*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/991880-Plea-for-help
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #991880
In this, a kindly old bard pleas to his audience for some much needed help.
Put in an auto-reward just to try and catch some eyes, hopefully your insight may ease the burden on this troubled soul.
--------------------------------------------------

Hello my good friends. Hello to you all. Welcome, welcome, come sit in front of the fire. It’s a nasty night to be out and about. So sit, relax, have a mug of ale.

Now that you’re here, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you for a bit of help. Over the last few months I have declined in my aptitude of weaving the tales of my bardic trade, and this has grieved me o so much. Not a day went past when I did not yearn for the ability to tell a tale that would captivate my audience, and make then beg for more. Yet with all that, I just always got sidetracked and never was able to tell a tale, sing a song, or simply play a tune.

Then one morning I walk into this fine inn and notice that my bardic status had been recently upgraded by some nice chap whom I must thank full heartedly, yet I know not a name to call him by. It is because of this that I have called you all in here on this dark night.

I wish to pick up the trade again, and I'd like your help in doing so if you would be oh so kind. You see, I have so many ideas bouncing around in this old noggin of mine, which I just can't pick one string out and go with it. That’s where you come in. For those of you who have never heard of any of my work, please go to http://Writing.Com/authors/korthac and review some of my work. There I have two stories that can be expanded. One of Malere and his fellow who find themselves stranded on a land that is bizarre and frightful. The other about an assassin who is not who he seems.

Other tales two are swirling in this old head of mine. A whole world it seems is in there, ready to be cultivated and birthed, yet I do feel like honing my skills a bit before I take on that mighty task. Though I would be interested in writing a few short stories from it, and possibly develop some history. Another a tale of an orc who tries to find his way through life. The final one is a twist between modern times and fantasy. All of these and more I would love to tell for you, I just can't decide which.

These are not the only things I can write. Not only stories, but poetry about anything at all. I will literally tell a tale about anything that you wish, I am just a humble bard, yet I again plea for your assistance. I tell mostly fantasy stories, high-fantasy at that, but will go into others as well. Thank you all for your time.

--------------------------------------------------------
I do not have much gift-points left, but some will be given out to those that help, I just would like to make it a fluid thing. The more help you give, the more points, it’s that simple. I would be most interested if I cultivate a few followers who are interested in my work and are able to give some nice criticism. But mainly I'm just hoping to get writing again.
© Copyright 2005 The Bard of Trosck (korthac at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/991880-Plea-for-help