*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993264-At-The-Bar
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #993264
i wrote this when i was out of poetry ideas. its dumb but i like the ending.
As she sits at the bar, with her grey goose martini, she waits. She waits and waits and waits. The other people walk by and stare because the double-chinned girl is sitting alone, waiting.

Suddenly her phone rings and his name is shown on the caller-id. He says he's sorry, but, once again, he can't make it. It's the same as always, make plans, break them, and have make-up sex. She's sick of all the crap he puts her through so she told him, "I know exactly what you're doing. I'm not dumb. A girl can see in a man's eyes if there's another girl. I know there is and I'm done. I'm done with you and I hope you die for putting me through this pain."

But being the man he was he simpley said, "Yeah there's another girl. I don't care about you. You may be smart, but Melissa is way damn better in the bed then you ever will be. I know that since I'm gone you have nothing to live for, so it looks like I'm not going to be the one dieing anytime soon."

And with that he hung up. She should have never told him those things. He just took her secrets and threw them in her face, and laughed. She has never been so hurt in her life.

She knew he was right. He wouldn't be the one dieing, she would. First she would get so drunk that she'd black out and, knowing herself, she wouldn't wake up.

So, she sat there drinking another grey goose martini. Then she said, "Okay, just one more." But one turned into two, then three, she stopped counting after that.

As she was about to try and stand up to take herself home, she heard a voice. A voice that sounds like someone wanted to help her. "Maybe it's God," she thought. When she turned, she didn't see God, but she did see a man who had care and sensitivity written across his forhead.

"May I pick up your broken heart and mend it back together?" is what she ehard him say. Of course, we all know that was the alcohol. He really said, "Hello. You look upset. My name is Phil and I was wondering if I could buy you a drink." All she could do was smile, someone cared.

I would tell you the rest of the story, but I don't know it. I stopped listening to Nancy at that point. I didn't feel I needed to know anymore. Plus, I fell off my barstool.
© Copyright 2005 Death Do Us Part (diffnlovnit at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993264-At-The-Bar