

removed from her left pocket a pouch. I backed off more.

"Well Bobby..." she said, shaking her head "Youve given me no

choice.... you seem to enjoy being small, huh? Using it to spy on

girls in the locker room??"

"No... NO!!" I gasped, I didnt like where this was going. She then

pours some of the pouch out into her palm. Its a blue sparkling

dust. I really didnt like where this was going. "You dont

understand...let me...explain..."

"No way, I dont listen to perverts" she says "Especially ones that

are 3 inches tall and about to stay that way..."

"What?"

"Yeah the spell wouldve lasted for a couple days but once I

sprinkle you with this magic dust, youll be small forever, but dont

worry youll be able to spy on all the girls you want, tiny pervert!"

she growled. I gasped and tried to escape but she grabbed me and

held me tight. I thought I was going to die. She brought the dust

closer.

"NOOO! PLEASE!!" I screamed up to her, she didnt budge, only

continued to sprinkle and then I felt the cold dust "NOOOO!!

PLEASE STOP!! NOOO, DONT DO THIS TO ME!!"

"For he who enjoys staring at breast, may he stay smaller than the

rest... may he never stare never again, now that hes shorter than a

ball point pen.... may he get a prom date never, because he will be

small FOREVER!!"

Then there was a flash... I screamed through it all but it seemed it

was over for me, I was stuck small... what now? I started to sob.

Brittany slowly released her grip on me.

"See ya, pervert... oh wait, I wont!" she said, "Because Id need a

MAGNIFYING GLASS!!"

"No, please...!" I sobbed, as she lowered me to the ground now.

"Please...."

"Its too late for pleas..." she said, "Youre small forever... get used

to it..."

Then she took off and faded into the distance. I broke into tears.

Just then I saw Krista from behind me, she knelt down and patted

me on the back with one of her fingers.

"Bobby..." she said "Whats wrong?"

"Im small forever!" I cried.

End of Chapter 5

Chapter 6: The plan

"Oh my god, this is terrible" Krista said, laying me down on the bench in the girls locker room "Im so sorry..."

"Not your fault..." I sighed

"Yeah but if I hadn't left you out..."

"No, I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time..." I sighed, slowly adjusting to the fact that even my shortest best friend was a giant compared to me.

"So you can NEVER get big again?" Krista asked.

"Thats what she said" I sighed "I hope I dont get squished..."

"I wont let you get SQUISHED" Krista said.

"Thanks, but I dont know what I can do... now that im little forever"I sighed.

"For some reason, I dont think she would do that..." krista said.

"Shes Brittany KAPLAN!" I screamed, still in tears.

"Hey...hey..." Krista said, frowning a bit as she looked down upon me, "Everything's going to be fine, you'll see... and something tells me there's still a cure..."

"You're always over optimistic..." I sighed.

"You want me to help you or do you want to get squished?" Krista sighed with frustration.

"Ok fine..." I grumbled, "maybe there's a cure..."

"How do you think she does it?" Krista then asked, "I mean, how do you think she shrinks people?"

"Well just now she sprinkled some kind of blue dust on me..." I told her, "But that dust just KEPT me small..."

"Hmmmm..." Krista said, getting up off her knees and beginning to pace around the locker room, "Maybe she has a dust then, that could unshrink people... maybe thats how shes doing it all..."

"Even if thats true..." I went on to say "We'd have to find the dust that cures me..."

"Yeah..." Krista said, suddenly halting in her speech. She picked me up off the bench and walked around with me towards a locker on the other side of the room, "This is her locker right here..."

"Yeah, but its locked..." I sighed.

"Yeah, but there's a crack under the door small enough for you to crawl through..." Krista suggested, knowing that I wasnt exactly keen on the idea. I glare at her for several seconds before she finally yells, "Well I dont see you coming up with any better ideas!"

So I let her put me down and I struggle to get under the crack. Even at my size, it was hard and I was even more afraid I wouldnt be able to get back through and would be trapped in her locker. It was very dark in there, as I looked around at the 4 walled prison that now surrounded me. I look straight up and see a couple sweatshirts hanging from a hook, and higher up, a couple of brasierres and tank tops, but I dont see anything of interest, until I notice a gleaming coming from the pocket of one of the black sweatshirts hanging on the hook. There was no way I could reach that. Just then I hear sounds like footsteps fading away. I grow scared and feel my heart start beating faster and faster. I no longer heard Krista's voice and then another set of footsteps appeared to grow louder.

"Krista...?" I whispered, in case someone else had been there too, "Krista???"

Just then, the door opens and Brittany's giant figure reveals itself to me, as I back away, hiding in the corner of her locker door. If she were to spot me in here, she might make me microscopic and keep me in a petri dish for the rest of my life! I ducked under the shadows of her clothes, as she casually removed the black sweatshirt from the hook. I sighed with relief as she begun to shut the door again. Just then, as I was shut back in, I heard Krista and Brittany talking, but I couldnt completely make out what was being said. After I was sure Brittany's voice had faded off for good, I shouted again

"Krista!!"

"I got it Bob!" I heard her say in a sort of loud whisper that was still able to penetrate the locker door, "You can come out now"

I crawled out slowly and Krista picked me up. In her other hand hung a silk pouch of the powder we were looking for.

"How did you get that?" I asked.

"Easily, I distracted her and took it out of her pocket" Krista said, chuckling "She isnt very smart..."

"Indeed" I said, cracking a smile myself, "So what do we do with it? I mean, we dont know what it does for sure..."

"Good point" Krista said, "But how do we test it?"

"I think I have an idea..." I said.

Okay, so it wasnt the best idea, but that afternoon, after school, Brittany was walking by, when I had Krista yank her into the janitors closet. She screamed and protested, but she couldnt escape as Krista began to sprinkle blue dust on her head.

"No!!" she screamed, slapping Krista away, but it was too late for her, as Krista slammed the door and she began to shrink shorter and shorter "Th-This cant be happening!! No!!! NOOO!!"

I almost chuckled seeing the little bitch get littler. She looked down to see how close she was to the ground, then up to see how tall Krista was now, and started to scream and bitch and throw a mini tantrum, now only a couple inches high. Krista reached down and plucked her off the ground like a bug, as she was screaming and kicking in her hand.

"Let go of me!! Put me down!!! You cant treat me like this!!" she screamed.

"Well listen," Krista yelled "You cant treat my friends like this"

She then put her down next to me. I smiled nervously, but Brittany folded her arms turned away from me.

"Hey, I dont care, Brittany" Krista said, "You want to hold a grudge, go ahead, I have all day, but just remember, youre gonna be tiny forever until you make up with him or something, now surely you must have a cure for this"

"Ok, fine" Brittany said "I do"

"Good, then youll give it to us?" Krista asked.

"Not to him"

"Well then I guess youll be small forever, have fun with that" Krista said, picking me up but not her "At least Bobby has his friends to help him, you just have rats and other things to eat you... well see ya little, small girl"

As I looked back at Brittany, I saw tears swell in her eyes, but that was the point. Krista wasnt really going to leave someone like that, even if she had deserved it, so we waited until she finally broke down.

"Ok ok!!" she screamed "Ill take you to the antidote, just take me with you!!"

So, we took her to the girls locker room where she told us to.

"Its in my locker" she sighed, "put me down and Ill get it out, its on the lower shelf where I can reach it"

So Krista put her down and she went inside her locker, coming back with a pouch of powder. She then began to run with it.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Krista asked.

"Wouldnt you like to know?" she chuckled. She ran behind some lockers and came out normal size.

"Uh-oh..." I gasped.

"Hey!" Krista shouted, "Let him use that antidote too!!"

"I dont think so" Brittany smiled evilly "And now... youre getting shrunk!!"

Brittany threw some dust on Krista and she starting shrinking down to my size.

"Oh fudge..." Krista sighed, now miniature.

Brittany picked us both up, looking down at us and laughing. "HA HA HA, pretty resourceful Krista but you made a mistake in trusting me... I AM a bitch"

"I told you" I whispered to Krista.
© Copyright 2005 Bobby G. (sonicfan287 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/988559-The-BIG-Mistake