*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993419-Heaven-Scent
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #993419
Continuing misadventures of Chitos
A slight flicker twitches under the motley-colored fur, as if a demon is trying to erupt forth into being. The glorious meal that was consumed earlier has since dispersed, and the enormous feline luxuriating on the bed rolls onto his back, his tail flipping up and thwapping lazily about in a half-moon. Upon his back the warmth of the late afternoon sun lulls his mind, nearly keeping him in the realm of slumber, but the sound of the outside breeze knocking the tree's branches against the window yanked him into waking at last.
'Hmmmmmm, what a wonderful dream that was...' the voice in his mind utters, his large eyes slowly opening. 'Dream? Oh no, that was a dream? All that lovely lasagne was only in my mind? How awful!!'
The sadness in his heart is interrupted as he hears voices out in the corridor, and his cat's ears cock forward as he rises stretching from the bed. As his muscles relax once again, he can see through the crack of the open door that indeed, the one whom he had devoured in his dream was quite alive, and his eyes narrowed irritably.
'So there you are..., I should have known. Well, you just wait, I will get you somehow....
And then it will be his turn, the one who was cruel enough to saddle me with a name like Chitos! Bah!' With an obvious look of disgust, he waits for the group of young men to leave, and then casually leaps down to the floor below.
Side to side his body moves as he saunters out of the room, his whiskers flaring just a bit as he pads out into the now-empty corridor. The sound of their voices dissipates altogether, leaving the house relatively silent again. 'Decisions, decisions, what to do now? Not hungry, odd. But, if only I had some of, oh what is that stuff called? Ah well, like I will ever know that wonderful ecstasy again.' A sneeze made him stop up short, and his eyes shut hard against the violent reaction of his olfactory system's response to the allergen. As his eyes reopened, his heart lightened at the delicate undercurrent of the sweetest scent.
'Is it, no, it can't be! I can't be smelling what I think I'm smelling, can I? Oh please, let me not be fooled this time and be dreaming this as well!' Chitos wails in his mind as he hurries down towards the source of the smell. His tail bushes out as he slides to a halt before the room at the end, and he nearly trembles with excitement as the minty scent tantalizes him along inside. Without a second thought, he races inside, and there, sitting in plain view on the windowsill is the essence of all longing.
'It is it! That plant, that marvelous plant! Oh joy of my existence, you are all mine, all mine!' Chitos cries out, his voice coming out in the oddest yowl to ever come out of a feline's mouth. He sails through the air, nimbly landing beside the grey-green plant that is soaking up the sunlight. Without hesitation, he pushes his nose into the leaves, sniffing eagerly at the intoxicating smell. In his haste, his actions knock the large catnip plant down to the floor, shattering the clay pot she resides in into a shower of terra cotta shards all over the tile floor. To Chitos' surprise, the plant starts to resemble the form of a woman, but still exudes the fragrance that has led him here. As the form stirs, she seems to grow larger, but this does not deter him from his renewed assault, and with outstretched claws, he pounces on her, sinking them deeply into her as he buries his fangs into the flesh of her soft neck. To his delight, she puts up little resistance, deciding to surrender her will to that of the cat as he drinks in the high of the drug given to cats far and wide by that of Mother Earth.
'Oh, oh, how sweet you are...., and mine, all mine,' he growls, ripping and tearing her to shreds as his entire being soaks up what is left until all life is gone at last. Before long, it is over, and there lays the larger-than-life feline, perched upon his latest victory, waiting to be found...
© Copyright 2005 AevaRedWolf (aevaredwolf at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993419-Heaven-Scent