*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/989880-Daydreams
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #989880
This is what I wish I came home to.
Wow, didn't expect to see you on tonight. I was sure you'd be sleeping by now as many times as you told me you were tired.

Yeah... I tried to go to sleep and then I couldn't. Too much on my mind I think.

Why? What are you thinking about?

Well, you... me... us.

What about us?

I don't know. Wondering where things are going I guess.

What did you come up with?

I don't know...

Well, what do you know?

I know that I always have fun when you're around. I know that when you smile at me I get butterflies. I know that I don't deserve you. I know that you're the first woman who has ever made me want to be a better person.

That's a good start.

Well is this just me or do you have some of this going on too?

It isn't just you, I feel the exact same way. I have for a long time, I just didn't know how to ever do something about it. Not to mention how I am a little scared.

Why are you scared?

I'm scared you're going to be your usual self and do something to mess it up. Which could ultimately end in us not even being able to be friends anymore and I wouldn't like that very much.

I know, I've thought about that a lot. I have such a hard time keeping myself in check and no matter how much I've cared about someone, I have always found a way to break her heart. I don't want to do that with you, I want to take this slow and actually take the time to help myself change.

I'm just so afraid of getting hurt.

Will you at least give me a chance? Let me show you that I am worth your time.

I've never even once thought you weren't worth my time you should know that. I have always believed in you and backed you 100%.

Do you have any idea how badly I wanted to kiss you tonight? I about lost my mind.

Why didn't you?

To be honest, I was scared you would push me away and then I would feel like a total loser.

I wouldn't have pushed you away, just so you know.

I'll have to remember that.

I would if I were you.

So, does taking this slow and easy sound okay to you? Give ourselves time to keep control of what's going on? I really don't want to give up on this, whatever it is.

I think I could handle that.

Good.

Good.

Well, I guess this is goodnight then?

For now, just for now.

Goodnight, love.

© Copyright 2005 Amazon Woman (techieluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/989880-Daydreams