*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/991990-Magic-or-Mortality
by syaz
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #991990
Musings of a girl about another girl she knew too well.
One word is all it takes to turn the world around her upside down. Regarded as weird, freak, she was dismissed and despised by friends and relatives. Only her family seems to understand and accept her as is, a special person. Ever since she was little, she used to wonder why strange and unexplained incidents happen in her presence, or in this case, her family’s presence. She had not failed to notice the strangeness of her family that includes both her parents and her brother.

Tears were not shed, ever since she first found out her bloodline, her future, her destiny. Instead, a feeling of relief and joy was what she felt during that fateful day. If this is not enough, if this is not her future, why does it have to happen now? Why now? Why couldn’t it be earlier? She had so many ifs and what’s plagued her mind, her conscious self and it made her panic. Her purpose in her world was to lead the community and protect her people, her bloodline, and her family.

Pride and happiness was expressed by everyone the moment she was taken back to her world. She felt truly at home, now that she was reunited with her people, her subjects, and the people she held the responsibility to protect. This is her home. This is where she belongs and this will be the place for her to let go of her last breath.

Tears streaking down her pink cheeks, her eyes were glassy from crying and she felt tired of all this. She felt useless and resentful. Even the fatigue that crept up to her couldn’t push away her guilt ridden heart and soul. Why? Because her people had looked up to her and she had let them down. How? Why, it’s because of her, she failed to protect her people. Even she, the most powerful witch in her world was feeling hopeless. This shouldn’t be happening.

However unexpected the recent turn of events, she would have to face it bravely and hope for the best. Cry as she might, tears would never let her out of this mess. Not her brother, and not even her parents or closest confidants could talk her out of guilt. To make matters worse, her boyfriend had just proposed to her and he would soon be the Royal Consort of her Majesty had she accepted his proposal.

What should she choose? The path of her bloodline, her fate, her destiny in the magical world, or the path of mortality to escape the world she had once sought comfort in. After all, this is her future and it will determine the outcome of her world.
© Copyright 2005 syaz (syasha15 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/991990-Magic-or-Mortality