*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/990729-The-very-kind-Princess-Annabelle
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #990729
May need a little work. Just came up with it last night with the kid.
A very long time ago, in a very far away country, lived a princess with her mother and father. Her name was Annabelle.

They lived in a very large stone castle. They had to, because the princess, though very kind and sweet, was of a monstrous size.

Annabelle was so large she could barely walk. Her legs were like short fat tree trunks, so fat she could not even bend them. Her belly hung so low over her waist they had to make a special belt for her princess' dress six inches wide just to hold it up.

Annabelle had no friends in the kingdom, so she occupied her lonely days with food. When ever the servants or her parents saw her, Annabelle was eating. Her parents knew they should not allow Annabelle to eat so much, but they loved the sweet princess so much they could not say no to her.

As you can guess Annabelle was very unhappy. She longed to play with the children she saw from her castle bedroom window. But she was very afraid how the children would laugh and make fun of her when they saw how giant she was.

One day Annabelle was looking out her window when she saw a small little girl in ragged clothes sitting by herself under a tree as the other children played their games. Annabelle could see that the girl was very thin and looked very hungry. So when the servants brought up more food for Annabelle to eat she told them to bring the food to the little girl under the tree. So they did.

The little girl under the tree was so grateful for the food she asked to see the princess to say thank you. But the servants refused, knowing how the princess felt about visitors.

That night the little girl whose name was Katrina worried that the princess would not know truly how grateful she was, so she came up with a plan. Katrina woke herself very early in the morning and snuck to the castle. She tiptoed past the sleeping guards and searched the cold stone castle until she found the AnnaBelle's bedroom. She knocked on the door and told the princess who she was and how she wanted to tell her how wonderful the food was that the Annabelle gave her.

Because the Annabelle was so kind she could not turn Katrina away and allowed her to come in and see her. Katrina entered the large room, and rushed to Annabelle giving her as big a hug as she could muster. This shocked Annabelle, she was waiting for Katrina to laugh at her. But Katrina only smiled and told her how wonderful a princess she was.

Soon Annabelle and Katrina became best of friends. Katrina told Annabelle about all the hungry children of the village. So Annabelle decided to give all but a small portion of her food to the children. Everyday Annabelle would send her new friend Katrina down to the village with huge amounts of food to feed the hungry children.

It wasn't long before Annabelle began losing the weight and was thin enough to walk and even run. Princess Annabelle was so happy she joined her friend to deliver the food one day. All the towns people cheered Annabelle and Katrina, together they had save the village from starving.

That day and every day that followed all the children, Annabelle, and Katrina played together on the castle lawn and became best of friends.
© Copyright 2005 xtina529 (xtina529 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/990729-The-very-kind-Princess-Annabelle