*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993985-Linas-Secret
Rated: E · Fiction · Other · #993985
A story about a ten year old girl and her best friends.
Lina tapped loudly on her table. She had seated herself at the head, having had Michelle sit to her right and Nina to her left. "Today is our first meeting! Rejoice, greatest of my friends!" She snickered at her exaggeratedly proper speech, then continued, "This is going to be our little secret. Nobody knows about us, and nobody ever can!" She watched as the two nodded in agreement. "Good! It'll be our little club, and we can always be there for each other."

---

"Stupid Lina! We'd let you play with us, but you're just not good enough! Sorry!" said the egotistical popular girl with a bitingly sarcastic tone. Lina whimpered and stamped her foot, turning to walk toward the tree she always sat under at recess. She usually didn't bother asking to play with the other girls, but parents and teachers urged her to "make an effort". If only life were so simple.
Lina sat against the tree, looking up to see Nina walking around from behind the tree! “Oh, Nina, just when I needed you! But where’s Michelle?” She glanced to the side and noticed Michelle coming around the tree to join them. “Oh, I’m so glad! We’re all here!” Lina smiled, hiding by the tree and talking with her best friends until recess ended and the teacher called the students back to class.

---

Lina sat in her room at her little table chatting happily with Nina and Michelle. She wasn’t expecting it, but it just so happened that her mom left work early that day. Curious, Lina’s mother walked cautiously down the hall as she heard her daughter talking. She opened the door to Lina’s room and peeked in, seeing her daughter sitting at her table, alone. “Who were you talking to, dear?”

“Oh… Just myself, I guess.”
© Copyright 2005 Silent Heaven (promise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/993985-Linas-Secret