*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/996301-Burning-In-Water-And-Drowning-In-Flame
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Adult · #996301
A girl and a guy who have known each other for a little while, finally get together.
It was a cool mid-February afternoon. Her and 3 of her friends were on their way to a Wiccan festival. She had been looking forward to this since she had been told about it. They arrived just in time to catch the drummers playing. This had always fascinated her, how so many people could simultaneously make such beautiful music with only drums. The small group walked around, taking everything in, from the smell of the slow-cooking food, to the beauty of the park around them, to the feeling of their surroundings. It was a most peaceful place, even if there were hundreds of people there. After they had been walking around for several hours, they decided it was time to go home.

On the drive home, she received a phone call. He had been calling alot lately, and she couldn't figure out why. He was with one of her friends, or so she thought. So why was he calling her? Once she heard his voice, she didn't much care why. They talked for a while, when he told her, her good friend had confided in him that she had feelings for him. This was quite a shock to her (especially since even SHE didn't know how she really felt about him at that point). She had to smile, though, when he said he had feelings for her too. They agreed to meet at her house, since that was where everyone was going anyway. She hung up the phone and had to smile to herself. He was gorgeous. She couldn't deny that!

Once the group arrived back at her house, she started preparations for dinner. Someone put on a movie, and everyone began talking about the festival. Every now and then, someone would ask her a question about something and she would answer. She stayed in the kitchen "to prepare dinner", but she really just wanted to be alone with her thoughts. There was something in his voice that made her nervous. There was really no reason to be nervous, this wasn't the first time he had been to her house, wasn't the first time they had seen one another. What was so different about this encounter? She didn't know and couldn't figure it out. Maybe she didn't want to figure it out.

Soon there was a knock at the door. She didn't know who got up to answer it, but all of a sudden she heard his voice. He was telling everyone hello and asking how their day was (she thought this was kind of endearing). Naturally, everyone had to tell him about the festival. She stayed in the kitchen, still trying to prepare dinner. He finally wandered into where she was. He gave her a big hug and kiss on the cheek as he said "Hello". They made small talk as he watched her finish up in the kitchen. She set the dinnerware and silverware out, and filled the glasses with ice. She let everyone get their food before she went for hers. It was all part of being a good hostess.

They all found a spot to sit on the floor in the living room, so they could finish their movie. Everyone was talking and laughing and just having a good time. Everytime she would look over at him, she noticed he was looking at her. This made a small smile reach her full lips. As the evening progressed, everyone tried to get "comfy". She had decided that she wanted to stretch out on the floor on her favorite blanket. As she settled down, he crawled up next to her. He wrapped his muscular arms around her waist and she settled into his arms. Soon, one by one, people started falling asleep. He started kissing her gently on her shoulder, then her neck, soon after her cheek. She rolled to where she could look at him, and then he kissed her lightly on the lips.

Before she knew it, they were kissing rather passionately. Arms and hands roaming to whereever they desired. She felt something she hadn't felt in a very long time. She was content. Happy to be where she was. Looking into the gorgeous eyes of a man she felt she could easily fall in love with. He asked her if she wanted to move into the bedroom. She could only nod her head yes.

© Copyright 2005 Raven Sixx (slave4spgcmest at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/996301-Burning-In-Water-And-Drowning-In-Flame