*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994652-Ode-to-socks
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Other · #994652
The goal is to write something every day. This is today's.
         I've spent the entire ride home with one thought, I hate these socks. The shoes need upgrading as well but I really, really, really hate these socks. And to go with my ideas of only wearing things I feel passionate about these socks are going in the garbage. Don't get me started on the shoes, I'll admit I can't wait until I've worn them out cause they are not my favorite walking shoes, they ride and they rub but damn I hate these socks.

         Is it socks in general or just these specifically? Both I would say. I'm much happier barefoot, I'll even go as far as wearing flip-flops or mules but barefoot is perfered.

         These socks are killing me, the toes bunch up and the back rides down, the ribbing doesn't stretch and the faded black is a poor reminder of the brilliant socks they must have been once.
© Copyright 2005 heatherlorrmay (heatherlorrmay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/994652-Ode-to-socks